2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 10, 2021, 1:27pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Just been reading the Tellywag and saw the photo taken before the game at Newport of all of our team in a huddle, every individual within 3 feet of the other 10.

[img]https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/article4983985.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/1_newporthuddle.jpg[/img]

With the regularity that games are being called off because of Covid, admittedly not ours fortunately, is it not in the best interests of everyone to still be sensible and maintain some sort of distancing. Yes I know they are being tested regularly now but that still doesnt mean they have to have a bit of a cuddle pre-match. I mean, we have done a brilliant job of socially distancing themselves during matches recently, as we have only had 1 goal where we could have had a bit of frivolity.

The EFL said that spitting was not allowed.......you see it in every game still.
The EFL brought in the drinks break halfway through each half............nowhere to be seen now.
The EFL suggested teams minimise contact during goal celebrations.................that never happens

As time is getting tight to fit all games in to the remains of the season, every option of keeping unnecessary contact to a minimum should be brought in to minimise the chance of transmission, with either individual bookings for those who flaunt it, or fines for a team who dont stop it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Norseman
February 10, 2021, 1:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 48
I think they have been told to try and contract covid so we cant fulfill any more fixtures
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Son of Cod
February 10, 2021, 1:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196

The EFL suggested teams minimise contact during goal celebrations.................that never happens

People criticise the club's lack of a progressive attitude and talk about how we're in the dark ages on here quite a lot, but I'm gonna have to stick up for the club here on this one and point out that we're ahead of the rest regarding this having cut out the middle man completely. No goals = no goal celebrations. Great work Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
February 10, 2021, 1:42pm
Guest User
Spitting is a real problem, creates aerosols which will carry the virus further.
Reply: 3 - 13
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 10, 2021, 2:46pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

People criticise the club's lack of a progressive attitude and talk about how we're in the dark ages on here quite a lot, but I'm gonna have to stick up for the club here on this one and point out that we're ahead of the rest regarding this having cut out the middle man completely. No goals = no goal celebrations. Great work Town.

Currently, we must be the best in all four divisions!!!!

As it happens so rarely these days, please dont forget the Stefan Payne equaliser. We must have still been celebrating it as we were nowhere to be seen in the next 60 seconds when we lost the game!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
DB
February 10, 2021, 2:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Prem player parties come to mind. Whats good for the prem players is errr ignored by all, except for the EFL and Town.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
mimma
February 10, 2021, 2:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Premier. League teams can afford to test their staff twice a week, we can't.

What makes me laugh is we make the opposition walk through the main stand onto the pitch, then players spend 45 minutes spitting on the pitch, rolling in it, and pushing and shoving each other. What's the point? Why not just let each team run out separately? Political correctness gone mad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Nelly GTFC
February 10, 2021, 3:37pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,752
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from mimma
Premier. League teams can afford to test their staff twice a week, we can't.
I seem to remember that twice weekly testing was started in January for League clubs, it's being paid for by the PFA, just found the link >> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55566238

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
Hagrid
February 10, 2021, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
They were introducing each other
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 10, 2021, 4:59pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
They were introducing each other

I can imagine the conversation

Waterfall : "Right lads......big day for us."

(long pause as he looks around the group)

"Who the fck are you lot?"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Covid and being sensible

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.