2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
February 10, 2021, 11:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
A one win kick start is all we need. This hell cannot go on indefinitely. One win is all we need to get the monkey off our back

This team is good enough to get us out of this. I truly believe that Hurst has brought the players in to sort this out.

Got to keep believing. So much left to play for.

Stay positive everyone
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
February 10, 2021, 11:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
We have seen it so many times over the years a team can not buy a win and they looked doomed.

A lucky bounce of the ball or given a dubious penalty and hey Presto they have won a game.

Confidence grows and before you know it they are winning on a regular basis and climbing the table.

Crisis what crisis ?  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
RonMariner
February 10, 2021, 12:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,799
Gold Stars: 226
Well if Stevenage can beat them, Tranmere are hardly world beaters.

So Saturday could be the start of the recovery. Let's hope so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
RonMariner
February 10, 2021, 12:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Mind you, having said that I have just seen the form table and they have won 5 of the last six games.

Still, we have to start beating teams no matter what form they are in. We don't have the luxury of waiting for 'easy' games, non of which we have won in ages anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
MarshMariner
February 10, 2021, 12:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
No Team is unbeatable in League 2, every game should be treated individually... easier said then done of course...

We just need a couple of results to get some momentum... however it is difficult to see that happening based on previous form... keep the faith or blind faith..

For me our season started last week, they looked capable and more of a Team then I have seen all season.. let's hope they build on it.. starting on Saturday...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
oochiad
February 10, 2021, 1:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
Previous form for us is not applicable as we have mostly a new squad, one win could see everything change and to be fair as awful as we have been, we’ve been fairly competitive in most games. The new squad looked a lot better against Newport. There’s still time left! 🤞🤞🤞UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
RichMariner
February 10, 2021, 3:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
I think there were many points during the 2009/10 season when we were far more adrift than we are right now — and we took it down to the last day.

Like others have said, you need to be blind to the league table and stop looking for teams to catch. All we can do is try and win our games.

You do sense that a win under Hurst could kick-start our survival, whereas a win under Holloway just felt like we were staving off a defeat for another week because we could all see the underlying problems.

Hopefully those underlying problems have been rectified, so when we do grab three points we're able to build on them.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
RonMariner
February 10, 2021, 3:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
I remember us being 5 points adrift at the bottom on the second tier when we played Barnsley on Easter Saturday. We we quickly 2-0 down, and all looked lost. But then the wonderful Joe Waters took the game by the scruff of the neck, scored an incredible individual goal and we won 3-2. We stayed up that season.

Does anyone else remember that game or am I hallucinating after too much cheese for lunch?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Boris Johnson
February 10, 2021, 3:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from RonMariner
I remember us being 5 points adrift at the bottom on the second tier when we played Barnsley on Easter Saturday. We we quickly 2-0 down, and all looked lost. But then the wonderful Joe Waters took the game by the scruff of the neck, scored an incredible individual goal and we won 3-2. We stayed up that season.

Does anyone else remember that game or am I hallucinating after too much cheese for lunch?

yep...lovely sunny day as I remember
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
RonMariner
February 10, 2021, 3:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Just checked. It was April 9th 1982.  

Interesting parallel, up until April 3rd we had won only 5 games all season. That was 30 games. We had won only one of our previous 22 games. Sound familiar?

With the win on April 3rd (3-0 v Palace: Kilmore, K Moore, Whymark) and the 3-2 v Barnsley (Whymark, K Moore, Waters) we gave ourselves a chance. We won 6 of our last 12 games and finished 17th (out of 22).

So despite my pessimism, escape is still possible. But do we have a Whymark, a Waters, a Kevin Moore or a Kilmore?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A one win kick start

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.