3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
February 9, 2021, 9:36am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
We all love a tenuous GTFC link. Whether it's seeing Raheem Sterling score in the Champions League and pretending to have seen him play at BP for England under 9's, or somehow linking James Anderson's superb age-defying test form to Gary Montgomery's Lancashire arrival, there's something for everyone pretty much every day of the week.

Anyway, Paul Holsgrove's son plays for Celta Vigo: https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....s-like-yeah-im-going

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Heisenberg
February 9, 2021, 9:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
That IS tenuous, I have no recollection of him whatsoever!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
ex-merseymariner
February 9, 2021, 10:04am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Abdul19
We all love a tenuous GTFC link. Whether it's seeing Raheem Sterling score in the Champions League and pretending to have seen him play at BP for England under 9's, or somehow linking James Anderson's superb age-defying test form to Gary Montgomery's Lancashire arrival, there's something for everyone pretty much every day of the week.

Anyway, Paul Holsgrove's son plays for Celta Vigo: https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....s-like-yeah-im-going

I saw this yesterday, and thought..... too tenuous...

You could prob link do one per league club easily and most Scottish and non league clubs, but Spain?!? Robles, and I'anson, and I am done!!  

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 9, 2021, 10:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Wikipedia didn’t help. I had to Google pics of him and I’m still not convinced.

Turning to my scouting notebook from 97-98, it just says, ‘lanky, steady, neat, tidy, one-paced, has a Galician gait’.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
pizzzza
February 9, 2021, 10:29am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
We could probably do the six degrees of separation thing and have a tenuous link to anyone if we wanted.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
February 9, 2021, 11:01am
Brandy Drinker
My Dad once told me that I wasn’t allowed to share a 2 litre bottle of R.White’s with Neil Robinson’s son (also called Neil) due to the risk of AIDS transmission.

Those Government warning adverts really hit my Dad hard.

He’d be happy sharing his cricket box with the band of pre-cûm leaking, randy, second XI but clearly thought that ‘Neil Robinson’s son Neil’s’ saliva could spell the end for his first born.

You should see what precautions he takes during this pandemic.

Incidentally, Neil Robinson (snr) is credited with being England’s first openly vegan footballer (source: Wikipedia).

Neil Robinson (jnr) - now a musician - has a recent track that is available here to buy:

[url]https://sunsofgod.bandcamp.com/album/monkey[/url]

It’s called ‘Monkey’. Which ironically was the zoonotic source of HIV1 and HIV2. Despite my Dad’s ludicrous scare stories, it seems that sharing massive bottles of gassy soft drink didn’t spread HIV, but could spread Covid and could definitely cause premature molar cavities.

For those of you who are too tight to stump up the £1.50 on the link above, you can suck it and see here:

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Mfn1RlHC4[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 9, 2021, 11:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
My Dad once told me that I wasn’t allowed to share a 2 litre bottle of R.White’s with Neil Robinson’s son (also called Neil) due to the risk of AIDS transmission.

Those Government warning adverts really hit my Dad hard.

He’d be happy sharing his cricket box with the band of pre-cûm leaking, randy, second XI but clearly thought that ‘Neil Robinson’s son Neil’s’ saliva could spell the end for his first born.

You should see what precautions he takes during this pandemic.

Incidentally, Neil Robinson (snr) is credited with being England’s first openly vegan footballer (source: Wikipedia).

Neil Robinson’s (jnr) recent track is available here to buy:

[url]https://sunsofgod.bandcamp.com/album/monkey[/url]

It’s called ‘Monkey’. Which ironically was the zoonotic source of HIV1 and HIV2. Despite my Dad’s ludicrous scare stories, it seems that sharing massive bottles of gassy soft drink didn’t spread HIV, but could spread Covid and could definitely cause premature molar cavities.

For those of you who are too tight to stump up the £1.50 on the link above, you can suck it and see here:

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Mfn1RlHC4[/url]

KAFV continues to stake his claim to be the Karl Pilkington of The Fishy. I propose a book called something like 'The Assorted Musings of KAFV' and in it there will hopefully be an explanation of why he keeps a book of coaching notes and exactly what a 'Galician gait' is.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 9, 2021, 11:29am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
And please don't bother posting that a Galician gait is the entrance to a Galician garden.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
February 9, 2021, 11:41am
Brandy Drinker
And please don't bother posting that a Galician gait is the entrance to a Galician garden.

I must have thought that, by the way Holsgrove moved across Blundell Park, that he had the sort of reproductive apparatus that could produce progeny that would end up playing football in the Spanish region of Galicia.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
RichMariner
February 9, 2021, 11:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
I was told that Simon Francis — he who spent a short time on loan with us before he ended up in the Prem with Bournemouth — has a half-brother who is also called Simon Francis.

I have no idea how to verify this rumour, but I was told it by a Bradford fan who claimed to know his half brother.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tenuous GTFC links thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.