2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
January 29, 2021, 2:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
I personally think that National League clubs will all continue this season. Because the terms being offered for government loans are amazing.

• Up to 20 years to repay the loan.
• An initial four-year holiday period.
• Only 2% interest rate.

That’s incredible support really and I’d imagine clubs will be scrambling to take advantage of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Jarmo.Is.God
January 29, 2021, 2:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Jesus, you're boring
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
ginnywings
January 29, 2021, 2:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
What can I post to wind people up?

I know...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
pen penfras
January 29, 2021, 3:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
I personally think that National League clubs will all continue this season. Because the terms being offered for government loans are amazing.

• Up to 20 years to repay the loan.
• An initial four-year holiday period.
• Only 2% interest rate.

That’s incredible support really and I’d imagine clubs will be scrambling to take advantage of that.

Or the alternative is to furlough everybody, cancel/frustrate contracts and not rack up more debt that the club's will be saddled with for the next 20 years. It's absolutely ridiculous that the NL made their clubs play without money in place. Just as ridiculous as the EFL did for their clubs. There's some weird misconception that the governing body are in charge, the governing body are there to represent the club's best interests, and both of them have failed massively by not having the funds in place when they said it's time to start playing without fans. There should have been a vote to decide whether to start, not just told to get on with it.

And the EFL is a worse situation, because the Premier League need the championship season to run otherwise half the teams have nothing to play for and it takes away viewing demand for the tv companies. They had a good negotiating position to get it resolved and let the clubs base their finances on a known situation.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
Marinerdeano
January 29, 2021, 3:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
How do you merge this thread into the existing one so that it gets drowned in everything that's already there?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
MarinerMal
January 29, 2021, 3:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +783
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from pen penfras

And the EFL is a worse situation, because the Premier League need the championship season to run otherwise half the teams have nothing to play for and it takes away viewing demand for the tv companies. They had a good negotiating position to get it resolved and let the clubs base their finances on a known situation.

I heard on the radio the other day that the increasing number of Americans being in charge of Premier League clubs is a concern as they would like to do with relegation altogether, apparently. No idea how much truth is in that but it does seem like a very 'American Sport' kind of thing.

As far as the PL needing the Championship to finish, I think it is more likely the Championship is more desperate to finish because of all the investment clubs throw at their teams in their desperate attempt to get in the Premier League.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
DB
January 29, 2021, 3:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
1/ It's not me
2/ I totally disagree

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Son of Cod
January 29, 2021, 3:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Marinerdeano
How do you merge this thread into the existing one so that it gets drowned in everything that's already there?!

You have to make an Omar Bogle thread first and then you are given the correct permissions to be able to merge threads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 29, 2021, 3:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from MarinerMal

I heard on the radio the other day that the increasing number of Americans being in charge of Premier League clubs is a concern as they would like to do with relegation altogether, apparently. No idea how much truth is in that but it does seem like a very 'American Sport' kind of thing.

As far as the PL needing the Championship to finish, I think it is more likely the Championship is more desperate to finish because of all the investment clubs throw at their teams in their desperate attempt to get in the Premier League.

This doesn't mean that there won't be promotion and relegation in the remaining divisions - they only give a flying f*ck about the Prem and want to guarantee their paydays. The rest of us can continue scrabbling around for pennies in the dirt like Dickensian pauper children.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
paul1717
January 29, 2021, 3:30pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +12
Quoted from DB
1/ It's not me
2/ I totally disagree

Nor me.........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League will continue this season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.