lew chaterleys lover
January 30, 2021, 6:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
I would not keep him if we go down.

Macca would still be in goal for a start. They ought to get a room those two.

I have been very disappointed with him thus far. He knew from watching us that a major, major overhaul was needed and he should have made sure he had the funds to get quality players in before he took the job. Mansfield squad players, players from long term injuries weren't going to do it, nor were inexperienced players.

Of course I don't blame him for the terrible position he inherited, but he should have been all guns blazing from minute one.

It was obvious to all and sundry what we needed, and we should have paid well over the odds to get them.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
January 30, 2021, 6:43pm
Guest User
I don’t blame Hurst for recruitment. All the money in the world wouldn’t get players here. It’s bad enough when we’re a mid table team. The place stinks of failure.
Reply: 21 - 33
MuddyWaters
January 30, 2021, 6:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
I would not keep him if we go down.

Macca would still be in goal for a start. They ought to get a room those two.

I have been very disappointed with him thus far. He knew from watching us that a major, major overhaul was needed and he should have made sure he had the funds to get quality players in before he took the job. Mansfield squad players, players from long term injuries weren't going to do it, nor were inexperienced players.

Of course I don't blame him for the terrible position he inherited, but he should have been all guns blazing from minute one.

It was obvious to all and sundry what we needed, and we should have paid well over the odds to get them.

Players don’t want to come. Vernam doesn’t want to come back. Until the change comes off the pitch, not much will change on it.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
psgmariner
January 30, 2021, 6:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 140381
I don’t blame Hurst for recruitment. All the money in the world wouldn’t get players here. It’s bad enough when we’re a mid table team. The place stinks of failure.

So you don’t blame Holloway or slade either then?

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
January 30, 2021, 6:51pm
Guest User
I’m referring to our current position in the league. Jolley had exactly the same problem when he first arrived. Get in the basement relegation zone and no one will touch you with a barge pole.
Reply: 24 - 33
lew chaterleys lover
January 30, 2021, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Players don’t want to come. Vernam doesn’t want to come back. Until the change comes off the pitch, not much will change on it.

There is a relatively small pool of players that will sign for a league 2 team. None of them are Ronaldo, but some are good enough to do the job of keeping us up. Money is a big factor, plus maybe a decent length contract if they are deemed good enough.

These players don't earn fortunes,; a good pay day and they would come.

If he cannot attract who he wants ( he said when he joined he was keeping tabs on players from all over) then either he is at fault or the money isn't good enough. Rumour has it that we have re signed JLL which tells you all you need to know.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
Hagrid
January 30, 2021, 7:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Im biased and i’d keep him

He really cant be blamed for the errors today, and he’s been dealt the worst town side in memory
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
louth_in_the_south
January 30, 2021, 7:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Ffs I don’t know what all the panic is about. There won’t be any relegation this year .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
Roast Em Bobby
January 30, 2021, 7:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
For those who keep talking about a "sizeable war chest" - how much in your minds do you think this was 100K, 200K, 300K, more? And whatever that figure is that you think existed was that just for transfer fees or would it cover transfer fees and wages?

My guess would be that PH was told he had about £100K (at a push) to play with and that money had to cover fees and wages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
LocalLadGTFC
January 30, 2021, 7:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
The signings he's made have improved us, it's the players that were here already that are costing us.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If we go down do we keep Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.