5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
February 13, 2021, 11:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
We can only progress from what the facilities are now. Both a new ground and stadium are important equally for different reasons and the same in attracting quality players in the future.

The training ground is easily the less cost and could be started while the final plans are prepared for the stadium. Both could be finished in a time scale of 2/3 years so we will have to wait until the consortium take over.

Mentioning the consortium has anybody seen any new tweets etc. from them ?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
GollyGTFC
February 13, 2021, 11:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
I would be surprised if the consortium don't have (even early stage) plans for a new training ground at an appropriate loaction somewhere down the A180 corridor.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 45
TownSNAFU5
February 13, 2021, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Getting rental money in at the stadium was mentioned above.

The days of securing lucrative long-term rental contracts are gone, or severely diminished.  

We have to look at other income-streams.  I am sure that the consortium have the skills and contacts to achieve this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
denni266
February 13, 2021, 11:38am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
I think that with these three , things will have been put in to action on all departments  starting with the playing staff . It does not take an idiot to know that the product on sale has to be good and  fit for pourpose to attract fans / customers , unlike the last idiot that only thought of saving and just getting through. we dont know how any thingis going to be financed , but you can prob bet that they wont need to get in to bed with the wrong type to get a few bob
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
malkamalka
February 13, 2021, 11:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
I hate to say this, but I'll say it anyway and dodge the red crosses.

Maybe we need to look at the L*nc*ln Plan?

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
KingstonMariner
February 13, 2021, 12:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from malkamalka
I hate to say this, but I'll say it anyway and dodge the red crosses.

Maybe we need to look at the L*nc*ln Plan?

Only someone with the mentality of a school child would give a red cross to a suggestion that we learn from successful clubs.

So I expect plenty of red crosses coming your way malka

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
aldi_01
February 13, 2021, 12:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Absolutely nothing wrong at looking at other clubs, especially those that are similar in stature to us and taking the good bits and creating a plan from that.

Lincoln were a million miles away behind us the year we got promoted yet but the end of that season they were in front of and they’d only just got promoted that season...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
GollyGTFC
February 13, 2021, 12:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Getting rental money in at the stadium was mentioned above.

The days of securing lucrative long-term rental contracts are gone, or severely diminished.  

We have to look at other income-streams.  I am sure that the consortium have the skills and contacts to achieve this.

Totally disagree.

Preston North End. They were planning to build their fourth and final new stand. The basic stand would have cost £6m of which they could get grants from the football foundation for £1m. So they would have had to find the other £5m.

If PNE had borrowed £5m at 4% over 25 years they would be repaying just over £26k a month or £315,000 a year.

But they built an NHS health centre into the stand. It raised the overall cost of the stand to £10m, meaning they needed to finance £9m instead.

£9m at 4% over 25 years is just over £47k a month or £566k a year. But the NHS health centre generated an initial rent of £368,200 per year.

So by building the health centre their repayments went from having to fund £315,000 a year (for 25 years) to having to fund £200,000 in year 1 and then reducing as rent inflation increased their income from the stand.

Inflation since 2008 has averaged around 2.5%, so the rent might well be in the region of £495,000 if it has matched inflation. i.e. they are now having to find just £71,000 a year to meet their mortgage when income is substracted. They are not far away from the Stand self funding itself and when it's all paid up in 2033 they will be making a tidy amount of rent from a fully paid for stand.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 45
DB
February 13, 2021, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Only someone with the mentality of a school child would give a red cross to a suggestion that we learn from successful clubs.

So I expect plenty of red crosses coming your way malka

Don't know how to tell you this but school children have brains that absorb information and enhance their knowledge. Unfortunately the others you mention totally lack anything between the top of their heads and soles of their feet.

They get their kicks out of red cross's which seems to enlarge their ego in the cavity left empty by the brain and fulfil their empty destiny in life.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
HertsGTFC
February 13, 2021, 2:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01
Absolutely nothing wrong at looking at other clubs, especially those that are similar in stature to us and taking the good bits and creating a plan from that.

Lincoln were a million miles away behind us the year we got promoted yet but the end of that season they were in front of and they’d only just got promoted that season...

Agree completely we should be looking at other clubs and where income generation and community programs are concerned other sports.

Kind of related but I think it’s barmy that the authorities don’t let lower league clubs have 5G pitches, no postponed games, can be used every day of the week by the community and other sports to generate income and surely has to be better for the passing game than a lot of the poor surfaces we see.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Big Reset

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.