4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Superdan147
January 10, 2021, 12:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Think we could do a lot worse than signing krystian Pearce and Abu Ogogo this week. Our team is seriously short of physicality and leaders and these two certainly tick these boxes. Both waterfall and pollock have struggled this season, and we have no real competition for these now that ohman isn’t around. Krystian Pearce is free having just finished a short term deal at Solihull, he was always impressed for Mansfield (whom he captained) and actually finished in the league two team of the year when they finished 4th 18 months ago. Just turned 31 so certainly got a few years in him yet.

As for Abu Ogogo, he’s just finished a short term loan spell at Dagenham (where he earnt good reviews), and was PH captain at Shrewsbury during that successful 18 months. Another who would add some physicality and leadership into central midfield which for me is the area where I genuinely feel we are most lacking. Hewitt, Clifton, rose, Williams have not done nearly enough.

Certainly think these two would improve us, along with the addition of habergham (he looked an instant improvement on Preston despite not playing for 2 1/2 years)  would give us a much better chance of survival. Of course I still think we need a striker (As well as a fit Hanson) and another embleton/benson kind of central midfielder is needed also. It’s a shame Jake Taylor turned us down because he is that type.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Superdan147
January 10, 2021, 1:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Pearce couldnt get a game at solihull.

Couldn’t get a game? He started 8 games since joining late October ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
davmariner
January 10, 2021, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Easier said than done on Ogogo. Did well for Dagenham and will likely have good offer in our League.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
Superdan147
January 10, 2021, 1:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from davmariner
Easier said than done on Ogogo. Did well for Dagenham and will likely have good offer in our League.

Won’t be easy signing any half decent player. Like I said, he was hursts captain for 18 months so hopefully that might be a pull.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
forza ivano
January 10, 2021, 2:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
wouldn't be surprised if he's chasing Ogogo hard, seems to tick the boxes
https://www.shropshirestar.com.....ury-town-ingredient/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
Withnail
January 10, 2021, 4:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
I think Danny North, Kristian Dennis, Matt, Podge, Wes Thomas and Cardwell would all be better than what we currently have up top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
Withnail
January 10, 2021, 4:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Amazing to think back to the calibre of striker we had not so long ago. Mendonca, Lester, Reddy, Birtles, Rees, Woods, Livvo, Drinkell, Wilkinson, Kabba, Allen, Nielsen...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
quebec38
January 10, 2021, 4:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
As you don’t have much to go off regarding Pearce, why do you think he would be any better than Luke Waterfall right now? The Luke Waterfall who is younger than Pearce, was rock solid for a couple of years at Lincoln in the NL and L2 and then earning a move to a L1 side.

Pearce’s career has been on the downward curve for the best part of a decade now.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
MuddyWaters
January 10, 2021, 4:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
I bet they call him Einstein.....get me coat 🧥🤣
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
louth_in_the_south
January 10, 2021, 5:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from quebec38
As you don’t have much to go off regarding Pearce, why do you think he would be any better than Luke Waterfall right now? The Luke Waterfall who is younger than Pearce, was rock solid for a couple of years at Lincoln in the NL and L2 and then earning a move to a L1 side.

Pearce’s career has been on the downward curve for the best part of a decade now.

Waterfall is utter garbage. Just a clogger . Looks like the kind of CB I watch in the Isthmian league

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Krystian Pearce/Abu Ogogo

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.