Nelly GTFC
January 11, 2021, 12:49pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,752
Gold Stars: 31
Promotion vids, all sorts here, the uploader must have taped the lot.

Click here >> https://www.youtube.com/user/jackgrimsby/videos

I remember by dad coming home with blisters after volunteering to clear the pitch at this game in January 1985 against Norwich City, I was 10.  I remember he said they all got free fish and chips for helping.

[youtube]aTJdqqss1xs[/youtube]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
January 11, 2021, 2:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Great. Just watched the 98 AWS Final. What a great team we had then. What brilliant football.

I think the moment Wayne Burnett's shot hit the back of the net was the best single moment I have ever experienced in a football ground.

Will we ever experience such a high again?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
moosey_club
January 11, 2021, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Been crying watching some of those videos ,  some tears of laughter at John Moore's commentary ......some tears of joy watching some of the beautiful goals.....but mainly tears of frustration at what is being served up now in comparison.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
RonMariner
January 11, 2021, 9:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Shows you what is possible if the club is well run though.

I am sure our new owners will want to take us back to something approaching those days.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Poojah
January 11, 2021, 9:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
It's also remarkable how recognisable the ground is after all those years. There can't be many grounds that have changed less since the early 80's than BP.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Swansea_Mariner
January 11, 2021, 9:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from RonMariner
Great. Just watched the 98 AWS Final. What a great team we had then. What brilliant football.

I think the moment Wayne Burnett's shot hit the back of the net was the best single moment I have ever experienced in a football ground.

Will we ever experience such a high again?

Totally agree with this Ron a golden goal is the most amazing way to win a cup, that's the best moment I've ever had at a match. Since then I must have watched that game at least a dozen times over the years, we were phenomenal that day totally dominating for long periods.

Although the match overall was nowhere near as good the moment Bogle hit his second against FGR was a close second to the Burnett goal. I was filming the fans chanting after his first and I had a complete melt down when he hit the second, listening to my mobile footage I sound like someone off his face crazy lol
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
moosey_club
January 11, 2021, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Quoted from Poojah
It's also remarkable how recognisable the ground is after all those years. There can't be many grounds that have changed less since the early 80's than BP.

1880's  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
TownSNAFU5
January 11, 2021, 9:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
1998, a cup final, first time at Wembley in 120 years, great atmosphere, sunshine, around 30,000 Town fans (plus some that have probably not got there yet on who went on very dodgy buses), good game, extra time, golden goal, great shot, instant victory ..............all in front of the massed Town fans.

A Tuesday, a couple days later, a critical league win away at Carlisle.  Such character and resilience.

Back 6 weeks later for a play-off win!  What do they say about buses?

Where did it all go wrong?  (Apologies to the late great George Best).  Did we have it too good?  Were we spoilt?   We are certainly not now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
exiledmeggie
January 12, 2021, 10:16am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -227
Gold Stars: 19
No highlights from the JF era then!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
RonMariner
January 12, 2021, 3:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Totally agree with this Ron a golden goal is the most amazing way to win a cup, that's the best moment I've ever had at a match. Since then I must have watched that game at least a dozen times over the years, we were phenomenal that day totally dominating for long periods.

Although the match overall was nowhere near as good the moment Bogle hit his second against FGR was a close second to the Burnett goal. I was filming the fans chanting after his first and I had a complete melt down when he hit the second, listening to my mobile footage I sound like someone off his face crazy lol

I've watched it a few times too, and yet I still cheer and feel great when it goes in!

Silly I know, but that moment still has the power to pump me up 20 odd years later.

And for me the Arnold third goal in 2016 is probably the next best high. That too was a game over moment.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Town videos here 1980s onwards

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.