2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Kristine
March 12, 2021, 5:47pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Following a number of requests for iFollow figures we have put together full season information to date.

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/ifollow-numbers/

You will notice that despite struggles on the pitch #GTFC fans have continued to purchase in good numbers & are above the home/away division average

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
DB
March 12, 2021, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Kristine
Following a number of requests for iFollow figures we have put together full season information to date.

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/ifollow-numbers/

You will notice that despite struggles on the pitch #GTFC fans have continued to purchase in good numbers & are above the home/away division average

Thank you for this information. I have wondered for ages how many watch on ifollow and how much Town get.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
March 12, 2021, 5:54pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Impressive stats. Good to read. It could be argued that the current regime don’t deserve us! Imagine the figures if we actually won the odd game...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
forza ivano
March 12, 2021, 6:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Impressive stats. Good to read. It could be argued that the current regime don’t deserve us! Imagine the figures if we actually won the odd game...

very true. Our average purchase of home games is over 800. Apart from Bolton nobody comes close to us (The Scunts 650 will have been elevated due to it being a local derby and a relegation 6 pointer - i'll bet they struggle to get 500 usually)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
moosey_club
March 12, 2021, 6:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Am i right in thinking that the season ticket holders only get the home games for free and have to subscribe for the away games ?

Which would partially explain why the away "attendance" are 200 - 300 hundred higher on average.

I wonder what the percentages of "normal" home gates to overall  ifollow viewers now is.....looking at those i guess we are about 50% , ie around 2000 (1200 (? was it ) STH & 800 paying ) for a home game. Wonder how that stacks up club to club.
I would be slightly concerned if i was the club as even though its cheaper for supporters to watch only half are choosing to do so , after a year of lockdown , a terrible season and potential relegation on the cards it might be a struggle convincing them to return.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Kristine
March 12, 2021, 6:26pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Season ticket holders are not part of those figures - they are purchased match passes.

I don’t think a simple comparison would give accurate data - 1 person is 1 ST, whereas a pass purchase is per household and likely includes more than one fan watching at times.

Sure the club are keeping an eye on the trends though.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
moosey_club
March 12, 2021, 6:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Kristine
Season ticket holders are not part of those figures - they are purchased match passes.

I don’t think a simple comparison would give accurate data - 1 person is 1 ST, whereas a pass purchase is per household and likely includes more than one fan watching at times.

Sure the club are keeping an eye on the trends though.

Ahh...good point.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 12, 2021, 6:57pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +887
Gold Stars: 120
Thanks for those figures Kristin.

Early season, when Chairman Day gave us figures of how much Town earn from each iFollow pass, I worked out an average and come to a figure of £313k for the season. Imagine how amazed when I read on the link...

"This is vital income for the club during these difficult times and season to date iFollow has provided just over £200K net of VAT which when projected for the full season is on course to net close to £300k. Given our league position this is fantastic support, lets keep it going. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
moosey_club
March 12, 2021, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Thanks for those figures Kristin.

Early season, when Chairman Day gave us figures of how much Town earn from each iFollow pass, I worked out an average and come to a figure of £313k for the season. Imagine how amazed when I read on the link...

"This is vital income for the club during these difficult times and season to date iFollow has provided just over £200K net of VAT which when projected for the full season is on course to net close to £300k. Given our league position this is fantastic support, lets keep it going. UTM

Should help pay the players bill for what we have got rid of already and the are likely to be paying off come May bill....so yes vital income.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
psgmariner
March 13, 2021, 6:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Didn’t some of our fans deliberately decide to buy their match passes via the opposition team (not a penny more etc) so it’s probably even more than that.

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow viewing figures - season so far

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.