Poojah
February 13, 2021, 9:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from golfer
Oscar Pistorius could play the part of Matt Green ( his legs have gone )

I’m not sure that works; Pistorius isn’t afraid to shoot.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
diehardmariner
February 15, 2021, 9:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539

Hmm....it's bloody amazing that Klopp didn't moan about his tired players when they were running away with the league. Ten points adrift of Man City and suddenly he's whining like Arsene Wenger.

Oh I don't disagree.  I think he's like most managers in that he's a lot more likeable when he's winning.  This season he's gone from quite a likeable happy-go-lucky type character to a stereotypical Premier League moaner.

He's burnt a lot of his players out, alebit in a change of circumstance, but hasn't adapted like everyone else has.  The tight schedule was there for all to see, players were dropping left, right and centre but he continued to flog his key players when he didn't need to.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
aldi_01
February 15, 2021, 9:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from diehardmariner

Oh I don't disagree.  I think he's like most managers in that he's a lot more likeable when he's winning.  This season he's gone from quite a likeable happy-go-lucky type character to a stereotypical Premier League moaner.

He's burnt a lot of his players out, alebit in a change of circumstance, but hasn't adapted like everyone else has.  The tight schedule was there for all to see, players were dropping left, right and centre but he continued to flog his key players when he didn't need to.

Thing is, the tight schedule is a ready made excuse. Instead of coming out and just being honest and saying they’re not sure how to address it and solve it, they use an excuse.

Playing centre midfielders at centre half and bringing in a player like Thiago who is literally the opposite of the style Liverpool had the last 2/3 seasons hasn’t helped.

As with any manager under pressure he’s now sounding like a moan bottom.

Anyways, back to Max, any news when he’ll be back fit?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
diehardmariner
February 15, 2021, 9:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Ready made maybe, how many people buy it is another matter.  I mean, it's not rocket science to figure out that rotation and less intensity is the solution is it?  

3 weeks I think I saw somewhere for Wright.  Hopefully he comes back ok as I think he's got something a little bit different to anything else we've got and could be key.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
RonMariner
February 15, 2021, 2:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,799
Gold Stars: 226
What about Morais?  He must be getting close to fitness by now, surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Max Injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.