March 13, 2021, 8:58pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
To the various betting fans on here:

Anyone been doing this? I haven’t but should’ve been. Only had one pair of wins all season haven’t we?

Less than 2/1 to lay Town today on the exchanges. Like the team, a missed opportunity.  Looks like over 3/1 to lay Town Wednesday but if we did win, will we really win 3 or 4 in a row? Really?

Just a case of whether u are comfortable laying ya own team to win and how much you put on it, as losses have to be rolled into future games until we fail to win. Smart money is on getting your bet winnings in on Wednesday or next Sat at latest.  Then repeat. At least with March fixtures, lay bets shouldn’t be too expensive. Not like Exeter away etc etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimRob
March 13, 2021, 9:34pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
It's easy with hindsight!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 10
paulgtfc
March 13, 2021, 10:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Not your sort of betting Rob, I know u like backing outsiders 😎. That said, backing Town is doing that of course so maybe you should back Town rather than lay Town..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
RonMariner
March 13, 2021, 10:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,791
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from paulgtfc
To the various betting fans on here:

Anyone been doing this? I haven’t but should’ve been. Only had one pair of wins all season haven’t we?

Less than 2/1 to lay Town today on the exchanges. Like the team, a missed opportunity.  Looks like over 3/1 to lay Town Wednesday but if we did win, will we really win 3 or 4 in a row? Really?

Just a case of whether u are comfortable laying ya own team to win and how much you put on it, as losses have to be rolled into future games until we fail to win. Smart money is on getting your bet winnings in on Wednesday or next Sat at latest.  Then repeat. At least with March fixtures, lay bets shouldn’t be too expensive. Not like Exeter away etc etc

It's all over my head Paul but I gave it a Gold Star just in case!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Rodley Mariner
March 13, 2021, 10:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
I don't understand this but get enough of an idea to guess that me getting on it now might be our only chance of survival.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
paulgtfc
March 13, 2021, 10:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

It's all over my head Paul but I gave it a Gold Star just in case!

It’s top stuff Ron. For those who read Andrew David, he would no doubt agree that Fibonacci would work for this albeit you are effectively betting at odds on and losses can run away with you. Said losses are mitigated by Town’s incompetence which is borne out by one pair of wins all season.  Please correct me if Town did win 3 in a row  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
paulgtfc
March 13, 2021, 10:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I don't understand this but get enough of an idea to guess that me getting on it now might be our only chance of survival.

Good point Rodley.  I do think that myself too  . Needs more than our bankrolling of potential wins to stay up though...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
GrimRob
March 13, 2021, 11:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from paulgtfc
Not your sort of betting Rob, I know u like backing outsiders 😎. That said, backing Town is doing that of course so maybe you should back Town rather than lay Town..

This season will be talked about for years by statisticians because it's a perfect experiment to see the effect that the crowd have. Their absence for a whole season, plus VAR in the top divisions, I imagine will have generated a lot of talking points.

I don't bet much these days but at one time I had quite sophisticated models to try and identify bets. I never bothered with staking plans like yours though.

But what works one year quite often doesn't work the next. Laying Liverpool to lose would have been profitable last season and a disaster this season.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 10
LH
March 13, 2021, 11:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Yep. See a group of lads discussing backing a goal in 0-0s after 70mins of Southend and Barrow games this week. Put £20 on the Southend match today. Where do I sign up to bet on Town being relegated?!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
cannylad68
March 14, 2021, 8:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Too late now.

I took 4/1 with BetVictor and layed at 1.3.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Laying Town using Fibonacci sequence

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.