12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 9:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
To those of you on the Paul Hurst thread that are already moaning that Hurst is coming back. Please stop and think for a moment, what the hell are you doing.

Stop and think about the board mandate for consortium to agree a deal that gives John what he’s asked for, to agree terms, and then for them to participate in the urgent and timely appointment of a new manager.

If this is quite clearly what has happened, then approximately 30% of you are already taking issue with and moaning about the decision of the consortium in respect of their manager, even before the ink is set on the share sale agreement. Incidentally, the choice of managers being the singlemost criticism fans have had of John Fenty over the years. The primary key in unlocking success or failure during his tenure. Please stop it now, as the consortium won’t stand for it and might easily not complete on the sale if they already feel the heat of your angst.

To those of you that are on that thread, happy with the appointment of Paul Hurst. Are you happy that this is a consortium appointment? Because if it isn’t, then it’s a John Fenty appointment. Which it is anyway when you think about it, as he holds the purse strings presently. Do you really think John would appoint a manager mid sale, that he wouldn’t be happy with should the sale fall over before completion? No he wouldn’t. So essentially 70% of you are backing a John Fenty decision, made under his stewardship.

So is there a moral to this story. Clearly there is and as you read this, you will realise that you sit in one of the two camps above. And you really can’t have it both ways. What is abundantly clear is that no matter who owns the club, they will never be clear of the continuous scrutiny, criticism and vitriol that has long since been a pandemic amongst those that support Grimsby Town Football Club. In summary, to me we have a problem, a disease like condition that can be summed up and described in one word.... “GRIMSBY”.

Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
December 30, 2020, 9:35am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

How do you feel about the takeover Fillipe Noche ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 114
Green27
December 30, 2020, 9:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Is this your “Shut up” moment?

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 9:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

How do you feel about the takeover Fillipe Noche ?

Are you referring to the takeover or to the appointment of Paul Hurst?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 114
Henryscat
December 30, 2020, 9:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Hello Mr (k)night.

Thought you had left with your tail between your legs.

I’m pretty sure Mr Hurst would not be coming unless he was sure it wasn’t under Mr Fenty’s tenure. A strength and conditioning coach doesn’t get you 3 points on a Saturday remember.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 114
promotion plaice
December 30, 2020, 9:39am

Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Are you referring to the takeover or to the appointment of Paul Hurst?

The takeover.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 114
Jarmo.Is.God
December 30, 2020, 9:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
To those of you on the Paul Hurst thread that are already moaning that Hurst is coming back. Please stop and think for a moment, what the hell are you doing.

Stop and think about the board mandate for consortium to agree a deal that gives John what he’s asked for, to agree terms, and then for them to participate in the urgent and timely appointment of a new manager.

If this is quite clearly what has happened, then approximately 30% of you are already taking issue with and moaning about the decision of the consortium in respect of their manager, even before the ink is set on the share sale agreement. Incidentally, the choice of managers being the singlemost criticism fans have had of John Fenty over the years. The primary key in unlocking success or failure during his tenure. Please stop it now, as the consortium won’t stand for it and might easily not complete on the sale if they already feel the heat of your angst.

To those of you that are on that thread, happy with the appointment of Paul Hurst. Are you happy that this is a consortium appointment? Because if it isn’t, then it’s a John Fenty appointment. Which it is anyway when you think about it, as he holds the purse strings presently. Do you really think John would appoint a manager mid sale, that he wouldn’t be happy with should the sale fall over before completion? No he wouldn’t. So essentially 70% of you are backing a John Fenty decision, made under his stewardship.

So is there a moral to this story. Clearly there is and as you read this, you will realise that you sit in one of the two camps above. And you really can’t have it both ways. What is abundantly clear is that no matter who owns the club, they will never be clear of the continuous scrutiny, criticism and vitriol that has long since been a pandemic amongst those that support Grimsby Town Football Club. In summary, to me we have a problem, a disease or condition that can be summed up and described in one word.... “GRIMSBY”.

i'm seriously becoming worried about you.

If you are here as a troll and for a giggle, carry on mate.

If you happen to be on the board and spitting your dummy out, please reach out for help, because the fact you've come on a FANS forum, under a weird name, is a major sign of problems to me....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 114
ska face
December 30, 2020, 9:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Your 24-hour stand in defence of Fenty on Monday had the desired effect, so do carry on...
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 114
Dan

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
I think you need some time away from your keyboard mate. Go out for a walk or something.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 114
denni266

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Get back to looking after johns lawns and lint rollering his snooker table .  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 114
BeijingMariner
December 30, 2020, 9:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Enoch Fli Pile. Thats an anagram of your made up name. I like it better.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 9:48am
Table Wine Drinker

The takeover.

As I said a day or so ago, I am very happy for it to happen with the caveats I’ve highlighted. Those caveats being that they support the club financially as well as what John Fenty has done.

I don’t want the club having to pay them monthly repayments of capital and interest on the loans, as I know the business model doesn’t make that viable. I don’t want them switching the loans to financial institutions, even if they underwrite those loans with their own security. I want to continue with benign loans of goodwill, where we continue to be no longer under the scrutiny of banks and financial institutions.

I don’t imagine for a moment that any new stadium or regeneration programme will be under the ownership of Grimsby Town Football Club. I’m confident that this will be their own external investments through other business vehicles. I’m comfortable with that given that as a club we will enjoy the use of these facilities. Comfortable that is, as long as the consortium continues to keep the football club remaining debt free with their financial support like John has.

So I’m fairly pragmatic and agreeable to it as long as it is what it needs to be.

Hope that answers your question thoroughly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 114
Swansea_Mariner
December 30, 2020, 9:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Obviously people  are going to have different opinions,  its part of the human condition for different people to think differently on the same subject. I understand those who have reservations about Hurst, but personally I think it's a good appointment, I would have preferred Alexander but Hurst is just fine.

On that point I'm glad you've stuck around, wouldn't it be boring if we all thought the same way!

As for this nonsense at the end about Town fans you will find an element of this up and down the country at all football clubs. GTFC does not suffer from this 'condition' as you call it, excessively worse than at any club I have experience of. Where I live in Swansea elements of the fans share those characteristics you point out, however in my experience the vast majority  of supporters at all clubs, support (both financially and emotionally) and are supportive at games by default. Sometimes that support conflicts with what owners or managers are doing and emotions do get the better of some people. It's far from a pandemic though which is a very melodramatic way to put it.

Most importantly we've got a fresh start UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 114
promotion plaice
December 30, 2020, 9:53am

As I said a day or so ago, I am very happy for it to happen with the caveats I’ve highlighted. Those caveats being that they support the club financially as well as what John Fenty has done.

