Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst manager between the two PH spells?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 239 Guests

Who was the worst of managers between PH spells?
Bignot
Slade
Jolley
Holloway
  View Results 246 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Worst manager between the two PH spells?

This thread currently has 9,611 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
December 31, 2020, 9:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
As much as I think Holloway is a bull shitting all smoke and mirrors male masturbator there is no one to touch Coco Slade.
Absolutely fookin hopeless, the worst manager in my 50 years supposing Town

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
denni266
December 31, 2020, 9:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
slade for me followed by Runaway
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
codcheeky
December 31, 2020, 10:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Bignot’s last game, Blackpool away was such a great weekend that I forgive his madness and it pales compared to his successors ineptitude.  Jolley kept us up, most in here still had more faith in runaway than Slade a couple of weeks back.
Happy New Year to everyone and thanks for keeping me entertained with all your views this year
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
Nutsy
December 31, 2020, 10:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +157
Gold Stars: 5
Slade has to be up there for bringing in Nathan Clarke whilst releasing Shaun Pearson

Clarke was involved in the worst goal ever conceded where we had a free kick on the halfway line and he passed back to Mac with no pace and the forward nipped it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
toontown
December 31, 2020, 11:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Yeah Clarke was excrement. But easily worse was Kelly who was utter dogshit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
blundellpork
December 31, 2020, 11:22pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,665
Gold Stars: 32
Dixon was pretty hopeless too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
Swansea_Mariner
December 31, 2020, 11:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Woho panic buy Dixon has to be the worst panic buy ever, basically any left back who would have rocked up that week would have got a contract. Sladeball was dog shite bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
jamesgtfc
December 31, 2020, 11:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Woho panic buy Dixon has to be the worst panic buy ever, basically any left back who would have rocked up that week would have got a contract. Sladeball was dog shite bad.

The worst part of it all is that Slade also had Andrew Fox on trial that summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
RonMariner
January 1, 2021, 1:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Really tough decision, which shows haw terrible the recruitment has been.

I would rule out Big nuts as he did sign some decent players, albeit rather too many midfielders. He wasn't really given long to implement his plans. So who knows, maybe it might have worked out. I somehow doubt it, but yopu never know.

I rule out Jolley because he kept us up with largely the same squad that Slade built and which got us into the mess in the first place.  I thought we might kick on in his first full season, but sadly he couldn't keep the early momentum going.

Regarding Slade, he created a pretty dire side, but let's not forget that we were on the fringes of the play off zone  before he offloaded three of our best players, including our top scorer, in the January window. That contributed to our plummet. But as those players were supposedly high earners I have a snaking suspicion that his hand was forced in that regard by the board.  Could be wrong, but I there is enough doubt there for me to rule him out too.

So that leaves Hollow words. We currently have the worst squad in the country thanks to his signings. Most of our best players were already here when he arrived; Wright, Hendrie, Pollock, Waterfall, Hewitt, Clifton. Hanson too if fit.  So it's only really Moralis that stands out as a positive.  

So he gets my vote.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
Kris2
January 1, 2021, 3:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from toontown
Yeah Clarke was excrement. But easily worse was Kelly who was utter dogshit

Sam Kelly is probably the worst player I've witnessed at BP since Tommy Forecast. No idea how he got so many games at Port Vale because he didn't look like he wanted to be involved in the game at all. Didn't look like he wanted the ball and got rid of it as soon as possible, avoided making tackles. tried to vanish from the game and so on. Was obvious from his first appearance that he wasn't capable of being a professional footballer.

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst manager between the two PH spells?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.