Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Takeover (again)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 256 Guests

The Takeover (again)

This thread currently has 8,194 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
March 2, 2021, 12:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I didn't say that at all. I said that only a moron would use his own money to buy a business that will never make a profit for them.

Banks are only too pleased to offer loans at huge annual interest rates to wealthy people like the Glazers to buy football clubs. Why wouldn't they. Easy profits for them.

I may have misunderstood your outburst about morons and cash but you definitely did say 'and is in this case' .So do you have inside information?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 57
DB
March 2, 2021, 12:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Oh and if you want detailed knowledge on Derby County and their financial matters can I point you to the excellent "Price of Football" podcast presented by Crystal Palace supporting comedian Kevin Day with University of Liverpool football finance expert & Brighton fan Kieran Maguire.

Derby County and their dubious financial issues are constantly the topic of discussion.

If you care to recall that this thread is about 'The Takeover etc.', ours. Derby County just happen to be the club the BBC wrote about appertaining their problems with their take over by Sheik Khaled. This, to me, illustrated what might go wrong and I was merely mentioning the subject when you decided to have pop for no reason whatsoever.

So to ask you again do have inside information about the Derby take over or not.

PS. I have the slightest interest in Derby County and do not want detailed knowledge of them

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
GollyGTFC
March 2, 2021, 5:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from pen penfras

It can't be easy to get a leveraged buy out for a football club. With the exception of a few clubs, they don't make money. Why take the risk of loaning money to a business that doesn't make a profit. Especially when your money is low down the pecking order for getting it back from administrators if it goes mammaries up

Because the loan is secured against fixed assets. I.e. the clubs stadium and training ground.

Using the Derby County example. Pride Park is valued at £81m if you believe their current order or £49m if you believe the EFL.

It’s the same way that if you default on your mortgage then bank take control of your house.

If Derby’s perspective owner defaults on loan or interest repayments then the bank will take control of Pride Park.

It’s all very simple.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 57
GollyGTFC
March 2, 2021, 6:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from DB

If you care to recall that this thread is about 'The Takeover etc.', ours. Derby County just happen to be the club the BBC wrote about appertaining their problems with their take over by Sheik Khaled. This, to me, illustrated what might go wrong and I was merely mentioning the subject when you decided to have pop for no reason whatsoever.

So to ask you again do have inside information about the Derby take over or not.

PS. I have the slightest interest in Derby County and do not want detailed knowledge of them

The information is all out there in public. I even told you about a fantastic podcast that goes into football finance in forensic detail. Listen to that series and you’ll get a great insight into football finance.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 57
realist
March 2, 2021, 6:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Golly the football finance expert
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
GollyGTFC
March 2, 2021, 6:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from realist
Golly the football finance expert

I never said that you sad little person.

What I am an expert in is not posting about stuff that I know nothing about. Because it would make me look like a moron when that complete lack of even basic knowledge is exposed by a fellow forum user.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 57
DB
March 2, 2021, 7:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The information is all out there in public. I even told you about a fantastic podcast that goes into football finance in forensic detail. Listen to that series and you’ll get a great insight into football finance.

You didn't read what I said ' I have not the slightest interest in Derby County and do not want detailed knowledge of them'. How hard was that for you to understand. However what I am interested in is what you said 'Alternative funding could (and is in this case) be having finance'.

If you got this 'and is in this case' from your podcast then tell the BBC about it because they don't know. Or as I suggested to you do you know more about  Sheik Khaled and his finances than his trusted advisers.
You seem to be trying to deflect my questions with statements of no interest to me and your wiggle room for straight answer is diminishing. So let me make it very clear once again:-

Do you have the actual facts that ' (and is in this case)' is a true statement of the financial affairs of Sheik Khaled.  Yes or NO?

Simple question one answer please?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
Northbank Mariner
March 2, 2021, 8:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from DB

You didn't read what I said ' I have not the slightest interest in Derby County and do not want detailed knowledge of them'. How hard was that for you to understand. However what I am interested in is what you said 'Alternative funding could (and is in this case) be having finance'.

If you got this 'and is in this case' from your podcast then tell the BBC about it because they don't know. Or as I suggested to you do you know more about  Sheik Khaled and his finances than his trusted advisers.
You seem to be trying to deflect my questions with statements of no interest to me and your wiggle room for straight answer is diminishing. So let me make it very clear once again:-

Do you have the actual facts that ' (and is in this case)' is a true statement of the financial affairs of Sheik Khaled.  Yes or NO?

DB, you're getting into another shitstorm here, I know how passionate you are about GTFC, Christ we've had our run ins, if I were you rather than get into arguements that are nothing to do with our great club, let sleeping dogs lie and get back on your positivity horse..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
ska face
March 2, 2021, 9:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from DB

Have a day off.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 57
DB
March 2, 2021, 10:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

DB, you're getting into another shitstorm here, I know how passionate you are about GTFC, Christ we've had our run ins, if I were you rather than get into arguements that are nothing to do with our great club, let sleeping dogs lie and get back on your positivity horse..

Thank you for your concern. I'm quite happy to let sleeping DOGS lie, just I don't like being popped at for no reason. Here's to tonight and a victory

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Takeover (again)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.