Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Spokes?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Luke Spokes?

This thread currently has 3,707 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 17, 2021, 8:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Not heard anything about him for weeks. One Holloway signing who, whilst not the end product, did look like he was at least improving.
Private Message
Mallyner
March 17, 2021, 8:15am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Not heard anything about him for weeks. One Holloway signing who, whilst not the end product, did look like he was at least improving.

I liked him too, although inexperienced at this level he seemed to have enthusiasm and be able to play a good forward moving pass and I think if handled correctly will become a good player.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
RonMariner
March 17, 2021, 9:15am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
Could be that he , Jackson and Gibson are actually going to prosper next season in the NL. i mean that seriously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
forza ivano
March 17, 2021, 11:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from RonMariner
Could be that he , Jackson and Gibson are actually going to prosper next season in the NL. i mean that seriously.

can't see it myself, particularly Gibson. Spokes is the most likely, but still think he will bit part, as will Jackson. Jackson is certainly not the new Bogle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
toontown
March 17, 2021, 11:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from forza ivano

can't see it myself, particularly Gibson. Spokes is the most likely, but still think he will bit part, as will Jackson. Jackson is certainly not the new Bogle

Agreed. Especially  the bit about gibson,  unless the offside rule doesn't apply in the national league.

Spokes could be a squad player, not sure Jackson will be kept as only a year to payoff. Whereas Gibson has 2 more years, probably be loaned out to NLN/NLS for first half of season and see how he gets on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
RonMariner
March 17, 2021, 1:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
They are young players, and both Jackson and Spokes have shown some good signs despite the fact that they have been  thrown in the deep end in a higher league and in a urine poor squad.

I just think there may be some potential there, at NL level at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Bigdog
March 17, 2021, 1:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from RonMariner

I highly doubt it if we wanted to get promoted. We need to be much stronger than this season to even trouble the play offs and those two haven't been good enough to be considered as starters however poor we've been, and I'd also say that about pretty much every other permanent member of our playing squad too..

Contracted beyond the end of this season are the following..

Mckeown 2022
Waterfall 2022
Morais 2022
Rose 2022
Wright 2022
Gibson 2023
LJL 2022
Jackson 2022
Scannell 2022
Williams 2022

Can only make a case for not paying up three or four of that list.. We can't afford to carry talented injury prone players, those with their best years behind them or those that look woefully short in League Two..

Out of contract this summer worth signing again if they don't get fixed up in the EFL which I'm sure at least a couple of them will..

Pollock
Hendrie
Hewitt
Clifton
Coke

It's not a great starting point at all. Out of the players identified only three or four could realistically be a regular starter in a promotion winning team. A starting eleven selected out of the players above would struggle to be mid-table. As we all know, underestimate the Conference at your peril. Huge rethink and clear out if/when we get relegated..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
RonMariner
March 17, 2021, 2:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

I highly doubt it if we wanted to get promoted. We need to be much stronger than this season to even trouble the play offs and those two haven't been good enough to be considered as starters however poor we've been, and I'd also say that about pretty much every other permanent member of our playing squad too..

Contracted beyond the end of this season are the following..

Mckeown 2022
Waterfall 2022
Morais 2022
Rose 2022
Wright 2022
Gibson 2023
LJL 2022
Jackson 2022
Scannell 2022
Williams 2022

Can only make a case for not paying up three or four of that list.. We can't afford to carry talented injury prone players, those with their best years behind them or those that look woefully short in League Two..

Out of contract this summer worth signing again if they don't get fixed up in the EFL which I'm sure at least a couple of them will..

Pollock
Hendrie
Hewitt
Clifton
Coke

It's not a great starting point at all. Out of the players identified only three or four could realistically be a regular starter in a promotion winning team. A starting eleven selected out of the players above would struggle to be mid-table. As we all know, underestimate the Conference at your peril. Huge rethink and clear out if/when we get relegated..

Blimey, when you see the list laid out above it is truly depressing. We need a massive clear out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Gaffer58
March 17, 2021, 2:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from RonMariner

Blimey, when you see the list laid out above it is truly depressing. We need a massive clear out.

My thoughts completely, if players aren’t good enough for bottom of league 2 then they’re definitely not good enough to gain promotion from the conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
RonMariner
March 17, 2021, 2:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58

My thoughts completely, if players aren’t good enough for bottom of league 2 then they’re definitely not good enough to gain promotion from the conference.

Dead right. You have to be able to clear your lines, mark opponents, read the game, keep possession, create chances and hit the target, and stay fit whatever level of football you are in. We currently don't have many players that can do many of those basic things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Spokes?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.