2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
January 30, 2021, 6:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Think we are all pretty low after that, at a time in life when we are not living.
Thats killed me today, hurt, felt broken, taken myself off alone down to cleethorpes and i thought this isnt right. Football shouldnt do this, shouldnt send you to feeling as low as it does. We as fans- of course some more than others- will be suffering right now with mental health, personal issues and town aint helping. so to help meself, as well as others, PM’s always open, i love a chat, only rule. No talking bout town.

Stay safe all
Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
January 30, 2021, 6:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
Yes, it does my head in.

It's almost as if events are calculated to cause maximum frustration. I mean, scoring an equalizer in the 93rd minute and then gifting the opponents a winner?

That is just mental torture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
January 30, 2021, 6:54pm
Guest User
So much emphasis goes on Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights because there’s nothing else. So when it comes collapsing down as it has done every week, it feels like the world has ended. Perspective is everything. There’s always hope. And 60 points to play for 🙂
Reply: 2 - 13
psgmariner
January 30, 2021, 6:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I think it’s got to the point where you just need to laugh. Objectively it’s hilarious.

It also helps if you spend the £10 ifollow money on backing us to lose. At least then you have some free money to spend on whatever floats your boat and You’ve not wasted 2 hours watching us lose.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
mariner83
January 30, 2021, 6:58pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
What makes it worse is there's not even anything else to do right now, weather is excrement, telly is excrement, watching/listening to the match is pretty much the only thing to do and well that's excrement too.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
promotion plaice
January 30, 2021, 7:02pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from mariner83
What makes it worse is there's not even anything else to do right now, weather is excrement, telly is excrement, watching/listening to the match is pretty much the only thing to do and well that's excrement too.

Sex, Booze & Rock 'N' Roll....so I've heard.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
davmariner
January 30, 2021, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
It is pretty upsetting seeing your team disintegrating to the level it has. For a lot of people football is a release and something to look forward to away from the day-to-day life.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
ginnywings
January 30, 2021, 7:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
It's not so much the being sh1te part, it goes with the territory of supporting a lower league club. It's the constant sh1teness, season after season after season that grinds you down. It's never ending.

I do tend to be less bothered by it now, because I think i have simply got used to the expected disappointment and just shrug my shoulders and go for a walk listening to an audiobook.

Stress comes about when situations are beyond your control and this is definitely in that category. I try not to let it bother me and it gets easier with time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
KingstonMariner
January 30, 2021, 7:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from promotion plaice

Sex, Booze & Rock 'N' Roll....so I've heard.

Not in this house! The last two yes, but Northbank Mariner and his tiny todger has put my missus off the first 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
KingstonMariner
January 30, 2021, 7:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I’m lucky. I decided to give it a miss. One of my daughters is inclined to stay indoors (in fact in her bedroom) all day so I persuaded her to walk down the high street with me and by the time we got back I’d missed most of the first half.

So it proves the point that it’s helpful to have someone who depends on you.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mental Health/GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.