Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anything from the EFL?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 203 Guests

Anything from the EFL?

This thread currently has 4,315 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
March 16, 2021, 1:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
I can only see it being an issue if the NL have not played enough games to form a reasonable league table.  At the end of the day over 40+ games, the champion and play-off winner probably have a case to go up. Why would the EFL be especially bothered which 2 teams at the top of the NL replace the bottom 2 in League Two? All the teams who look like they might be promoted appear to be "proper" well-funded sides. If they refuse to promote them there is bound to be the hassle of a legal challenge.

We'll just have to take it on the chin and fight our way back up. Except this time don't disband half the team when we eventually reemerge in L2.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 25
TownSNAFU5
March 16, 2021, 1:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
This season is anything BUT normal.   Relegation might be normal but the abyss below us is not.

But, If we are relegated then I can see the EFL not fighting our corner.  We are expendable.  If say Sunderland and Pompey were relegated then their more powerful voices might be listened to.

The likely outcome is that we knuckle down and start our recovery (with new owners and more funding) from a low base.  Our rivals are likely to be cash-strapped.

The plan should be to get higher up the league than the bottom half of Division 2.  Something that we have not achieved for around 15 years.  A very sad indictment of how this Club has been managed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
DB
March 16, 2021, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from GrimRob
I can only see it being an issue if the NL have not played enough games to form a reasonable league table.  At the end of the day over 40+ games, the champion and play-off winner probably have a case to go up. Why would the EFL be especially bothered which 2 teams at the top of the NL replace the bottom 2 in League Two? All the teams who look like they might be promoted appear to be "proper" well-funded sides. If they refuse to promote them there is bound to be the hassle of a legal challenge.

We'll just have to take it on the chin and fight our way back up. Except this time don't disband half the team when we eventually reemerge in L2.

Surely it depends on where the money has come from. If they have taken loans via the NL to survive then this could not count as proper well funded clubs. Without these loans they would not have survived or been promoted.

PS. Their is a hyphen in re-emerge

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
psgmariner
March 16, 2021, 1:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from DB

You are right. There is.

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
aldi_01
March 16, 2021, 4:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whilst I appreciate it’s a valid discussion it just highlights how flipping terrible we are that we’re clinging to this straw...

Can’t imagine Cheltenham, Cambridge, Newport et al are worrying about this...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
WesternMariner
March 16, 2021, 4:59pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +948
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from aldi_01
Whilst I appreciate it’s a valid discussion it just highlights how flipping terrible we are that we’re clinging to this straw...

Can’t imagine Cheltenham, Cambridge, Newport et al are worrying about this...

Why is there spelling and grammer better than what ours is?

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Azimuth
March 16, 2021, 5:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
If we are relegated it is not more or no less than we deserve and must live with the consequences of that, clutching at straws does not change how poor we have been this season umder two managers both of whom had a transfer window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
GrimRob
March 16, 2021, 5:28pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from DB

Surely it depends on where the money has come from. If they have taken loans via the NL to survive then this could not count as proper well funded clubs. Without these loans they would not have survived or been promoted.

Grammarly doesn't mind it. I have it installed as an extension in my browser so it automatically checks textboxes including posts on the forum.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reemerge

It spotted four mistakes in your two sentences.

I'd recommend using it if you are on a PC, it improves your English just by observing what it says. My main gripe is that it can't cope with "Town are" and it wants to me say "Town is". Football clubs and bands are always plural.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 25
pen penfras
March 16, 2021, 5:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GrimRob

Grammarly doesn't mind it. I have it installed as an extension in my browser so it automatically checks textboxes including posts on the forum.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reemerge

It spotted four mistakes in your two sentences.

I'd recommend using it if you are on a PC, it improves your English just by observing what it says. My main gripe is that it can't cope with "Town are" and it wants to me say "Town is". Football clubs and bands are always plural.

I agree that they are plural, but companies are not and it seems like they should be too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 16, 2021, 5:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
And as their beloved football team slipped away to a slow and painful death, Grimsby Town supporters entertained themselves with pointless threads about grammar and punctuation.....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anything from the EFL?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.