I don’t want the club having to pay them monthly repayments of capital and interest on the loans, as I know the business model doesn’t make that viable. I don’t want them switching the loans to financial institutions, even if they underwrite those loans with their own security. I want to continue with benign loans of goodwill, where we continue to be no longer under the scrutiny of banks and financial institutions.

I don’t imagine for a moment that any new stadium or regeneration programme will be under the ownership of Grimsby Town Football Club. I’m confident that this will be their own external investments through other business vehicles. I’m comfortable with that given that as a club we will enjoy the use of these facilities. Comfortable that is, as long as the consortium continues to keep the football club remaining debt free with their financial support like John has.

So I’m fairly pragmatic and agreeable to it as long as it is what it needs to be.

Hope that answers your question thoroughly

Thanks for your reply.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 9:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Obviously people  are going to have different opinions,  its part of the human condition for different people to think differently on the same subject. I understand those who have reservations about Hurst, but personally I think it's a good appointment, I would have preferred Alexander but Hurst is just fine.

On that point I'm glad you've stuck around, wouldn't it be boring if we all thought the same way!

As for this nonsense at the end about Town fans you will find an element of this up and down the country at all football clubs. GTFC does not suffer from this 'condition' as you call it, excessively worse than at any club I have experience of. Where I live in Swansea elements of the fans share those characteristics you point out, however in my experience the vast majority  of supporters at all clubs, support (both financially and emotionally) and are supportive at games by default. Sometimes that support conflicts with what owners or managers are doing and emotions do get the better of some people. It's far from a pandemic though which is a very melodramatic way to put it.

Most importantly we've got a fresh start UTM

Whilst I understand the context of what you are saying, locally around here it’s gone further than that.

Elements of the football community have taken things much further than opinions. Their comments, actions and accusations have been vile, personal and highly offensive. They’ve gone above and beyond having an opinion on football and the running of a club. They really have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 9:57am
Table Wine Drinker

Thanks for your reply.

You are welcome
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 114
Henryscat
December 30, 2020, 10:02am
Fine Wine Drinker

Whilst I understand the context of what you are saying, locally around here it’s gone further than that.

Elements of the football community have taken things much further than opinions. Their comments, actions and accusations have been vile, personal and highly offensive. They’ve gone above and beyond having an opinion on football and the running of a club. They really have.

Hello again Mr (k)night,

Could you kindly point me to one of these vile, personal and highly offensive accusations because I’ve only seen facts presented.

Granted I don’t trawl the whole of the internet as I don’t have time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 10:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Isn’t it interesting that in the list of subjects/topics on this forum, that just below this one, we have one called “EXPECTATIONS”

Already people are setting their expectations and formulating essentially how success or failure for the consortium will be measured.

Doesn’t matter whether you are John Fenty, the Consortium or the Glaziers, the benchmarks are already being set.

30% of that audience are already working on the premise that decision 1 will be a failure. The appointment of Paul Hurst

Football hey.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 10:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat

Hello again Mr (k)night,

Could you kindly point me to one of these vile, personal and highly offensive accusations because I’ve only seen facts presented.

Granted I don’t trawl the whole of the internet as I don’t have time.

Mr Cat, I think you must be blind or blinkered at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 114
Hagrid
December 30, 2020, 10:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
I thought you left?

You are clearly connected to the club and the Fenty inner circle in some way so do tell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 114
Green27
December 30, 2020, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12

So is there a moral to this story. Clearly there is and as you read this, you will realise that you sit in one of the two camps above. And you really can’t have it both ways. What is abundantly clear is that no matter who owns the club, they will never be clear of the continuous scrutiny, criticism and vitriol that has long since been a pandemic amongst those that support Grimsby Town Football Club. In summary, to me we have a problem, a disease or condition that can be summed up and described in one word.... “GRIMSBY”.

You have crossed a line here and it is completely unacceptable for you to imply that the fan base is some form of disease. I will make Phillip Day aware of this account as it is certainly masquerading as a moniker for him and I doubt he would find your accusations acceptable either in his name or not. Given the out going board's portence for legal action I would ask you to consider deleting your comments or no longer continue using this account.

This fan base as a whole is one of the most passionate, intelligent and patient in English Football, the inability of our out going board to harness that energy is another of their considerable failings. No other club in the last 5 years have been given a quarter of a million to support it on top of the usual income the fans input in to the club. The club's survival on fans income is one of the highest in the whole football league as a percentage. No other fan basis has been as patient with ongoing incompetence, failure and contempt shown to it then our own. It's incredible it has taken this long for fans to even speak about participating in a boycott of the inadequate individuals at the top.

I sincerely hope you are not a part of the out going board but the contempt in which you hold the fan base is very indicative of their behaviour over the last decade.

I am very much looking forward to seeing fewer trolls like you in our new era for the club.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 114
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
December 30, 2020, 10:11am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Message for Phil Nosher: Whether you are a troll, a stooge or actually a member of a soon-to-depart cabal, you really do come across as the most preposterous poster this forum has ever had. And that, take my word for it, is really saying something!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 114
Henryscat
December 30, 2020, 10:12am
Fine Wine Drinker

Mr Cat, I think you must be blind or blinkered at least.

Neither, I just really haven’t seen anyone in the “football community” as you put it state anything other than fact.

Like I said I don’t have time to explore every avenue and I politely asked you for an example. I’m sure a man in IT knows how to copy and paste a link.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 10:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
I thought you left?

You are clearly connected to the club and the Fenty inner circle in some way so do tell

No I’m not. I promise you I am not.

Choose to accept that or not, doesn’t really matter.

Maybe the question should really be, why do people find it so hard to understand that there are people out there that won’t or don’t see things the same way as they do. Are you all that confident in your own opinions and beliefs that you find it impossible to accept that others think differently?

Some, most possibly, will be sat there now thinking, that you hate or disagree with what Noche has said over the last few days. Because you want on-field success for your football club. But inside, it will also be killing you every time I make a point, no matter how small that point is, that you actually agree with. You couldn’t possibly concede that though, because it just wouldn’t be right for you and how you feel and what ambitions you have for your club.

For my part I’ll happily concede any valid points that counter my opinion. As I’ve said from the start, I’m not against the takeover

Be nice and play nicely. It makes a big difference to the world you know
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 10:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Green27

You have crossed a line here and it is completely unacceptable for you to imply that the fan base is some form of disease. I will make Phillip Day aware of this account as it is certainly masquerading as a moniker for him and I doubt he would find your accusations acceptable either in his name or not. Given the out going board's portence for legal action I would ask you to consider deleting your comments or no longer continue using this account.

