Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,088
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from CodAlmighty

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p090zwf7

About 20 minutes in, but worth listening to John Tondeur and Gary Croft as well

Cheers  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
forza ivano
December 30, 2020, 10:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
good old Tony - loved the self deprecating bit at the start about not getting excited. If you Know Tony you'll know he is the most measured and understated of men

he certainly didn't hold back .I suspect that it was 10 years of frustration and anger being given full vent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 2:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Have to say that was super stuff. Balanced, factual, measured, yet clearly delivered with feeling. A rapier like thrust.

I loved his self-deprecating comment that ‘you don’t get excitement from me’ of words to similar effect.

Also 👍 for his classical references: ‘crossed the Rubicon’ and ‘cleansing the stables’. But  I have to take slight issue with the Rubicon reference ..... the bloke who did that went on to seize power backed by crack legions 😉

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 30, 2020, 2:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Have to say that was super stuff. Balanced, factual, measured, yet clearly delivered with feeling. A rapier like thrust.

I loved his self-deprecating comment that ‘you don’t get excitement from me’ of words to similar effect.

Also 👍 for his classical references: ‘crossed the Rubicon’ and ‘cleansing the stables’. But  I have to take slight issue with the Rubicon reference ..... the bloke who did that went on to seize power backed by crack legions 😉

I think it was more the no turning back thing rather than marching on Rome and seizing power. Maybe he should have used the die is cast part of the reference.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 2:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

I think it was more the no turning back thing rather than marching on Rome and seizing power. Maybe he should have used the die is cast part of the reference.

Ha ha! Standards are not what they were dear boy 😉.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 30, 2020, 2:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Ha ha! Standards are not what they were dear boy 😉.

I blame Fenty

*Waits for Felipe Noche to get all indignant*

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
Croxton
December 30, 2020, 3:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Apologies if this 'update' from a year ago has already been forensically critiqued but I have only just seen it.
Set against Fenty's relationship with May and his appointment of Holloway a few days later, it seems that this interview was set up to fulfil several objectives.

Through this device, he is not only preparing the ground for Holloway but also showing the fans an alternative model for seeking investors, him possibly buying more shares plus sowing seeds of doubt about Shutes and other 'London based' parties.

Under the guise of protecting the football club he was paving the way for his continued control. He may well have already secured the promise of £100,000 from Holloway and wanted to condition our minds about seeking investors before announcing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsxQ8rS28NU

I may have the sequence of events slightly wrong but AL was in charge for the Scunny game. Strange how a piece starts with the match aftermath, moves on to seeking a manager ('frank' conversation with AL') and then swiftly to proposals re a ground at Freemo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
ginnywings
December 30, 2020, 4:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
arryarryarry
December 30, 2020, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Being late to pay is a bit different than not paying.

Cash flow management. Hard but sometimes necessary

So it is OK to screw local companies by paying late. What if they go out of business by not being paid on time and forcing them not be able to pay their bills?

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
arryarryarry
December 30, 2020, 5:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I once sat in a creditors meeting in Leicester (not football related) where I was owed £35,000

The CEO of the business looked us all unashamedly in the face, saying very little other than sorry but it can’t be helped. I wasn’t the largest creditor far from it.

He then trotted off to East Mids Airport, flew out to Majorca, to sit on his luxury yacht

Please don’t tell me it’s not criminal. Well maybe not always, unless proven in court as being wrongful trading or directors culpable. But when you are sat there hurt by a business deliberately put into administration, especially a pre-pack administration, then you feel very definitely that a crime has been committed against you

So feck off yourself Richard head

So putting a company into administration isn't illegal but you suggest it is criminal.

And you were disappointed that an actual criminal wasn't allowed to invest in GTFC.

Go on, you are just a winding everybody up for a laugh?
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tony Butcher on RH

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.