TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 28, 2021, 8:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Stadium

Fortunately it's not your decision to tell the footballers what to do.
Certainly agree with your first sentence-can you explain how that would work in practice??

Just reading through the thread, you seem very good at naysaying and asking questions but not so hot on providing solutions yourself.

So here's a direct one for you.

How would you stop the problem?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
Stadium
January 28, 2021, 9:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

Just reading through the thread, you seem very good at naysaying and asking questions but not so hot on providing solutions yourself.

So here's a direct one for you.

How would you stop the problem?

As I stated earlier in the thread,I agreed with LCL with action been taken against individuals.
However if you have an understanding of technology this is virtually unenforceable on social media channels.
Same question as I asked LCL,how would that work in practical terms?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
lew chaterleys lover
January 28, 2021, 9:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Pretty clear he wants to ignore this thread, not racism. You may be a hero in your own head because you’ve anonymously stated that racism is bad on a League 2 forum, but you’ve moved on to trying to create division by calling other people racist for no reason. You’re not the good guy.

You have hit the nail on the head there. There are too many posters on here who think similarly. We are just a few people having opinions on our local team's forum, but if you don't agree with them you are literally the devil incarnate.

I have twice on this thread alone, asked for the culprits to be tracked down, fined or imprisoned and publicly shamed. I am against racism you see, but my crime is not agreeing to the accepted line that footballers should continue taking the knee in a futile gesture which has had no effect as shown by the latest incident.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
louth_in_the_south
January 28, 2021, 9:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Oohh look at me I’m all Woke ....

Of course the absolute vast majority of the population are disgusted at this vile racism but unfortunately a little scrote from Sheffield who uses his pea sized brain to go on Twitter and say his piece is used in the media to make everyone feel ashamed . Ffs get a grip OP

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
psgmariner
January 28, 2021, 9:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 140067

You just want to ignore racism. Says so much about you. I hope your not associated with mib.

Course I don’t - just don’t want to log on to the fishy and read the same arguments being discussed over and over again. On other forums you can ignore threads. This means you don’t see them when you login and view the board. It’s a useful feature and would help me.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
lew chaterleys lover
January 28, 2021, 9:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from 140067

You just want to ignore racism. Says so much about you. I hope your not associated with mib.

What is mib?????
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
January 28, 2021, 9:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Oohh look at me I’m all Woke ....

Of course the absolute vast majority of the population are disgusted at this vile racism but unfortunately a little scrote from Sheffield who uses his pea sized brain to go on Twitter and say his piece is used in the media to make everyone feel ashamed . Ffs get a grip OP

Sorry if I upset you but thank you for your comments at least  you read the thread..
Reply: 36 - 41
LH
January 28, 2021, 9:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,574
Gold Stars: 174

What is mib?????

Men in Black
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
January 28, 2021, 9:50pm
Guest User
Quoted from psgmariner

Course I don’t - just don’t want to log on to the fishy and read the same arguments being discussed over and over again. On other forums you can ignore threads. This means you don’t see them when you login and view the board. It’s a useful feature and would help me.

My advice is don't comment if you don't like it. I really can't understand your argument, just ignore it, surely you are intelligent to do that.
Reply: 38 - 41
GrimRob
January 28, 2021, 11:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from psgmariner

Good idea, I have added it to the backlog.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Axel Tuanzebe and Anthony Martial

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.