2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
January 13, 2021, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
I don't know others think but the information on transfers, be it possible signings, loans or rumours is very poor. They seem to get their info from the radio or tv like we do.

James Findlater did give us a 'scoop' on the May story. However I have assumed that the Reach group of local newspapers spreads its wings far and wide with more journalists then Sky etc. I would have thought that their grapevine would be flowing with rumours etc. but it seem to be shrivelled up.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
January 13, 2021, 2:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Look,it doesn't matter how many threads you start, with different titles but with the same content, nobody is listening to your constant bloody moaning and negativity....we will be informed when we are informed, until then stop attempting to to have a go at every Tom, D!CK and Harry....please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
DB
January 13, 2021, 2:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Look,it doesn't matter how many threads you start, with different titles but with the same content, nobody is listening to your constant bloody moaning and negativity....we will be informed when we are informed, until then stop attempting to to have a go at every Tom, D!CK and Harry....please

Just don't being treat like a mushroom

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 13, 2021, 2:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from DB
I don't know others think but the information on transfers, be it possible signings, loans or rumours is very poor. They seem to get their info from the radio or tv like we do.

James Findlater did give us a 'scoop' on the May story. However I have assumed that the Reach group of local newspapers spreads its wings far and wide with more journalists then Sky etc. I would have thought that their grapevine would be flowing with rumours etc. but it seem to be shrivelled up.

Virtually all "news" comes from social media now. The only difference is that good journalists and editors check before they cut and paste.

What you are seeing now is a return to normal service as Hurst does not give away hints to people who might put them on Twitter or whatever.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
malkamalka
January 13, 2021, 2:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from DB

Have you read Sky's Transfer "Paper Talk" rumours? They are mostly rubbish. The majority are made up. They simply link a player with a club who may want to recruit in their position.

Most of the players linked with clubs are either outside of that club's budget, or people nobody has ever heard of.

I think that by NOT linking Town with every centre half and striker in the country, The GT is doing a good thing. It means when someone is signed, it will (hopefully) come as a nice surprise.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Incognito
January 13, 2021, 3:05pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +249
Just in case the last time you asked this didn't make sense, I'll mention it again. Under Hurst, you don't normally get many rumours, or hear of players signing until about 20/30 mins before it's going to be announced. There has been rumours of players, one from Arsenal, one from Spurs etc. Like Hurst said, he could have signed many players by now, but they wouldn't have been the right fit. They'll be announced when they're announced.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
DB
January 13, 2021, 3:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Just took the dog for a walk and thought about what you mean as negativity. ( Feed it on 'Winalot' which is what this team needs!)

You don't know me otherwise or your view would be the opposite, so lets look at my negativity about Grimsby Town, which after all this is what The Fishy is about.

Like a few on here I can remember watching Ron Rafferty play and SCORE. Do I know what passion, commitment is about. The cause of Town winning.

I've been through the HIGHS and lows and that is what a supporter is. Remember the HIGHS and try to forget the lows.

I ask about how the club can have an immediate improvement to avoid the drop.

I ask why are we not getting the information, we as supports deserve.

I praised James Findlater for his 'scoop' on Fenty and May, credit where credit is due.

At the moment we have Fenty waving his sale document, like Chamberlain did about hitler. A sale which as yet has NOT gone through so however much you like the idea( and I do not) the fact is Fenty still owns the club still calls the shots. I believe it goes like this 'my shares, my loans my way'. Realistic view not negative.

Chamberlain wanted patience and look what happened. I am patient and as I tap the keys it's day 13, with a "Sky" promise.

It's easy to post on here for positive approval, but the future of our ( not mine our yours) club is at stake. I do not have a 'Pop' at people unless they do me. As I said I saw Big Ron play and that thickens your skin up.

What you and every supporter should want is not the best but the very for Town. It's not what we do or say, or how we do it or say it, but the result that counts. A team back in the Championship which is where it was Fenty start.

Being feed on mushrooms while the points fade away is not a good feeling.

So if why the red crosses for being passionate, telling it what it's like without the frills. Take the blinkers and look at cold dawn of a new season in the Conference.

A quote from a great manager Bill Shankly "f you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing"

If this what being negative and moaning is all about. I personally do not think so.

PS

For medical reasons ( No the Doc wouldn't put me down) I was diverted down Cheapside at about 11.00am. 4/5 cars in the park and no headless chickens. Four thoughts came to :-

It's not their day off because that's Saturdays

They've done a runner (I hope)

They've been sacked

They handed their notice in because job expectation's were too high

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
HertsGTFC
January 13, 2021, 4:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB

Most news stories are regurgitated.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
MuddyWaters
January 13, 2021, 4:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DB

Just took the dog for a walk and thought about what you mean as negativity. ( Feed it on 'Winalot' which is what this team needs!)

You don't know me otherwise or your view would be the opposite, so lets look at my negativity about Grimsby Town, which after all this is what The Fishy is about.

Like a few on here I can remember watching Ron Rafferty play and SCORE. Do I know what passion, commitment is about. The cause of Town winning.

I've been through the HIGHS and lows and that is what a supporter is. Remember the HIGHS and try to forget the lows.

I praised James Findlater for his 'scoop' on Fenty and May, credit where credit is due.

At the moment we have Fenty waving his sale document, like Chamberlain did about hitler. A sale which as yet has NOT gone through so however much you like the idea( and I do not) the fact is Fenty still owns the club still calls the shots. I believe it goes like this 'my shares, my loans my way'. Realistic view not negative.

Chamberlain wanted patience and look what happened. I am patient and as I tap the keys it's day 13, with a "Sky" promise.

It's easy to post on here for positive approval, but the future of our ( not mine our yours) club is at stake. I do not have a 'Pop' at people unless they do me. As I said I saw Big Ron play and that thickens your skin up.

What you and every supporter should want is not the best but the very for Town. It's not what we do or say, or how we do it or say it, but the result that counts. A team back in the Championship which is where it was Fenty start.

So if why the red crosses for being passionate, telling it what it's like without the frills. Take the blinkers and look at cold dawn of a new season in the Conference.

A quote from a great manager Bill Shankly "f you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing"

If this what being negative and moaning is all about. I personally do not think so.

PS

For medical reasons ( No the Doc wouldn't put me down) I was diverted down Cheapside at about 11.00am. 4/5 cars in the park and no headless chickens. Four thoughts came to :-

They've been sacked

Actually Wednesday is their normal day off.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
LocalLadGTFC
January 13, 2021, 4:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from DB

PS

They've been sacked

It's also 4:14 - training would of finished training 4 hours ago and they'd of all been done with any personal training/gym work at least 2 hours ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Telegraph

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.