This fan base as a whole is one of the most passionate, intelligent and patient in English Football, the inability of our out going board to harness that energy is another of their considerable failings. No other club in the last 5 years have been given a quarter of a million to support it on top of the usual income the fans input in to the club. The club's survival on fans income is one of the highest in the whole football league as a percentage. No other fan basis has been as patient with ongoing incompetence, failure and contempt shown to it then our own. It's incredible it has taken this long for fans to even speak about participating in a boycott of the inadequate individuals at the top.

I sincerely hope you are not a part of the out going board but the contempt in which you hold the fan base is very indicative of their behaviour over the last decade.

I am very much looking forward to seeing fewer trolls like you in our new era for the club.

I haven’t crossed any line at all. It’s my opinion.

Do your worst. Go and complain to the Chairman.

How ironic is it now that someone from this hive of anti GTFC board members, that someone now wishes to complain to the chairman that is valued so low on this website. You really couldn’t make this up.

Oh well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 10:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Message for Phil Nosher: Whether you are a troll, a stooge or actually a member of a soon-to-depart cabal, you really do come across as the most preposterous poster this forum has ever had. And that, take my word for it, is really saying something!

I’m sorry that you don’t like that. But sadly I can’t change it. I’m a bit of a snob I guess in the written word. Be assured though, I mean no malice. Have a great day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 114
Bristol Mariner
December 30, 2020, 10:28am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
It’s a forum you bell end. 99% wanted rid of Fenty, 30% or whatever you are saying don’t want PH. I’d hazard a guess 99% of people don’t want you on here after the week or so you’ve crawled from beneath your reclining chair and foot stall at Blundell Park.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 114
Swansea_Mariner
December 30, 2020, 10:29am
Whiskey Drinker

Yes unfortunately some of that has happened, some of the stuff people post on Twitter specifically is very unsavory. Pictures of JFs house etc. I don't like to see the word cancer banded about, which to be fair to a lot of posters on here call out very quickly.

You seem to have the posting 'bug' now anyway seeing as you are back today. Stick around longer, you will see this can be a decent place to chat with other fans, just have a look at the Ollie collection thread and you will see this place does things which do reflect positively on the fanbase.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 10:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
It’s a forum you bell end. 99% wanted rid of Fenty, 30% or whatever you are saying don’t want PH. I’d hazard a guess 99% of people don’t want you on here after the week or so you’ve crawled from beneath your reclining chair and foot stall at Blundell Park.

There it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 114
Poojah
December 30, 2020, 10:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
The consortium should and will be judged by the performance of their management of the club over time. If Paul Hurst is successful in his second stint at the club that will be reflected by the sentiment of the fans.

If he is unsuccessful (and we are relegated for example) that will also be reflected, though imagine most will correctly apportion most of that blame to the outgoing regime - we should not be finding ourselves in this position again.

Time will be the ultimate test, however the reason there is overwhelming support for the consortium at this time is based on a combination of their collective long-term reputations in business and that Fenty and the current board have sullied their own reputation through years of mismanagement, amateur communications (at best) and an association with a serially convicted criminal. If that wasn’t true, none of this would be happening.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 114
Marinerdan
December 30, 2020, 10:32am

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Stop. Collaborate and Listen.  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 114
grimps
December 30, 2020, 10:34am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Hurst wi be a steady pair of hands , he’s someone that knows the area snd the club well (Holloway never seemed to settle here snd was clearly home sick )
Hursts style of football is a little uninspiring but If backed I’m sure they’ll grind out a few results .
Let’s face it other than another up and coming non league manager I doubt many with his experience woukd be keen to come here now.

That said I’ve always been optimistic about every manager we’ve appointed , most Town fans hope snd pray we’re gonna get it right one day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 114
TownSNAFU5
December 30, 2020, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
FN, you are correct that fans regard the consistently poor appointment of managers as his worse fault.  Or maybe, decent managers could not operate effectively under his stewardship.

The outcome is very low league and league positions during his 16 year tenure in charge.  We are in a results business. The Club has been dying a slow death.

What has come to light very recently is perhaps more damning of the man and therefore the Club.  Penny-pinching to lose valuable assets such as Amond.  Going into business with Alex May, and with the option for him to "invest" £1Million in shares in GTFC.

The inescapable conclusion to draw is of a man looking after self-interest first.  No judgement, integrity or decency.
No wonder the Alex May debacle was kept quiet.  The ego has no limits.

It is natural that fans will look again at the plans for the non-building of a stadium - and Mr Fenty's choices. Was this also an opportunity for personal gain?    

As a general rule "All power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 114
December 30, 2020, 10:38am
Guest User
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Reply: 33 - 114
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
December 30, 2020, 10:41am

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15

Have a great day

There is only one ‘great Day’, our esteemed chairman Phil. You, Mr Noche, could never fill his shoes, and could only dream of emulating him, oh, wait, hang on though...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 10:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
FN, you are correct that fans regard the consistently poor appointment of managers as his worse fault.  Or maybe, decent managers could not operate effectively under his stewardship.

The outcome is very low league and league positions during his 16 year tenure in charge.  We are in a results business. The Club has been dying a slow death.

What has come to light very recently is perhaps more damning of the man and therefore the Club.  Penny-pinching to lose valuable assets such as Amond.  Going into business with Alex May, and with the option for him to "invest" £1Million in shares in GTFC.

The inescapable conclusion to draw is of a man looking after self-interest first.  No judgement, integrity or decency.
No wonder the Alex May debacle was kept quiet.  The ego has no limits.

It is natural that fans will look again at the plans for the non-building of a stadium - and Mr Fenty's choices. Was this also an opportunity for personal gain?    

As a general rule "All power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely".

You make some good points in that lot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 114
thefish
December 30, 2020, 10:42am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67

Yes, you are correct... we are a disease.

Therefore, my advice to you would be try supporting another club. I’ve heard there is another one 30 minutes down the A180 that’d have you, and what’s more, the fans there are a bundle of positive joy. Why, I could even introduce you to one of them... ‘Lincs Iron Man’ please could you take this man to your great fortress of fun and happiness?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 10:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 140067
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.

