5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
fiveallive
January 2, 2021, 5:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
The problem is Gibson isn't the man either the guy is absolute garbage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
Fillipe Noche
January 2, 2021, 5:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from fiveallive
I thought Green did okay, he actually ran the channels but no one was in the box.

Green should of got a shot of granted but I thought he played okay.

Just wow to that

He must be a dream striker for defenders to play against. As weak as urine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 2, 2021, 5:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Just wow to that

He must be a dream striker for defenders to play against. As weak as urine

Five alive must be his agent no other explanation for ever wanting Green in the team. I expect to watch him at Lincoln United next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2021, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
If there’s one player that needs to be paid off, then he’s first on the list. Personally, would get rid of Rose and Williams too.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
Croxton
January 2, 2021, 5:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Complete mystery how he gets so many starts. If Gibson had learned sooner how to stay onside he might have kept his place but Ollie lost patience.
Green is the reflex action for managers under pressure. Trains well, clean living, experienced, cheery and avoids injury. His inclusion is a measure of how stunned the coaching staff were by Ollie's recruits. His main skills are to make one or two channel runs to win throws and corners, get noticed , then put on a show of just not quite getting there, thus not risking injury. No real passion for the team, only extending his career.
Can't remember one time he dropped his shoulder and drove hard into the box. A raw Gibson was twice the player today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
fiveallive
January 2, 2021, 5:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Five alive must be his agent no other explanation for ever wanting Green in the team. I expect to watch him at Lincoln United next season.

It's about opinions people can't have any on here, all I'm saying is Green did run the channel in the 1st half, but no one else was in box.

Green can't be blamed for Hewitt's poor clearence no one also told Hewitt he had time, and there shot deflected of Waterfall.

Bennett's crosses where garbage 1st half, Morais crosses and corners where awful, only Williams can cross a decent ball.

Tilley wasn't great either.

Teams attack Preston's side of the pitch which also lead to poor clearence by Hewitt.

Gibson is garbage, he can't finish always offside he should of knocked his header down to Morais.

I'm not saying Greet is fantastic I said in my opinion he did okay, he his coming to the end and Grimsby was his last big contract before he heads to non-league with Hanson.

There is problems all over not just Green.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
forza ivano
January 2, 2021, 5:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Croxton
Complete mystery how he gets so many starts. If Gibson had learned sooner how to stay onside he might have kept his place but Ollie lost patience.
Green is the reflex action for managers under pressure. Trains well, clean living, experienced, cheery and avoids injury. His inclusion is a measure of how stunned the coaching staff were by Ollie's recruits. His main skills are to make one or two channel runs to win throws and corners, get noticed , then put on a show of just not quite getting there, thus not risking injury. No real passion for the team, only extending his career.
Can't remember one time he dropped his shoulder and drove hard into the box. A raw Gibson was twice the player today.

i have a friend who was a pro for many years. there's a term he used, which i can't remember, to describe players like Green.They pretend that their busy, they make it look like they're doing things and trying hard, but it's illusory and their team mates know it's illusory
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
drbell
January 2, 2021, 5:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from fiveallive
The problem is Gibson isn't the man either the guy is absolute garbage.

Did you watch todays game? Gibson was the best player on the pitch second half. I'd love to see him with confidence, when a few goals have gone in for him.

Sadly agree about Green, worked harder the last 2 games but hasn't offered enough to stay, never mind start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
fiveallive
January 2, 2021, 5:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
I'm sorry I just don't rate Gibson at all the guy can't finish he might show effort but he isn't good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
drbell
January 2, 2021, 6:09pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from fiveallive
I'm sorry I just don't rate Gibson at all the guy can't finish he might show effort but he isn't good enough.

I agree the jury is out on whether he can keep improving and score a good number of goals when confident and then consistently, but he was excellent today. I agree he could have done better with the last shot of the game, plus I'd like to see the header again. But to have any confidence at all in this team, and given the supply, is impressive.

I find it so frustrating that people make up their mind so early on players and cannot see when they played well.
I challenge anyone who doesn't think Gibson might make it to watch the second half again, and note the contribution of Gibson each time he has the ball. As I say, whether he can continue to improve, and add goals, time will tell, but I'd be gutted if he isn't given time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Green

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.