Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › For the record (relegation)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 242 Guests

For the record (relegation)

This thread currently has 3,928 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2021, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
I trust Paul Hurst to improve us, the second half was an improvement today, but if we do get relegated, this sits with the outgoing board including the bullshitter in chief. No one else.
Private Message
davmariner
January 2, 2021, 5:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Agreed

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
Boris Johnson
January 2, 2021, 5:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
No it doesn’t... half the season left. The side is excrement and
Yes Holloway is largely to blame.

Hurst needs to be ruthless... but if he hasn’t got the players lined up then that’s his fault
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
toontown
January 2, 2021, 5:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
ABSOFUCKINLUTELY. What complete tools c.unty and hollow-words are. C.untys endless penny pinching really catching up with us. You can see why puppet day was demanding the season be called off right from the start, their plan was to not need to actually have their football team play football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
RonMariner
January 2, 2021, 5:51pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
I wont blame Hurst if we do go down. This squad is abysmal. It's not going to be easy to recruit the number of quality new players we need in a few short weeks in January.

Whatever happens, we need a total clear out in the summer and start again.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
Poojah
January 2, 2021, 5:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Boris Johnson
No it doesn’t... half the season left. The side is excrement and
Yes Holloway is largely to blame.

Hurst needs to be ruthless... but if he hasn’t got the players lined up then that’s his fault

I’m increasingly of the opinion that this season will end as last season did. The combined impact of the new variant and Christmas is going to see cases explode over the next few weeks - I just don’t see it being viable to complete the season.

Whether that would mean completing this season in the summer and autumn or a return to the points per game model from last season I don’t know, but there’s definitely a potential scenario whereby we now only have a few games with which to save our league status.

I know that’s depressing on several levels, but regrettably I think January could well be a very depressing month.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
RonMariner
January 2, 2021, 6:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Poojah

I’m increasingly of the opinion that this season will end as last season did. The combined impact of the new variant and Christmas is going to see cases explode over the next few weeks - I just don’t see it being viable to complete the season.

Whether that would mean completing this season in the summer and autumn or a return to the points per game model from last season I don’t know, but there’s definitely a potential scenario whereby we now only have a few games with which to save our league status.

I know that’s depressing on several levels, but regrettably I think January could well be a very depressing month.

Yes I worry about that too. But I don't think they would call it on a PPG basis with only half the season gone. More likely the season would be null and void.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
FishOutOfWater
January 2, 2021, 6:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Has there been any further news about the EFL investigation in to us failing to fulfill our fixture responsibilities?

If they have their vindictive hat on again then we really could be screwed if we lose points...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 25
Swansea_Mariner
January 2, 2021, 6:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
I was actually encouraged when he said he could split the squad if he can't get some players out. Several players need transfer listing or paying up and if we can't get them out stick them in a shadow squad.

The worst culprits are our so called experienced pros, I have no idea what is up with Bennett, Williams or Rose but they seem well short of the required standard. They've all had decent careers and should be capable of performing much better than they are. Green is beyond shocking and Hanson can't get off the treatment table.

Here's a question, can you de-register a player so that they don't count against the cap number (not salary) if we can't transfer them or they refuse a pay off?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
Poojah
January 2, 2021, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from RonMariner

Yes I worry about that too. But I don't think they would call it on a PPG basis with only half the season gone. More likely the season would be null and void.  

My worry would be that if a decision has to be made after all clubs have played at least 23 matches - then you’d argue that the balance of fairness sits with extrapolating the current table based on PPG.

That’s the one approach that the EFL has a precedent for, and it worries me that would be the easiest route to take this time around.

With schools now looking like they may not return next week, it’s hard to see football continuing for too much longer after that, particularly in the test-less free for all that is League Two.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › For the record (relegation)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.