toontown
January 9, 2021, 8:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from GollyGTFC

There are now 20 Saturdays and 20 midweeks left until the regular National League season is scheduled to end on Sat 29th May. So that’s 40 match days and teams in the NL have between 26 and 34 matches left and that’s before the complication of 23 teams and teams getting bye weeks when they should have played Macclesfield.

There have only been 63 NL fixtures played since the start of December. That’s less than 6 rounds of fixtures in 6 weeks.

And things are getting worse.

There is realistically no chance that the NL will complete their season.

It’s very much the elephant in the room and needs addressing by the relevant football authorities.

If the EFL will only accept a fully complete NL season for promotion and relegation to take place they should tell the NL that ASAP so that the NL have the option of voiding their season and not wasting their time and money continuing the season.

Surely if the EFL can accept points per game for their own league they have to accept it for others. The real question is what is the minimum proportion of a season that has to be played for it to count. The prem suggested 67% or 75% as alternatives didn't they but didn't make a decision.

Presumably the NL has to get to the 67% stage at least to have a chance of being accepted you'd have thought. How far are they off that? Is it achievable before the euros? I know they could go on during the euros but I don't think uefa will allow that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
GrimRob
January 9, 2021, 8:36pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Yoda
i stand corrected but i think Clee Town have only played 8 games this season it has to stop.

They have indeed played 8 out of 38. The play-offs take about 3 weeks as well.

https://www.thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=276&season=18

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 44
GollyGTFC
January 9, 2021, 10:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from GrimRob

They have indeed played 8 out of 38. The play-offs take about 3 weeks as well.

https://www.thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=276&season=18

They don’t take 3 weeks. The season finishes on a Saturday. The one off Semi-Finals take place the following Tuesday and the Final is on the Saturday. They are done and dusted in 7 days.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 44
January 9, 2021, 10:14pm
Guest User
I can’t believe we’re clutching at these straws. But I hope you’re right.
Reply: 23 - 44
GollyGTFC
January 9, 2021, 10:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
I don’t think we’ll finish bottom 2 anyhow.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 44
thefish
January 9, 2021, 11:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I don’t think we’ll finish bottom 2 anyhow.

Did you miss the game today mate?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
RichMariner
January 9, 2021, 11:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,159
Gold Stars: 210
It's looking bleak on all fronts.

I'd rather the season continue and we stay up on merit. But can't deny that the season being declared null and void would also be welcome at this stage.

Sadly it's the Fenty regime that has put us in a position whereby we're hoping it's the latter option, because the first, for now at least, doesn't look good based on the decisions they made in the summer i.e. no pre-season, covid-clauses, shambolic recruitment strategy on the flimsy idea that other clubs may go bust and/or the season may not complete.

We've been sold down the river by one bloke who stands to walk away from this with a profit after nearly two decades of chronic underachievement (and that's putting it politely) and a gang of his mates who have put less into the club than the average fan on minimum wage.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
KingstonMariner
January 10, 2021, 12:39am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pontoonlew

Zero chance of the Euros being cancelled to allow the season to be extended yet again. We’ll walk right back into a fixture pile up for 21/22 instead.

Besides, imagine telling UEFA that we’re canceling the Euros so Dover can finish their season.

Has a sort of poetic Brexit ring to it 😉

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
KingstonMariner
January 10, 2021, 12:43am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings
In last weeks testing of 66 clubs and 3500 players and staff, there were 112 cases, which is about 3 per cent. The percentage in the population as a whole is 2 per cent. There were also 40 cases in the Premier league. I don't see how they can justify keeping going with those numbers.

I fear the real numbers are much higher. I heard today that the positive results at a lateral flow test centre averaged 5% this week.

Bear in mind this is for people who are asymptomatic and have not been referred by track and trace.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
GollyGTFC
January 10, 2021, 9:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from thefish

Did you miss the game today mate?

No, I just think Hurst will recruit well and get the best out of the players he chooses to keep and we will improve enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Northern Premier League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.