2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
horsforthmariner
December 28, 2020, 6:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 9
If we really want to ratchet up the pressure on Fenty then we could try and screw his political career.

In the early 90s, Charlton Athletic formed the Valley Party to contest their local elections and put pressure on the Council over their unhelpful stance towards the club.

I’m not suggesting that we form a new party. However, it’s useful that John Fenty is up for election this year. I think we need find a good “independent” candidate to fight Fenty. Have conversations with Labour, Lib Dems and Greens and get them not to stand in that ward (I reckon there is a fair chance they’d do that to screw Fenty, and since it’s a safe Tory ward they can only win).

We could then organise leaflet drops hammering Fenty and asking people to support the independent candidate. If anything else it might be funny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
December 28, 2020, 6:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from horsforthmariner
If we really want to ratchet up the pressure on Fenty then we could try and screw his political career.

In the early 90s, Charlton Athletic formed the Valley Party to contest their local elections and put pressure on the Council over their unhelpful stance towards the club.

I’m not suggesting that we form a new party. However, it’s useful that John Fenty is up for election this year. I think we need find a good “independent” candidate to fight Fenty. Have conversations with Labour, Lib Dems and Greens and get them not to stand in that ward (I reckon there is a fair chance they’d do that to screw Fenty, and since it’s a safe Tory ward they can only win).

We could then organise leaflet drops hammering Fenty and asking people to support the independent candidate. If anything else it might be funny.

I don't think he will stand, will he? Imagine canvassing and people bring up the convicted fraudster all the time. He is a busted flush; you are not going to vote for someone with such an appalling sense of civic duty to allow the infamous Mr May to have meetings with the council.

He must know his political career is over, surely?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
horsforthmariner
December 28, 2020, 6:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
To my knowledge he’s not said he’s standing down. An independent might push to Tories into giving him the heave-ho. But it’s a safe Tory Ward and my guess is that he’d win it with a split opposition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
IlkleyMariner
December 28, 2020, 6:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Think if the takeover doesn’t happen soon , all options are on the table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 6:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Good idea.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 6:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103

Do you really think that being involved as a local councillor is a political career ? 😂😂😂

Priceless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
horsforthmariner
December 28, 2020, 7:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
1. Do not underestimate the power of councils - they effect your life much more than you think.
2. It is the most common route to Westminster. Go and Wikipedia prominent MP most will have been a councillor before being selected.
3. Councils mean contacts (and info) very useful for say a prominent local businessman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
forza ivano
December 28, 2020, 7:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Do you really think that being involved as a local councillor is a political career ? 😂😂😂

well, that was Fenty's plan , until he went into business with a career criminal (is it 7 convictions i read somewhere?) who is facing deportation (allegedly)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Ipswin
December 28, 2020, 7:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

This is getting more ridiculous by the minute

For felicitations sake John sign the bloody forms and sell up and stop every fornicator wobbling on about it!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
thefish
December 28, 2020, 8:43pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67

Could we get Mighty Mariner to stand against him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just an idea

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.