2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
December 30, 2020, 9:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think the consortium will have a plan, which would be a first and I think they’ll also control expectations.

They don’t stoke me as folk to make daft statements about where we will be in 5 years without actually supporting those statements.

There will be changes and I’d expect a rebrand. People might not like this but it’s what is needed if GTFC is acruslly going to survive twenty years. The outgoing regime saw zero need for investment and worked on a ‘if it’s not broke, don’t fix it’ mentality which in truth was naive at best and at worst extremely ignorant. Businesses, football clubs and so forth move with the time, they have to.

Investment isn’t always about cash (unless you’re Fenty or his supporters), it is about ideas, vision, shared responsibility, mindset and so on. ChNge the mindset of the club. That needs to happen.

It’s not about thinking we’ll suddenly win the league and steam roller everyone in sight but raise expectations, have belief and make people proud to work for GTFC but the fans proud to support them.

GTFC can sit at the heart of the community, it can be something that is proud to sit there. At the minute it is ridiculed, just keeps its head above the water and in truth attracts very little from anyone. There are numerous reasons for that but that needs breaking and changing.

I believe we’ve reached a point where the consortium purchasing the club realise that being an owner doesn’t mean you have to operate or run the club...there are people with much better experience of that in the world, for all we know they may already work at GTFC or be in the town but it was stifled.

There is nothing wrong with who, unless, as we saw under the previous regime, it is out of control and the decision maker...

My first ambition is that as paying fans, people who are there regardless, we aren’t treated with the level of contempt we’ve faced for years...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
lew chaterleys lover
December 30, 2020, 10:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
I might be knocking on a bit but I couldn't sleep last night.

The reality that Fenty is out is such a huge thing, I could not get it out of my mind.

He was so off the scale bad and he brought everyone down to his level. I am still trying to come to terms with the chairman, a previously well respected local solicitor publicly supporting a convicted (many times over) criminal who the government want to deport, on the basis that he was defrauding financial institutions and was not therefore as serious as defrauding the pensioners themselves. He seemed to suggest that GTFC is the place to come for rehabilitation. As anyone ever heard anything so ludicrous, ever?

I have great expectations, but of course will know that these will come over time. Grimsby Town is a lot better than this; we are a great club with a much brighter future now that the man who was holding us back is on his way out.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Deep breath

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.