Hagrid
February 6, 2021, 5:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Walked and got some fresh air.
Played well first 40, better team on a woeful pitch, red card changed it, newport sat in and left one up top, our error giving away a corner led to the goal for them, sometimes its luck the way the ball drops but its a goal given from our own mistake. After that we had all the possession, crossing wasnt the best, Payne had our best chance which keeper saved well but we gave newport what they needed which was a lead to then sit in on and ultimately they won it quite easily.

Feel like its a big chance blown with Barrow losing again and Stevenage drawing. Both win their games in hand the gaps will be 8 points. 9 if you include our GD. I just feel its too much, we dont score, and cant keep clean sheets

Adams looked bright and i thought the 2 CB’s had good games, maybe would have liked lennie on a bit earlier. Bunney was a little wayward in passing. But best not scapegoat him ( see match thread)

PH had improved us no doubt, but as a caller on RH said, when we conceed, we do not look like coming back, heads are down. I said last week i didnt feel we would stay up, and whilst performances are improved, results are what matters, and if you cant get a point at 10 man newport, get a point against Stevenage at home, not beat Southend, ultimately you dont deserve to stay up. I hope beyond dreams that we can turn it round but just cant see it. Very tough game against Tranmere next week too who are flying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Garth
February 6, 2021, 5:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Needed just a little bit of luck today, if we got one, we would have gone on to win that game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
Yoda
February 6, 2021, 6:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
You make your own luck we have a chance but i think we are gone.
Knob heads penny pinching has caught up with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
RonMariner
February 6, 2021, 6:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,799
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Hagrid
Walked and got some fresh air.
Played well first 40, better team on a woeful pitch, red card changed it, newport sat in and left one up top, our error giving away a corner led to the goal for them, sometimes its luck the way the ball drops but its a goal given from our own mistake. After that we had all the possession, crossing wasnt the best, Payne had our best chance which keeper saved well but we gave newport what they needed which was a lead to then sit in on and ultimately they won it quite easily.

Feel like its a big chance blown with Barrow losing again and Stevenage drawing. Both win their games in hand the gaps will be 8 points. 9 if you include our GD. I just feel its too much, we dont score, and cant keep clean sheets

Adams looked bright and i thought the 2 CB’s had good games, maybe would have liked lennie on a bit earlier. Bunney was a little wayward in passing. But best not scapegoat him ( see match thread)

PH had improved us no doubt, but as a caller on RH said, when we conceed, we do not look like coming back, heads are down. I said last week i didnt feel we would stay up, and whilst performances are improved, results are what matters, and if you cant get a point at 10 man newport, get a point against Stevenage at home, not beat Southend, ultimately you dont deserve to stay up. I hope beyond dreams that we can turn it round but just cant see it. Very tough game against Tranmere next week too who are flying.

Exactly my thoughts. We have too much to do in the remaining games. If you don't manage to beat an out of form team down to 10 men by half time, then who are you going to beat? Which 9 or 10 games are we going to win to stay up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
headingly_mariner
February 6, 2021, 6:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Gutting because we played well and deserved something from it.

Need to start getting results sooner rather than later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
fishcake63
February 6, 2021, 6:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
we will stop up who's to say 2 bang out of form teams in stevanage & barrow going to win games in hand , ok we lost but i'm more than optinistic this group will win games starting nxt saturday , thought first 45 today was damn good on a awfull pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
jaygy
February 6, 2021, 6:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Although this team look better than the one that ended 2020 I don't think it will take long for the dark clouds to envelop them and all positivity will be sapped. A couple of goals today would have been a massive boost for confidence, hurst has a massive job on his hands and I don't envy him one bit!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
ginnywings
February 6, 2021, 6:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RonMariner

Exactly my thoughts. We have too much to do in the remaining games. If you don't manage to beat an out of form team down to 10 men by half time, then who are you going to beat? Which 9 or 10 games are we going to win to stay up?

As I keep saying, we don't know how many games we need to win to survive, as long as we get 1 more point than 2 other teams.

After today, there are still 4 teams with 5 wins, same as this morning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
male private Nale
February 6, 2021, 6:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
Frustrating watching town these days , hurst has stamped his authority on the match day squad with only spokes surviving as a Holloway signing in the match day squad. It’s irrelevant though as the whole squad appears devoid of ideas in how to unlock a defence, score a goal or god forbid win a game.

I can allow Bunney the mistakes he made after lacking first team football , though he should have been hooked on the hour as he was clearly lacking any confidence after giving ball away which led to goal. Left wing in general was non existent , who was even on left ? The Ipswich lad ??? Adam on right started brightly but faded quickly and end product was poor.
The midfield was shocking once more , the game passed matete by and Clifton is huff and puff but can’t do a bloody thing with the ball other than at best an acute angle forward pass.
Forward line as immobile as I have seen it all season , Payne doesn’t do much and Hanson can win a few header but knock downs inevitably get gobbled up by defence.
All in all another nail in our coffin and the fixture list doesn’t look kind to us.

Up the flipping mariners  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
Bignic69
February 6, 2021, 6:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Barrow and Southend are as bad as we are, I can see the team 3rd from bottom being safe with 40-43 points. Loads of time left, we are starting to see improvements, 1 win and the whole mentality changes.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.