Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attack is one dimensional...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 244 Guests

Attack is one dimensional...

This thread currently has 2,309 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
MarshMariner
March 13, 2021, 7:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Can't question the effort again tonight, but our attack is so one dimensional... Long ball to Hanson...

Hanson is playing far too deep.  Hanson should be another 10-15 meters up the pitch and be further ahead of LJL.  When Hanson wins the ball and turns he is about 35 meters from the goal, he is never going to run past the opposition, so that is easier to defend against.

Hurst seems reluctant to try Payne and LJL, or some other combination..

Jackson looked ok when he came on, someone who could perhaps run in behind, enabling us to stretch the play? and potentially allow us to push the midfield further up the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimRob
March 13, 2021, 7:47pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Jackson's played about 8 hours this season. I can't help but feel we'd have got a better return from him with more games.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 12
RonMariner
March 13, 2021, 7:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GrimRob
Jackson's played about 8 hours this season. I can't help but feel we'd have got a better return from him with more games.

He is still our leading scorer among forwards isn't he? With 2 goals?

Jesus, what a statistic.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
lee65
March 13, 2021, 8:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
I would certainly bring on Jackson ahead of Payne every time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
HertsGTFC
March 13, 2021, 8:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
I’m not sure the attack is completely to blame, I thought both wide players showed a couple of good ideas but in reality failed to get in behind them. Coke did his job but I thought Matette was poor and needs to get the ball and carry it which he’s proved he’s more than capable of.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
DB
March 13, 2021, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Any dimension will do at the moment, 1 shot on target in 90 mins tells a story. Their keeper was reported as ify but his was even stretched.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
arryarryarry
March 14, 2021, 12:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from MarshMariner
Can't question the effort again tonight, but our attack is so one dimensional... Long ball to Hanson...

Hanson is playing far too deep.  Hanson should be another 10-15 meters up the pitch and be further ahead of LJL.  When Hanson wins the ball and turns he is about 35 meters from the goal, he is never going to run past the opposition, so that is easier to defend against.

Hurst seems reluctant to try Payne and LJL, or some other combination..

Jackson looked ok when he came on, someone who could perhaps run in behind, enabling us to stretch the play? and potentially allow us to push the midfield further up the pitch

Probably because since he scored, whenever he has come on he looks about as much use as me playing up front.

Mind you I did score I think 2 goals in about 10 seasons.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
fishboyUTM
March 14, 2021, 7:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Agree completely re Hanson playing so deep. We have a weapon called Morais who can really cross a ball. What's the point when we have our target man 30 yards from goal? We have LJL to hold the ball up and involve the wingers, get Hanson in the box where he can do some damage with his physical attributes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
male private Nale
March 14, 2021, 7:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
The match day squad has been crying out for something different other than the 4 identikit strikers hurst has been using . Jackson although raw offers this with his pace and unpredictable nature. He is the club’s top scoring striker so must be able to be in the right place at the right times on occasions.
Over the last two games lamy has threaded 4 through balls into the final third but have been wasted due to our attackers not having the legs to get on them.
Payne resembles Green in his desire when stepping onto the field and Jackson would be ahead of those two every game for me.
It’s all too little too late now after picking up 1 point from 6 in two must win games.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Hagrid
March 14, 2021, 8:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
I honestly think Green puts in More than Stefan Payne. Who looks about as interested as me watching songs of praise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attack is one dimensional...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.