I do like a bit of Robbie Frost
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 114
Civvy at last
December 30, 2020, 10:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,206
Gold Stars: 131

I would not want Hurst back under JF and I very much doubt he would come back. But if JF gets him to come back with the promise of new ownership I’ll happily accept that. Pretty much every manager under Fenty has gone all negative within a short space of time (Ian Runaway included). Clearly the board have made this so. Under the new ownership, PH (hopefully) may well get what a club our size deserves. Thus a happier relationship all round. I’d rather have PH under a new regime than Alex Ferguson under Fenty. UTM

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 10:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

I would not want Hurst back under JF and I very much doubt he would come back. But if JF gets him to come back with the promise of new ownership I’ll happily accept that. Pretty much every manager under Fenty has gone all negative within a short space of time (Ian Runaway included). Clearly the board have made this so. Under the new ownership, PH (hopefully) may well get what a club our size deserves. Thus a happier relationship all round. I’d rather have PH under a new regime than Alex Ferguson under Fenty. UTM

Don’t forget though that he returns in a different world of football, where salary caps apply.

People should not be under any illusion that the consortium will be a bottomless pit to success. They and Hurst will have to operate the on-field operations within the salary cap rules.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 114
HertsGTFC
December 30, 2020, 10:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228

So is there a moral to this story. Clearly there is and as you read this, you will realise that you sit in one of the two camps above. And you really can’t have it both ways. What is abundantly clear is that no matter who owns the club, they will never be clear of the continuous scrutiny, criticism and vitriol that has long since been a pandemic amongst those that support Grimsby Town Football Club. In summary, to me we have a problem, a disease like condition that can be summed up and described in one word.... “GRIMSBY”.

To be fair I don't criticize John for all his managerial appointments but I do criticize him for the lack of backing they've all had and the restrictive contracts he's insisted on "negotiating" with player that have signed for the club.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 114
moosey_club
December 30, 2020, 10:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Back to your original......you assume the biggest gripe supporters have with JF is his appointment of managers.....
I can personally say that with potentially two standout exceptions there hasnt been massive uproar when he has appointed any of the 14/15/16 however many it is now. Giving Woods the job that was clearly beyond him based on his trial run and re-appointing Slade being the two stand out mistakes in my opinion and ones which were obviously queried at the times.

I would be surprised if most supporters arent more miffed with his.......
1.Lack of progress on a new ground
2.Constant penny pinching
3. Seeking adulation when things go right, blaming supporters when it goes wrong
4. Absolute refusal to accept he is wrong
5. Lack of investment
6.Treatment of previous investors
7. Contempt for supporters
8. Worst sustained period in our history
9. Taking us to non league
10. Taking years to get out
11. Not giving sufficient means to build on our promotion
12. The archaic administration systems
13. Forum embarrassment
14. Surrounding himself with yes men to protect his position
15. Cozying upto convicting fraudsters on the quiet
16. Attempting to silence this board, interrogating posters....

And on and on...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 10:52am
Table Wine Drinker
5 green ticks. Thank you.

I’m happy to see that some people identify with what I wrote in my original post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 10:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Back to your original......you assume the biggest gripe supporters have with JF is his appointment of managers.....
I can personally say that with potentially two standout exceptions there hasnt been massive uproar when he has appointed any of the 14/15/16 however many it is now. Giving Woods the job that was clearly beyond him based on his trial run and re-appointing Slade being the two stand out mistakes in my opinion and ones which were obviously queried at the times.

I would be surprised if most supporters arent more miffed with his.......
1.Lack of progress on a new ground
2.Constant penny pinching
3. Seeking adulation when things go right, blaming supporters when it goes wrong
4. Absolute refusal to accept he is wrong
5. Lack of investment
6.Treatment of previous investors
7. Contempt for supporters
8. Worst sustained period in our history
9. Taking us to non league
10. Taking years to get out
11. Not giving sufficient means to build on our promotion
12. The archaic administration systems
13. Forum embarrassment
14. Surrounding himself with yes men to protect his position
15. Cozying upto convicting fraudsters on the quiet
16. Attempting to silence this board, interrogating posters....

And on and on...

I’d come back to you on that by saying the gripes have always in the main been  after the event, not during the event. But they’ve been there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 11:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Yes unfortunately some of that has happened, some of the stuff people post on Twitter specifically is very unsavory. Pictures of JFs house etc. I don't like to see the word cancer banded about, which to be fair to a lot of posters on here call out very quickly.

You seem to have the posting 'bug' now anyway seeing as you are back today. Stick around longer, you will see this can be a decent place to chat with other fans, just have a look at the Ollie collection thread and you will see this place does things which do reflect positively on the fanbase.

Thank you Swansea, I might just do that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 114
GYinScuntland
December 30, 2020, 11:05am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Got you sussed fella.
You like to flounce out but then sashay in again with a big "It's mee.."
Atention seeking helmet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 11:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

To be fair I don't criticize John for all his managerial appointments but I do criticize him for the lack of backing they've all had and the restrictive contracts he's insisted on "negotiating" with player that have signed for the club.

Restrictive ?

Please explain ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 11:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Got you sussed fella.
You like to flounce out but then sashay in again with a big "It's mee.."
Atention seeking helmet.

Thanks Richie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 114
Civvy at last
December 30, 2020, 11:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,206
Gold Stars: 131

Don’t forget though that he returns in a different world of football, where salary caps apply.

People should not be under any illusion that the consortium will be a bottomless pit to success. They and Hurst will have to operate the on-field operations within the salary cap rules.

But he’ll be operating with a far more efficient back room staff and in a far les toxic environment. I don’t think the issues were with player budgets. More with other promises that failed to materialise. Better training facilities, more expertise in the non playing staff etc etc

I certainly don’t expect miracles. I’ll still be happy to finish 3rd from bottom or above. Then next season, with COVID hopefully under control, I would envisage a big increase in ST’s and some progress on and off the pitch. That’s a step in the right direction and something that hasn’t happened for a long time.

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 11:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

But he’ll be operating with a far more efficient back room staff and in a far les toxic environment. I don’t think the issues were with player budgets. More with other promises that failed to materialise. Better training facilities, more expertise in the non playing staff etc etc

I certainly don’t expect miracles. I’ll still be happy to finish 3rd from bottom or above. Then next season, with COVID hopefully under control, I would envisage a big increase in ST’s and some progress on and off the pitch. That’s a step in the right direction and something that hasn’t happened for a long time.

Absolutely matey. Fingers crossed 🤞 for all of that positivity
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 114
fishboyUTM
December 30, 2020, 11:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Incidentally, the choice of managers being the singlemost criticism fans have had of John Fenty over the years.

Nonsense!! You still don't see it do you??!!!

On paper I would have appointed Newell who had achieved miracles at Luton. Perhaps there was a reason why he had been out of work for so long despite that. I assume the board would have spoken to his previous employers and people within the game.

