Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › More Nukes ?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

More Nukes ?

This thread currently has 370 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
codcheeky
March 16, 2021, 12:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Billions to buy 40% more nuclear weapons that we will never ever use from the magic money tree,  anyone like to defend this madness?
Private Message
grimsby pete
March 16, 2021, 12:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
Don't think the average person in the street would want any never mind more.

Boris probably going to hide the extra cash required with all the other billions borrowed at 0% apr

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Manchester Mariner
March 16, 2021, 1:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Always amuses me how Trident is called a 'Nuclear deterrent', almost in an ashamed admission not to call it what it actually is.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Humbercod
March 16, 2021, 2:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,489
Gold Stars: 82
If it gets the SNP’s choking on their porridge then it’s a 👍 from me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Sandford1981
March 16, 2021, 2:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
I find them utterly perplexing and can’t get my head around the scale of them . I’m sure I will come across as wonderfully naive or ‘soft’ but nuclear weapons absolutely disgust me and frighten me in equal measure and in a way that other weapons of destruction don’t.  Is there some hypocrisy and contradiction in that? Probably yes.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
KingstonMariner
March 16, 2021, 2:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod
If it gets the SNP’s choking on their porridge then it’s a 👍 from me.

Seriously. Get some help.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
codcheeky
March 16, 2021, 3:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Sandford1981
I find them utterly perplexing and can’t get my head around the scale of them . I’m sure I will come across as wonderfully naive or ‘soft’ but nuclear weapons absolutely disgust me and frighten me in equal measure and in a way that other weapons of destruction don’t.  Is there some hypocrisy and contradiction in that? Probably yes.

Likewise, I cannot understand why nuclear weapons are ok(but only for certain countries) and biological weapons and Gas are not, we apparently won the cold war so who are we going use them on?
As a point to Humbercod, if as seems likely the Scots vote for independence and no nukes, where are we going to put the subs that they are on?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
DB
March 16, 2021, 4:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
I have always thought of the first law of the land being the defence of the nation. As long as countries deemed as potential enemies have them, then we should have them to protect us. That said I would much prefer politicians, all parties, to look at a world map for the 'pink' bits.

We are no longer Great Britain with territories to defend and bring back various commodities for our use. You do then wonder why we need not only nukes but aircraft carriers etc.. Boris said today it is to defend trade routes, particular those with Asia citing China as a possible enemy. So he infers we trade with the enemy!

With out going into long stitherums we are now a small but prosperous trading nation and the likely attacks are cyber and militant groups on our own shores. Surely a better model for defence would be, in this day and age, neutrality like Switzerland.

A properly equipped navy and air force to protect these islands from terrorists, illegal immigrants and all those who may cause harm on this land be it cyber or otherwise. Anybody wishing to come here must have a visa, any boat/ship in our waters and aircraft fly over us must been authorised. No authority and give a warning, if they don't heed it sink the vessels and shoot down the aircraft.

We need an army to protect our borders but not in the sense of todays army with tanks and other hardware. The foreign policy should be we protect our shores and not those of other nations.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
Humbercod
March 16, 2021, 8:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,489
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Seriously. Get some help.

Get a sense of humour!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
KingstonMariner
March 17, 2021, 12:34am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod

Get a sense of humour!

Did you say something humorous? My God if you thought that was funny, you really do need help.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › More Nukes ?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.