February 5, 2021, 9:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Hagrid

Well you told us Coke was signed sooo

We did sign Coke and submitted the paperwork. Then the FA rejected the registration because Hereford FC appear to be a basket case of a club.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 40
GollyGTFC
February 5, 2021, 9:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from forza ivano

is that your wish or summat you've been told Golly?

Fenty, Day & Chapman will all resign en-masse when the takeover is complete and Shutes, Stockwood & Pettit will obviously join the board at this point. Ian Fleming might last a bit longer depending on if/when the new owners appoint their own Chief Executive. But that might be immediate (Mark Palmer).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 40
promotion plaice
February 5, 2021, 10:42am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Another good read by Cod Almighty:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=7823

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
forza ivano
February 5, 2021, 3:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Fenty, Day & Chapman will all resign en-masse when the takeover is complete and Shutes, Stockwood & Pettit will obviously join the board at this point. Ian Fleming might last a bit longer depending on if/when the new owners appoint their own Chief Executive. But that might be immediate (Mark Palmer).

i would hope that's the case, but i wouldn't put my mortgage on it! I certainly don't think Palmer will become Chief Exec - he is southern based and has run his own business for many years. He is far more likely, imho, to be around ,perhapsuntil the end of the season, on a consultancy basis, whilst they assess things and see what and who they need.
I also think that we may not see many definite plans until our fate on the pitch is known..Relegation blows a largeish hole in our budget and they'd need to cut their cloth accordingly.

ps i've just got myself a bottle of my favourite Zinfandel which will opened the moment the takeover is confirmed!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
moosey_club
February 5, 2021, 4:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from promotion plaice

Another good read by Cod Almighty:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=7823

Interesting final point ....I would suppose that as the Trust often say.....if you want to get involved then come forward. I guess in the potential  absence of an actual alternative candidate stepping forward that the current representative keeps his seat.
I have no real axe to grind with the trust or how its ran as I am not a member,  but I guess plenty of people who stand shouting from the sidelines about every decision/involvement the trust have are members....without official challenge then nothing really the Trust can do is there?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
KingstonMariner
February 5, 2021, 4:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

Interesting final point ....I would suppose that as the Trust often say.....if you want to get involved then come forward. I guess in the potential  absence of an actual alternative candidate stepping forward that the current representative keeps his seat.
I have no real axe to grind with the trust or how its ran as I am not a member,  but I guess plenty of people who stand shouting from the sidelines about every decision/involvement the trust have are members....without official challenge then nothing really the Trust can do is there?

This is the thing. I would love there to be a contest and debate, but NO ONE wants to chuck their hat in the ring. It really needs someone based near GY to step forward. At least I’ve never heard anyone saying so. All we hear are complaints and reasons why people don’t want to get involved.

(I say based near GY because it really needs to be owned by people living in the community.)

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
moosey_club
February 5, 2021, 6:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

This is the thing. I would love there to be a contest and debate, but NO ONE wants to chuck their hat in the ring. It really needs someone based near GY to step forward. At least I’ve never heard anyone saying so. All we hear are complaints and reasons why people don’t want to get involved.

(I say based near GY because it really needs to be owned by people living in the community.)

The most often heared "complaint" being how the trust turned over the shares......but that went to vote of the membership,  it was the trust members that voted for it so should be no complaint really about the outcome.
If you want change you have to effect change.  

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
moosey_club
February 5, 2021, 6:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

i would hope that's the case, but i wouldn't put my mortgage on it! I certainly don't think Palmer will become Chief Exec - he is southern based and has run his own business for many years. He is far more likely, imho, to be around ,perhapsuntil the end of the season, on a consultancy basis, whilst they assess things and see what and who they need.
I also think that we may not see many definite plans until our fate on the pitch is known..Relegation blows a largeish hole in our budget and they'd need to cut their cloth accordingly.

ps i've just got myself a bottle of my favourite Zinfandel which will opened the moment the takeover is confirmed!!

Oooohhh classy......I myself have popped a 2020 vintage Cherry Lambrini in the cooler.........................

by cooler i mean left outside the back door.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
forza ivano
February 5, 2021, 7:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from moosey_club

Oooohhh classy......I myself have popped a 2020 vintage Cherry Lambrini in the cooler.........................

by cooler i mean left outside the back door.  

good to see you're obviously a New Man Moosey - not afraid to show their feminine side
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Shut Up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.