I would certainly have appointed Holloway, Hurst and Scott had a track record of promotion, Woodsy deserved a shot, Slade was never my cup of tea but had a track record.

It isn't the managers, it's the SUPPORT FROM THE BOARD of the managers. It seems assistant managers are optional extras at this club under the Fenty board. Forget fitness coaches, sports scientists, the right backroom staff! Still, you've got your top of the range second hand portacabin. Your board has treat legends like John Mcdermott with contempt, £350 a week you flipping Charlatans! Padraig Amond, 37 goals and you treat him like a twit! Charles Vernam, you'll know the finances involved to keep him, I suspect it wasn't a lot. I know money doesn't go on trees but you get rid of him by offering him a pittance and where does that leave you? We've signed a left winger called Edwards who isn't ours, isn't ready and by the time he's ready, he'll go back to his own club. Or maybe George Williams who won't be cheap? He doesn't seem interested in grafting and is on a downward spiral. We knew Charles Vernam!

You moan we haven't supported managers, YOU haven't supported them and word gets round to players what a excrement club we are. Our league positions under the Fenty era have been an absolute DISGRACE, a flipping SHAMBLES and and OUTRAGE yet you think you have some sort of defence? Jesus, you haven't a clue. How you haven't been dragged out of this town is beyond me and I am saddened that I haven't done more to rid our club of the lot of you. Getting RELEGATED TO THE flipping CONFERENCE!! Unthinkable, I can't believe it happened, after three warnings, Luton's 30 point deducition saved us yet we still changed nothing! And you illegitimates could send us down again this season! Shut your mouth, and intercourse off is the best advice I can give you!

You cut the wages of the office staff by 1/4! You flipping arseholes, they are real normal people with normal mortgages and normal bills to pay! Just clear your flipping desks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 114
Freemoash88
December 30, 2020, 11:24am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Actually I kind of admire the bloke he’s made a post and he’s actually replied with an educated opinion to everyone’s comments.

Troll or not atleasts he’s defending his corner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 114
moosey_club
December 30, 2020, 11:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226

I’d come back to you on that by saying the gripes have always in the main been  after the event, not during the event. But they’ve been there.

Extremely convincing and thorough counter argument there, I have almost changed my mind.

🤣

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 114
December 30, 2020, 11:30am
Guest User

I do like a bit of Robbie Frost

Ha ha at least you've got a sense of humour and a sense of sense. I do love a little plagiarism.
All the best for 2021, peace and safety
Reply: 53 - 114
Henryscat
December 30, 2020, 11:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat

Neither, I just really haven’t seen anyone in the “football community” as you put it state anything other than fact.

Like I said I don’t have time to explore every avenue and I politely asked you for an example. I’m sure a man in IT knows how to copy and paste a link.

Come on Phil it’s easy.

Even I can do it.

Look.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Know_What_You_Did_Last_Summer

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 11:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat

Come on Phil it’s easy.

Even I can do it.

Look.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Know_What_You_Did_Last_Summer

Please see above
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 114
jamesgtfc
December 30, 2020, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190

Please see above

Good Knight Phil.

Haven't you got some IT problems to solve?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 114
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 11:48am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Of do fuckoff you supercilioustosser.

It’s not worth arguing properly with you.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 114
Fillipe Noche
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Nonsense!! You still don't see it do you??!!!

On paper I would have appointed Newell who had achieved miracles at Luton. Perhaps there was a reason why he had been out of work for so long despite that. I assume the board would have spoken to his previous employers and people within the game.

I would certainly have appointed Holloway, Hurst and Scott had a track record of promotion, Woodsy deserved a shot, Slade was never my cup of tea but had a track record.

It isn't the managers, it's the SUPPORT FROM THE BOARD of the managers. It seems assistant managers are optional extras at this club under the Fenty board. Forget fitness coaches, sports scientists, the right backroom staff! Still, you've got your top of the range second hand portacabin. Your board has treat legends like John Mcdermott with contempt, £350 a week you flipping Charlatans! Padraig Amond, 37 goals and you treat him like a twit! Charles Vernam, you'll know the finances involved to keep him, I suspect it wasn't a lot. I know money doesn't go on trees but you get rid of him by offering him a pittance and where does that leave you? We've signed a left winger called Edwards who isn't ours, isn't ready and by the time he's ready, he'll go back to his own club. Or maybe George Williams who won't be cheap? He doesn't seem interested in grafting and is on a downward spiral. We knew Charles Vernam!

You moan we haven't supported managers, YOU haven't supported them and word gets round to players what a excrement club we are. Our league positions under the Fenty era have been an absolute DISGRACE, a flipping SHAMBLES and and OUTRAGE yet you think you have some sort of defence? Jesus, you haven't a clue. How you haven't been dragged out of this town is beyond me and I am saddened that I haven't done more to rid our club of the lot of you. Getting RELEGATED TO THE flipping CONFERENCE!! Unthinkable, I can't believe it happened, after three warnings, Luton's 30 point deducition saved us yet we still changed nothing! And you illegitimates could send us down again this season! Shut your mouth, and intercourse off is the best advice I can give you!

You cut the wages of the office staff by 1/4! You flipping arseholes, they are real normal people with normal mortgages and normal bills to pay! Just clear your flipping desks.

First of all, and just for clarity once again. I am not a board member of GTFC.

Secondly can you answer me this. From a players point of view, if GTFC is such a bad employer, then why do they sign for us or come on loan here? I’ll back this observation up with something tangible too.....

How many times in the first interview of a player when he signs do we Heward this... I know X, or I know a few of the lads. I spoke to them and they told me what a great club and what a great set up there is here.

Lost count of the amount of times Ive heard this said. It’s usually the first thing that stands out.

So and so knows so and so.

If it’s that bad then existing players would be warning people off, not trying to persuade them to join us. It would be .... don’t come here mate it’s rubbish and I’m away just as soon as I can.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 114
Henryscat
Fine Wine Drinker

Please see above

Sorry Phil I see none of your posts that answer my request for a link.

Maybe you’re having IT problems? I could recommend someone if you’d like.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 11:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat

Sorry Phil I see none of your posts that answer my request for a link.

Maybe you’re having IT problems? I could recommend someone if you’d like.

Then you need to read it all again as it’s there.

I don’t work in IT by the way either. I’m rubbish with IT.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 114
davmariner
December 30, 2020, 11:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79

First of all, and just for clarity once again. I am not a board member of GTFC.

Secondly can you answer me this. From a players point of view, if GTFC is such a bad employer, then why do they sign for us or come on loan here? I’ll back this observation up with something tangible too.....

