Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust shares?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 229 Guests

Trust shares?

This thread currently has 7,194 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
ska face
March 17, 2021, 10:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Yeah, good.

Sooner have one person on the board who knows what he’s doing than a clueless dictator like Honest John who has put us into non league TWICE whilst pursuing his own vanity projects.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
diehardmariner
March 17, 2021, 10:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
What is the benefit to the club, or the trust of John Fenty giving those shares back to the Trust?

Does the Trust have the additional wealth to then support the club in a way financially that owning such a large % of the issued share capital warrants?

Does the Trust have the financial wealth to even meet the tax liability it would incur from a gift of shares of that size and value?

But here is the big question you should all be asking yourself ....

If John Fenty gifted those shares back to the Mariners Trust, would the new consortium even want to complete the sale of his other shares? Don’t the consortium want all of John Fenty’s shares? Why would the consortium want to buy his shares minus the element that was once the Trusts? Why would the consortium want any other very big shareholder in their new business? Especially as they intend to move forward with multi million £ investments in stadiums and regeneration that the Trust couldn’t possibly ever consider investing in, pro-rata to the extent of its shareholding

People really have to think about these things carefully. There’s far more to it at stake than what you believe is the moral obligations of either the Trust or John Fenty here. You have to see the bigger picture

There will come a time, soon after the Consortium takeover, depending on whether the share purchase is made by a company they set up, or as individuals; that the Consortium will be duty bound to offer to take on everybody else’s shares. That’s yours and mine, and the Trusts. But, if JF’s shares are purchased by three individually, then that rule won’t apply, since neither of them will hold a majority stake in the business.

Y'see Phil, these are the types of questions that make it absolutely obvious as to who you are.  You just can't help but try and deflect something good that is happening by trying to put a negative spin on things.  You keep referring to the size of power in the business, which is one of the many attitudes that has led to the shower of excrement approach that has run this club for 20 years.

Maybe, just maybe, the approach of the new owners isn't all about waving their willies at others and highlighting how much control they have.  Maybe they recognise the benefit of fan representation....crazy concept I know!

It might just be that the ambitions of the new owners goes beyond feeling that they're the most important person in a room filled with sycophants.

No doubt about it, the consortium will have big plans and I don't think anyone is under any illusion they're coming here without an eye on using the club as some sort of vehicle for wealth generation via the local regeneration plan.  I'm comfortable with that, as I suspect are most.  But why on earth would anyone ask a Supporters Trust, regardless of their shareholding, to invest in the club itself?  That's absolutely the type of thing to expect from someone who expected financial input from the fan base, who demanded and used threats to gain shares he didn't really have a claim to, the type of attitude from someone who never really had the best interest of the club at heart and thought it was a cash cow.  

Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
Fillipe Noche
March 17, 2021, 10:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from diehardmariner

Y'see Phil, these are the types of questions that make it absolutely obvious as to who you are.  You just can't help but try and deflect something good that is happening by trying to put a negative spin on things.  You keep referring to the size of power in the business, which is one of the many attitudes that has led to the shower of excrement approach that has run this club for 20 years.

Maybe, just maybe, the approach of the new owners isn't all about waving their willies at others and highlighting how much control they have.  Maybe they recognise the benefit of fan representation....crazy concept I know!

It might just be that the ambitions of the new owners goes beyond feeling that they're the most important person in a room filled with sycophants.

No doubt about it, the consortium will have big plans and I don't think anyone is under any illusion they're coming here without an eye on using the club as some sort of vehicle for wealth generation via the local regeneration plan.  I'm comfortable with that, as I suspect are most.  But why on earth would anyone ask a Supporters Trust, regardless of their shareholding, to invest in the club itself?  That's absolutely the type of thing to expect from someone who expected financial input from the fan base, who demanded and used threats to gain shares he didn't really have a claim to, the type of attitude from someone who never really had the best interest of the club at heart and thought it was a cash cow.  

I think you’ve lost the plot mate. I see the takeover by the Consortium to have the potential to be wonderful and I look forward to seeing it progress positively.

I was merely commenting on the matter of the Trust shares and shareholding in general, without negativity, and you must be a dimwit not to be able to see that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust shares?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.