Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR (H) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 211 Guests

FGR (H) Match Thread

This thread currently has 41,036 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Ruston AT
March 6, 2021, 5:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +427
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Coke, Bunney, Mizouni, Payne...all gash...I just hope now they get rid of Hurst. His record now stands alone and on his shoulders, go now, put D Moore in temp charge and get ready to reset from top to bottom in the conference next season

totally disagree about coke the other 3 yep.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 292
bartgtfc
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +191
Gold Stars: 3
Might az well watch Sutton Unitef v Wrexham, weigh up the opposition for next season.
Hurst out NOW, should never have come back.

Pride. Passion. Fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 292
TAGG

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Mayaman
We might not have deserved to win that but FGR used every bit of gamesmanship in the book and they got away with it.  Crap refereeing.  You could have put a rabbit on instead of bunney it would have created more.  After the first half I had so much hope.  

That begs the question, why dont we do it??
We are far to quiet as far as the officials are concerned.
We need to be a lot more shoutie

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 292
kafunanapar140909
March 6, 2021, 5:09pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Christ, get a grip.

We lost 2-1 against a team in the auto promotion slot.

It’s bad, but as usual the keyboard warriors have woken up.
We will probably go down, but please keep a sense of proportion.

It’s not over till it’s over.

Agree. How anyone can accuse Hurst of being "negative" I don't know. He came out with the 4-4-2 many were clamouring for, ended the match with three out-and-out strikers on the pitch, plus another who has played a good portion of his career up front. We were beaten by a very good team - their second goal was genuine quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 292
immariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
What the intercourse are players like Danny Rose playing at? Won promotion out this league last year and can't displace two kids who have done next to nowt since arriving on loan. Forgive me for directing my ire towards a player that hasn't played but it's just indicative of the absolute omnishambles that we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 292
bawarmy
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from bawarmy

There’s more than that though. You are on telly more, there’s some half decent old football league teams in there and if the consortium take over we can start again from the bottom. ( like Lincoln did)
As my dear old mum said before she passed away,  ‘ son,  when all seems lost, things can only get better, certainly if that tight gonad Fenty fcuks off’’. It was something like that anyway.

Red Cross for that. Don’t be disrespectful to my mother John
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 292
Northbank Mariner
March 6, 2021, 5:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from kafunanapar140909

Agree. How anyone can accuse Hurst of being "negative" I don't know. He came out with the 4-4-2 many were clamouring for, ended the match with three out-and-out strikers on the pitch, plus another who has played a good portion of his career up front. We were beaten by a very good team - their second goal was genuine quality.

We lost, at home, with 1 shot on target, hardly positive attacking football!!.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 292
Mayaman
March 6, 2021, 5:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from TAGG

That begs the question, why dont we do it??
We are far to quiet as far as the officials are concerned.
We need to be a lot more shoutie

And the one time we did it, we got fined.  Will they get fined for surrounding the ref after Matate kicked the ball away?  I bet not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 292
TownSNAFU5
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Need wins, gamble, go for it.  Use Lamy and Wright (when fit - well if).  2 big strikers, get it wide.  Cross. Use 4 or 5 subs.  At least give the opposition something different to not think about.

Hope for the best.  Clifton (when fit) in as he is limited but works hard.  

We are scaping the barrel but at least we have a barrel to scrape.

The number of straws left in the jar to clutch is rapidly reducing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 292
pontoonlew
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from immariner
What the intercourse are players like Danny Rose playing at? Won promotion out this league last year and can't displace two kids who have done next to nowt since arriving on loan. Forgive me for directing my ire towards a player that hasn't played but it's just indicative of the absolute omnishambles that we are.

Of all people, how have you picked Rose to dig at, who has been very good lately?

Look at the man not playing him, who put 2 left backs on the pitch when we looked to be on top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 292
30 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.