How many times in the first interview of a player when he signs do we Heward this... I know X, or I know a few of the lads. I spoke to them and they told me what a great club and what a great set up there is here.

Lost count of the amount of times Ive heard this said. It’s usually the first thing that stands out.

So and so knows so and so.

If it’s that bad then existing players would be warning people off, not trying to persuade them to join us. It would be .... don’t come here mate it’s rubbish and I’m away just as soon as I can.

There’s a reason why we always end up with the dregs and miss out on our first choices.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 11:53am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

There it is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 114
Henryscat
December 30, 2020, 11:54am
Fine Wine Drinker

Then you need to read it all again as it’s there.

I don’t work in IT by the way either. I’m rubbish with IT.

Certainly no links I can see. Could you advise me which post?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 11:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

There’s a reason why we always end up with the dregs and miss out on our first choices.

That’s not entirely true is it. Although I do accept that it is at times difficult to get players to come and play and live near the East Coast. They tend to like to be near bigger cities and towns don’t they, and it’s a hell of a commute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 11:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat

Certainly no links I can see. Could you advise me which post?

Yes sure, the one where I reference the BANNING ORDER topic on this website and point out how vile and hurtful a lot of the stuff is on there.

I’m struggling to find anything thats fact on there. It’s a post designed to incite hate and hurt. Nothing less.

Big thumbs up to those in that topic that have pointed this out too. It’s dreadful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 114
Henryscat
December 30, 2020, 12:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Yes sure, the one where I reference the BANNING ORDER topic on this website and point out how vile and hurtful a lot of the stuff is on there.

I’m struggling to find anything that fact on there. It’s a post designed to incite hate and hurt. Nothing less.

Big thumbs up to those in that topic that have pointed this out too. It’s dreadful

To be honest that thread has passed me by but I can guess from the title it’s not particularly pleasant.

You did mention the wider “football community” also, care to elaborate?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 114
December 30, 2020, 12:03pm
Guest User

I’m struggling to find anything thats fact on there. It’s a post designed to incite hate and hurt. Nothing less.

I think a good few of us think it is Disgraceful.

Reply: 67 - 114
LondonMariner43
December 30, 2020, 12:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,977
Gold Stars: 64

I have no idea what this post means!?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 114
fishboyUTM
December 30, 2020, 12:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071

Standard football interview language. Up there with 'over the moon' and the new one 'can't wait to get started'.
They end up coming here as they generally aren't very good and can't get fixed up anywhere else.

Hopefully, this new board will come in and put an infrastructure in place which will enable us to succeed over medium to long term. This is or certainly was, a good club. A much bigger and better club than the Fenty era suggests. We have a good fan base and we get behind our players home and particularly away in huge numbers.

I accept you aren't on the board, apologies for my rant towards the end of my last post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 114
Ipswin
December 30, 2020, 12:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He beat you then? Unlike you to give up and leave things alone

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 12:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat

To be honest that thread has passed me by but I can guess from the title it’s not particularly pleasant.

Oh right Henry then I suggest you concede that there is vile and hurtful stuff out there then from people, and not just factual observations.

I have nothing further to elaborate on. It’s out there in various forms of media that our football community have contributed to.

Point made on my part, let’s move on shall we Henry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 114
Henryscat
December 30, 2020, 12:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat

Having read that thread now I can only see 2 posters from this forum who agree with it. My opinion on it (for what it’s worth) is that if Mr Fenty would like to watch a game of football at his home town club then he should be allowed.

I do, however, refer back to your original post which said “ Elements of the football community have taken things much further than opinions. Their comments, actions and accusations have been vile, personal and highly offensive.”

Whilst suggesting Mr Fenty should be banned from the club is a comment, it is neither an action nor an accusation. It is also the opinion of one (possibly 2) posters on a Grimsby Town forum and there are many calling them out on it.

I reiterate, I personally haven’t seen any accusations without facts from the wider “football community”.

It’s obvious we were on different sides regarding Mr Fenty’s tenure in charge of the club and we could end up going round in circles which, to be quite frank, is a waste of both of our times. Personally, I am glad he has chosen to sell for a myriad of reasons, and I look forward to what the future holds under the new regime which I am sure nearly 100% of the fan base are (possibly including John himself). Granted there will be reservations (and I fully understand why people will have them) but on paper the consortium look as though they will take us upwards as a club.

It’s been a pleasure talking to you Phillip (even if you might not be who I assumed you were) and here’s to a bright future both on and off the field for the club and us both in our personal endeavours.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 12:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

I didn’t beat anyone. I’m here just to make points or share my opinion, which I accept some people won’t accept
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 114
Henryscat
December 30, 2020, 12:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Oh right Henry then I suggest you concede that there is vile and hurtful stuff out there then from people, and not just factual observations.

I have nothing further to elaborate on. It’s out there in various forms of media that our football community have contributed to.

Point made on my part, let’s move on shall we Henry

Using your words, see above! Have a good new year

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 114
Squinter
December 30, 2020, 12:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Personally I'm glad you've come back Mr Knight.  Your posts see have certainly been more enteraining this Xmas than what the BBC have served up.

You have a great talent in managing to argue a point that I'm sure you know is wrong.  Maybe you should enter into politics, I know where there is a vacancy going 😉

In your many posts there does seem to be an undercurrent of sour grapes, are you and all other Fenty supporters worried that the new consortium will make such a sucess to embarress you further ?

One other question with a yes or no answer please.  Do you you think the last 16 years under JF's tenure have been a sucess ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 114
rancido
December 30, 2020, 12:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Green27

To this I would add the in excess of £500,000 given to the club by the fans in unclaimed ST refunds from last season and the unrefundable ST's from this season. Not "benign" or otherwise loans but donations to keep the club afloat.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 12:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from fishboyUTM

I accept you aren't on the board, apologies for my rant towards the end of my last post.

Your apology is accepted and appreciated. Thank you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 12:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squinter
Personally I'm glad you've come back Mr Knight.  Your posts see have certainly been more enteraining this Xmas than what the BBC have served up.

You have a great talent in managing to argue a point that I'm sure you know is wrong.  Maybe you should enter into politics, I know where there is a vacancy going 😉

In your many posts there does seem to be an undercurrent of sour grapes, are you and all other Fenty supporters worried that the new consortium will make such a sucess to embarress you further ?

One other question with a yes or no answer please.  Do you you think the last 16 years under JF's tenure have been a sucess ?

I’ll answer those questions for you willingly.

I want the consortium to make an overwhelming success of their tenure. I pray for it infact.

