DB
March 14, 2021, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from arryarryarry

So what exactly is he currently in the process of re-building?

Games room with a new dartboard.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
Teestogreen
March 14, 2021, 5:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
Dave Booth ? Dave Boylen (Nah! New footballer good lad).
DB troll ? -     but why?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
DB
March 14, 2021, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen
Dave Booth ? Dave Boylen (Nah! New footballer good lad).
DB troll ? -     but why?

Are you on planet earth or that rover on mars. Given the abysmal state the club is in I think the latter due to the time lapse of getting statistics to you.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
TownSNAFU5
March 14, 2021, 5:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Port Vale might continue to fail.  We are due some luck in a few games.  Maybe Covid-ravaged opponents giving us a chance?

Vale at home last game (is last game?). A slight 1 in 5 chance.  Better than nothing .

Maybe games limited to 60 mins?   We can hope.  The squad bonds together and improves.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
Teestogreen
March 14, 2021, 5:40pm

Champagne Drinker
Judging by the red crosses - think I’m right.
UTM - please put this club in some safe hands. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
cmackenzie4
March 14, 2021, 5:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Draws - 6
Lose - 5
Win 2

Total points - 38pts  (Bottom)

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
DB
March 14, 2021, 6:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen
Judging by the red crosses - think I’m right.
UTM - please put this club in some safe hands. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Now I was asked nicely by Ginny not to mention red crosses, but as you have mentioned it ( apologies Ginny) red crosses are now deemed a badge of honour. So thank you for mentioning how many people honour me. Of course if they didn't wish to honour me then they would stop. Positive thinking my friend!

Fortunate for me I have never been in an asylum. It is in very bad taste that you bring up the problems of people with mental health issues. It really shows what an illegitimate person you are.

This is a football site and the numbers of ex footballers with dementia is growing, some are household names. Then you have families who have had to cope with covid bringing all sorts of anxieties and stress in their lives. The families of the million of people who have died with covid, some watching the agony of loved ones die.

People who have lost their jobs and cannot cope financially and wondering where the next meal will come. Desperate for food from food banks, mothers under stress to feed their children. And this is just from covid.

Other in society are already suffering mental health issues caused with money worries, marriage break ups, pressure to keep a job while being bullied. Love to tell the gaffer to stuff it but have mortgage/rent and families to support. Totally stressed out and on medication to help them cope.

You are a horrid little insignificant illegitimate person for even suggesting lunatics and asylums. That said I do not wish harm or ill health but wish you would engage your brain before using a keyboard.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
Teestogreen
March 14, 2021, 6:40pm

Champagne Drinker
Oooh!! Nasty

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
sonofmadeleymariner
March 14, 2021, 6:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
2 points, I just can't see where the goals are going to come from to get many draws never mind any wins at the moment

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
forza ivano
March 14, 2021, 7:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from arryarryarry

Re-building?

So which of this squad would you keep for a promotion challenge out of the National League.

Is it possible for you to be just a little bit more dispassionate at times, and not to be totally blinded by your hatred of Hurst , so that a rational discussion could be had?

i will therefore take your post at face value.
IMHO a lot depends on whether the improvement we've shown in the last 3 games can be sustained. IF (and it's a big if, i grant you) then i'd say Eastwood (just because i've got a funny feeling he'll be freed in May) + McKeown (hopefully he's got his mojo back now), Hendrie, Hewitt,Menayese (again, i think he might be freed), Clifton, Wright, Lamy, Matete (if we could get him on a seasons loan, but i think he's destined for better things) of the current first choicers.
The million dollar question with Coke,Harbegham, Hanson, The Shop and Morais is whether they could sustain a long tough season. That's one you'll have to trust the manager on. FWIW i've been impressed with Coke, Hanson would be a real handful at that level as would Morais (plus i wonder whetherr we could use his coaching skills). The Shop might be a bit of a talisman, whilst a fully fit Harbegham should be good enough (although i fear his injury may limit him)
Out of the others i hope Spokes & Jackson get another chance whilst Waterfall, Pollock, & Gibson and Williams are here anyway. Would be nice if Pollock got sold for a few shekels, but the others don't fill me with any confidence.
It's the youngsters i fear for as Hurst isn't known for bringing them through, much as i'd like to see Adlard, Khouri, Idehen and Boyd be involved a bit more.

Hope i've answered your question
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Total Points

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.