Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How are we feeling tonight/today?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 245 Guests

How are we feeling tonight/today?

This thread currently has 5,473 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
grimps
February 7, 2021, 6:56am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
As someone said on another thread we was lucky enough to be playing against ten men for nearly half of the game , we was made to look line it was us that had ten men .
That ball should have been pinged into their box at every opportunity and all we did was pass it sideways and backwards like we have done all season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
Madeleymariner
February 7, 2021, 7:28am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Despondant, already looking at possible local awaydays in the Bananarama next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 58
IlkleyMariner
February 7, 2021, 8:40am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Still a tough February. I would take 5 points
March will be decisive either way. I think we will pull clear of bottom 2
April is difference between 3 rd bottom or higher.
😀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
Masirah Mariner
February 7, 2021, 8:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +62
The first half yesterday gave me renewed optimism that we can finish outside the bottom two - all things considered.

Defeat against 10 men was hard to swallow, however it was a significantly changed team from only a week or so ago. The style and dynamic of play was different, although some familiar traits did return in the second half I think Hurst will weed some of that out. I’m hopeful we’ll see a reaction and determination over the coming weeks as the team gels. In addition, we have a couple of players to return from injury and hopefully some that will get up to match fitness quickly or find form again. The bench is looking stronger with options for Hurst to mix it up. I’m confident we’ve got enough between now and the end of the season following our first look at some of the January’s transfer dealings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
LondonMariner43
February 7, 2021, 9:02am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,977
Gold Stars: 64
There was a massive difference yesterday.  The challenge for the rest of the season is how quickly the team gels and gets up to fitness.  Hardly any of these players have been playing regular first team football so it was inevitable they would lose something in the second half.

The big change for me was that the players weren’t allowing themselves to be rushed and bullied off the ball.  We kept possession and won it back when we lost it.  

Up to the goal, Newport hadn’t had any chances.  We had more chances than in the last 5 games put together.

Hurst inherited a team that was rock bottom on confidence so his only option was to ship a load out and create a whole new team.  He has come up with a pretty decent one considering that if you are 23rd not many people want to join - they are desperate for football though and you could see the energy and drive.  

I despair at people who just say it’s the ‘same old’ etc when clearly it wasnt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
HertsGTFC
February 7, 2021, 9:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Despite some brief patches of improvement in the last 2 games I still think we’re the poorest team I’ve seen this season for numerous reasons.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
Nelly GTFC
February 7, 2021, 9:27am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,752
Gold Stars: 31
How are we feeling tonight? I'm impressed, most of those players have only been together for what, 6-days to gel. I'm quite positive and optimistic that they will only get better.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 7, 2021, 9:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,763
Gold Stars: 81
The only real positive for me is that really aren’t  any outstanding teams in this league so basically there is no one to fear playing. Newport are around the play offs but created nothing in open play and it was a team totally reliant on dead ball situations. Yes teams are well organised but going forward we will be as well but I feel we just lack a little pace down the middle up front so hoping Payne may help with this when fully fit. Whilst we need goals full stop we could really benefit from one of the midfielders contributing.

Personally feel we needed two wins against Stevenage and Southend to give us a realistic chance of avoiding the drop but a win and some confidence in the team can change matters very quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
denni266
February 7, 2021, 9:42am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from LondonMariner43
There was a massive difference yesterday.  The challenge for the rest of the season is how quickly the team gels and gets up to fitness.  Hardly any of these players have been playing regular first team football so it was inevitable they would lose something in the second half.

The big change for me was that the players weren’t allowing themselves to be rushed and bullied off the ball.  We kept possession and won it back when we lost it.  

Up to the goal, Newport hadn’t had any chances.  We had more chances than in the last 5 games put together.

Hurst inherited a team that was rock bottom on confidence so his only option was to ship a load out and create a whole new team.  He has come up with a pretty decent one considering that if you are 23rd not many people want to join - they are desperate for football though and you could see the energy and drive.  

I despair at people who just say it’s the ‘same old’ etc when clearly it wasnt

Sorry but it was the same old ..  why-  because we lost again  and cannot score in a brothel
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
vinno69
February 7, 2021, 9:57am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +57
I think the team is a lot stronger now, and reasonably optimistic we can turn it around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How are we feeling tonight/today?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.