Sadly it’s impossible for me to answer your final question with a YES or NO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 114
Ipswin
December 30, 2020, 12:37pm
Vodka Drinker

I didn’t beat anyone. I’m here just to make points or share my opinion, which I accept some people won’t accept

Kingston is normally such an argumentative sodomist, unlike him not to take on a verbal diarrhea merchant like yourself

You even found it necessary to reply to my post FFS, give it a rest please, have you no one else you can share those opinions with?

Private Message
Reply: 79 - 114
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 30, 2020, 12:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Hi Phil I've had a read of your mostly incoherent rambling in defence of Mr. Fenty and his managerial appointments, and whether this latest appointment is his or not. Fans will always have differing views on new managerial appointments, Swin wasn't overly happy about the appointment of Mr Holloway for example. I feel I have to point out that the post and in particular the last paragraph actually sums up what angered fans about Mr Fentys tenure. Yes his managerial appointments have usually turned out to be poor, but it's not the biggest criticism of his reign, it's one of many. Perhaps the way he reigned is what finally dethroned him, and his attitude to the people that really make a club, the clubs raison d'etre if you will. It's no coincidence that the beginning of the end wasn't a managerial appointment, but a shady business relationship in which Mr Fenty involved the club and the treatment of the fans with disdain.

You see Phil you harp on about people not being able to accommodate the views of others which may be different to theirs and yet that is exactly the reason Mr Fenty, and hopefully yourself, are selling up and moving out. This excuse that is always peddled when an action taken by the club is greeted with fan disapproval. This insistence, seen in most of your posts, that the fans don't know what they're on about.

The fans are the football club, the pandemic that you speak of is John Fenty and the hangers on like you. Now the price is being paid and yet still you can't, no won't, see the truth.

THE FANS ARE GRIMSBY TOWN

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 114
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 12:50pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

True. He’s not worth the effort. He’s only here to sow disunity like some sort of Putinist troll. Just a pawn serving his master.

I’ll argue with you until the cows come home, even though I know it won’t make any impression.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 114
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 12:52pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Kingston is normally such an argumentative sodomist, unlike him not to take on a verbal diarrhea merchant like yourself

I’ll wear that as a badge of pride 👍

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 114
forza ivano
December 30, 2020, 12:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from LondonMariner43

I have no idea what this post means!?

Basically, it's all our fault (again)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 12:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

You even found it necessary to reply to my post FFS, give it a rest please, have you no one else you can share those opinions with?

I was merely being polite.

Good manners cost nothing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 114
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 12:57pm
Meths Drinker

Good manners also includes not deliberately sowing discord.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 114
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 30, 2020, 12:57pm
Snakebite drinker

True.

Bad manners cost a football club.

No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 114
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 12:59pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

Basically, it's all our fault (again)

Now wouldn’t that be a great chant when we are allowed to fill BP again, and have new owners and management in place, all working together and making progress.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 114
Squinter
December 30, 2020, 1:02pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9

I’ll answer those questions for you willingly.

I want the consortium to make an overwhelming success of their tenure. I pray for it infact.

Sadly it’s impossible for me to answer your final question with a YES or NO

Thank you for the reply.  

Can I ask why you can't answer yes or no ?  Just want your honest opinion.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 114
Fillipe Noche
December 30, 2020, 1:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Hi Phil I've had a read of your mostly incoherent rambling in defence of Mr. Fenty and his managerial appointments, and whether this latest appointment is his or not. Fans will always have differing views on new managerial appointments, Swin wasn't overly happy about the appointment of Mr Holloway for example. I feel I have to point out that the post and in particular the last paragraph actually sums up what angered fans about Mr Fentys tenure. Yes his managerial appointments have usually turned out to be poor, but it's not the biggest criticism of his reign, it's one of many. Perhaps the way he reigned is what finally dethroned him, and his attitude to the people that really make a club, the clubs raison d'etre if you will. It's no coincidence that the beginning of the end wasn't a managerial appointment, but a shady business relationship in which Mr Fenty involved the club and the treatment of the fans with disdain.

You see Phil you harp on about people not being able to accommodate the views of others which may be different to theirs and yet that is exactly the reason Mr Fenty, and hopefully yourself, are selling up and moving out. This excuse that is always peddled when an action taken by the club is greeted with fan disapproval. This insistence, seen in most of your posts, that the fans don't know what they're on about.

The fans are the football club, the pandemic that you speak of is John Fenty and the hangers on like you. Now the price is being paid and yet still you can't, no won't, see the truth.

THE FANS ARE GRIMSBY TOWN

I’ve made no such insistence.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 114
Ipswin
December 30, 2020, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker

Perhaps you can (politely) urine off for a day or two

Private Message
Reply: 90 - 114
Swansea_Mariner
December 30, 2020, 1:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Looking at the types of squad we've put together over the last 16/17 seasons it looks to me like we're generally an employer of last resort, which is why we've  become perennial strugglers at the foot of the football league.

Some decent loan players have been attracted mainly as an opportunity to get games but they go back to their parent club. See Townsend, Patterson, Benson, Embleton etc.

Some decent non league or lower league players have been attracted because it's an opportunity to step up. See Bogle, Pearson, Dembele etc.

But the vast majority of players we've had since we've dropped out of the championship have shuffled through this club in vast numbers leaving little impression. I bet if you trawled through these players very few will have gone on to amount to anything elsewhere, with most plummeting even further down into non league anonymity.

I wouldn't put much stock in the drivel these players come out with when they sign, their hardly likely to say well this was my only option if I wanted to stay in the league.

Clearly better players have options and we haven't offered either the facilities or the salaries to attract them.

Hopefully moving forwards we won't be run at bargin basement level and that can start to change. That doesn't mean we have to spend millions, look at how well clubs like Exter or Accrington are run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 114
Mayaman
December 30, 2020, 1:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74

True.

Bad manners cost a football club.

Bad Manners are an 80s Ska band and this is all Madness.  One thing I know is Grimsby Town Football Club is Specials - they even wear the same colours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 114
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 30, 2020, 2:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Mayaman

Bad Manners are an 80s Ska band and this is all Madness.  One thing I know is Grimsby Town Football Club is Specials - they even wear the same colours.

Baddabum tish let me guess, you're here all week.

Its a good job I didn't tell you I'm a bit of a fatty.  

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 114
MuddyWaters
December 30, 2020, 2:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236

Couldn't be bothered to read all your ramblings so I thought I'd just reply to your clickbait.

Every football club has a fan base with multiple opinions. What's important is that the current owner's only decent appointment is Paul Hurst, albeit he apponted Scott with him in the first place. What's also important is that Paul Hurst only left because the owner wouldn't pay for levels of coaching staff that were normal in League 2. What's also important is that the current owner has continued to penny pinch ever since because survival was all that matters.

So, what does it matter if some don't want PH - they are entitled to an opinion, aren't we all?
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 114
StaffsMariner
December 30, 2020, 3:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
Would Paul Hurst come back to work under Fenty? I very much doubt that would happen.
If as has been stated, he approached the consortium then thats much more likely so why would the OP think that this is in any way a Fenty appointment.

From the various threads that have appeared over the last few days you can see how many of the Fishy folk are jumping to the defence of Mr Fenty and wanting him to stay. For a variety of reasons he's not exactly popular now is he.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 114
December 30, 2020, 4:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

Perhaps you can (politely) urine off for a day or two

Oh dear, resorting to school boy insults. There is a toxic element amongst fans, some of who will never be happy whatever.
Peace and goodwill Ipswin stay safe in 2021.
Reply: 96 - 114
Ipswin
December 30, 2020, 4:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 140067

Oh dear, resorting to school boy insults. .

Only so that he (and you) can understand my message clearly

Private Message
Reply: 97 - 114
Simon
December 30, 2020, 4:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Love him or hate him the one thing about John Fenty he wasn't afraid of a bit of graft and would quite often get stuck in to jobs that needed doing in and around BP, will the new consortium be climbing the floodlights changing bulbs i very much doubt it

Let's hope the new owners bring success on the pitch because in all fairness thats all that's all thats been missing, if we had risen up the leagues would there have been the bitterness from both sides towards each other, i doubt it football is funny like that

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 114
ginnywings
December 30, 2020, 5:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Simon
Love him or hate him the one thing about John Fenty he wasn't afraid of a bit of graft and would quite often get stuck in to jobs that needed doing in and around BP, will the new consortium be climbing the floodlights changing bulbs i very much doubt it

Let's hope the new owners bring success on the pitch because in all fairness thats all that's all thats been missing, if we had risen up the leagues would there have been the bitterness from both sides towards each other, i doubt it football is funny like that

Don't even know where to begin with this guff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 114
Simon
December 30, 2020, 5:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Don't even know where to begin with this guff.

Don't get me wrong i'm pleased to see his time at an end and cant wait to hear from the three chaps coming what vision they have

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 114
forza ivano
December 30, 2020, 5:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Simon

Don't get me wrong i'm pleased to see his time at an end and cant wait to hear from the three chaps coming what vision they have

do hope they can reassure you in their first press conference as to which of them will be changing a lightbulb or repainting a door

where's ffs when you need him?
- is there a face palm icon anyone?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 114
Rodley Mariner
December 30, 2020, 5:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
You have to admit that the only thing missing from the club over the last 16 years has been any modicum of success on the pitch or any progress or development off it. Other than that it's been a flipping revelation.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 114
Grimsbynewhope
December 30, 2020, 5:18pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
Hi all new poster here, been watching Town since Bobby Kennedy was in charge ( getting in free after half time)
Been reading the Fishy for a while and some things never change, you can’t please everyone. Next year, all being well, we. Should have new owners and another manager. If it ends up being PH got to admit wasn’t he’s greatest fan but have to admit he’s been the best we’ve had in recent years. Maybe it’s time for a clean slate and just  get behind the team. Staying up will do for this season but things have to improve next year.
Happy New Year to all and UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 114
Simon
December 30, 2020, 5:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

do hope they can reassure you in their first press conference as to which of them will be changing a lightbulb or repainting a door

where's ffs when you need him?
- is there a face palm icon anyone?

I think it will be Pettit  

All joking aside exciting times ahead

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 114
MuddyWaters
December 30, 2020, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Simon

I suspect the new owners will use professional people to do a professional job rather than change light bulbs themselves.
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 114
HertsGTFC
December 30, 2020, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Simon

I take it you haven’t been to BP since the last millennium then?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 114
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 30, 2020, 5:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,763
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I take it you haven’t been to BP since the last millennium then?

Nor Cheapside where Fenty has been seen cutting the grass and pruning the leylandi all to save money. Some may see this as a positive but I take it as further examples of how he hates spending money on anything. A more recent example being putting the groundsman on furlough and look how that’s worked out!,

I recall Ollie stated last season that he would be speaking to “ Squeaky” about getting an improved playing surface and made reference to Fenty being tight. What did he get? The complete opposite and the only surprise being he didn’t use this as one of his many excuses for explaining our crap results.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 114
December 30, 2020, 5:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

Only so that he (and you) can understand my message clearly

Is that all you can muster. Poor poor D-
Reply: 108 - 114
ginnywings
December 30, 2020, 5:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Nor Cheapside where Fenty has been seen cutting the grass and pruning the leylandi all to save money. Some may see this as a positive but I take it as further examples of how he hates spending money on anything. A more recent example being putting the groundsman on furlough and look how that’s worked out!,

I recall Ollie stated last season that he would be speaking to “ Squeaky” about getting an improved playing surface and made reference to Fenty being tight. What did he get? The complete opposite and the only surprise being he didn’t use this as one of his many excuses for explaining our crap results.

I'd forgotten about the pitch. To not care for that is criminal, given that it would hardly break the bank.

Everything  we did (didnt) do was in the assumption that the season wouldn't start, plus the attraction to the cheap skates of it being the cheapest option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 114
lew chaterleys lover
December 30, 2020, 6:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Simon

Simon!!!!!

Unless this is a clever wind up, you are not being serious are you?

The trouble is, being a "mans man" climbing the floodlight pylons is not normally a recipe for "rising up the leagues."

It is great though, if you want to save every available penny and make the club look a laughing stock.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 114
hheh2
December 30, 2020, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Fillpe Noche are you Fenty in disguise!

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 114
Simon
December 30, 2020, 7:10pm
Snakebite drinker

Simon!!!!!

Unless this is a clever wind up, you are not being serious are you?

The trouble is, being a "mans man" climbing the floodlight pylons is not normally a recipe for "rising up the leagues."

It is great though, if you want to save every available penny and make the club look a laughing stock.

Never been any good at fishing me, find it hard to get bites  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 114
gtfc98
December 30, 2020, 7:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68

Philip, please crawl back up into the safety of John's rectum. It's warm and safe up there. There's a good puppet.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 114
Nelly GTFC
December 31, 2020, 5:10pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,752
Gold Stars: 31

[tweet]1344376487462449154[/tweet]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 114
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stop - Think

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.