Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should the trust be disbanded.?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 200 Guests

Should the trust be disbanded.?

This thread currently has 9,591 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
December 28, 2020, 8:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Ipswin

I was at Wembley and Braintree and I'm sure there were 10 others on the pitch too and organising is one thing, you make it sound like Operation Promotion was purely a Trust effort. Thousands was contributed by folk who weren't Trust members.

The Trusts influence on the running and decisions of GTFC has been zero Fenty's puppets.Disorganised waste of space

They may be a bit disorganised when they are short of volunteers to carry out many useful tasks which improve conditions for fans on matchday or community events or fan forums or book sales etc. etc, but far from a 'waste of space.' Nor are they puppets. The few I have met, Dave Roberts, Ian Townsend and Kristine Green are hardworking, professional, and dedicated fans. If you contact them individually over a small issue they reply promptly and positively.

Far from raking over the Parker shares farago, just appreciate that each one of them who has offered so much of their time to keep a fans Trust going ,in spite of the chaos around them, are still willing to work on our behalf.

Comments like yours Swin, offer no encouragement to Grimbarians to join the Trust and put their shoulders to the wheel. With or without this potential deal, we will still need someone to represent the fans. They continually ask for offers of help with technical skills, for example and could do with a boost right now as they reach out to the membership. Whatever has prevented people from coming forward, I very much doubt it was the people I have met. Good luck with telling Kristine she is a waste of space though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 76
HertsGTFC
December 28, 2020, 8:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Croxton

They may be a bit disorganised when they are short of volunteers to carry out many useful tasks which improve conditions for fans on matchday or community events or fan forums or book sales etc. etc, but far from a 'waste of space.' Nor are they puppets. The few I have met, Dave Roberts, Ian Townsend and Kristine Green are hardworking, professional, and dedicated fans. If you contact them individually over a small issue they reply promptly and positively.

Far from raking over the Parker shares farago, just appreciate that each one of them who has offered so much of their time to keep a fans Trust going ,in spite of the chaos around them, are still willing to work on our behalf.

Comments like yours Swin, offer no encouragement to Grimbarians to join the Trust and put their shoulders to the wheel. With or without this potential deal, we will still need someone to represent the fans. They continually ask for offers of help with technical skills, for example and could do with a boost right now as they reach out to the membership. Whatever has prevented people from coming forward, I very much doubt it was the people I have met. Good luck with telling Kristine she is a waste of space though!

As ever Mr Croxton the voice of balance and reason.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 76
forza ivano
December 28, 2020, 8:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from lee65

How many people are members Forza?, any idea (I am)

no, i don't Lee, sorry.Like many others i don't really ever get any communication from them, despite being a life member (in so many ways! ) and having been there at the very start, having 'folded' our grouping of exiles into the initial group.
i think Croxton's post is spot on. they work hard, and they're all volunteers, and they do many good things.it's just that they are a little disorganised, but that's due to lack of people i suspect. hopefully with all this talk of the trust 1 or 2 people will stick their head above the parapet and get involved.

they desperately need to get a really good membership secretary and to improve their communications. they've achieved an awful lot from v humble beginnings, but i'm sympathetic to Bax's view that they should be a 'crttical friend'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 76
lee65
December 28, 2020, 10:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from forza ivano

no, i don't Lee, sorry.Like many others i don't really ever get any communication from them, despite being a life member (in so many ways! ) and having been there at the very start, having 'folded' our grouping of exiles into the initial group.
i think Croxton's post is spot on. they work hard, and they're all volunteers, and they do many good things.it's just that they are a little disorganised, but that's due to lack of people i suspect. hopefully with all this talk of the trust 1 or 2 people will stick their head above the parapet and get involved.

they desperately need to get a really good membership secretary and to improve their communications. they've achieved an awful lot from v humble beginnings, but i'm sympathetic to Bax's view that they should be a 'crttical friend'

Thank you for the reply  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 76
grimps
December 29, 2020, 4:52am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Ipswin

Pure brinksmanship from Fenty just like we saw on Christmas Eve when he announced the deal was off and just like the Christmas Eve threat (Shutes came back) the Hearn threat worked and the Trust stupidly fell for it.  

Threatening to sell Hearn was one thing, its not like the days when Matt Tees and Rod Green were told to 'report to the Valley on Monday', he could have said no.

If Hearne had stayed fit that season Fenty would have sold him anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 76
Plankton
December 29, 2020, 5:57am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
It's time that anyone that has good ties with the club to cut them. The Trust has always done its best, but it's clear from top to bottom that we need a clear-out and strategies how we drag the club into the 21st Century. We're a shower and let's just have the administrators in if that's what needs doing. John Fenty is a stain on this town and anyone that associates with him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 76
December 29, 2020, 10:17am
Guest User
Rather than moan about the Mariners Trust sign up and have your say.. The Trust will work with Grimsby Town for the betterment of our beloved club. The Trust has done sterling work and I'm proud to be a member. I'm also a shareholder. I'm not asking for anymore than the survival of my team. UTMM.
Reply: 56 - 76
December 29, 2020, 10:27am
Guest User
Quoted from heppy88

Really Swin? Wasn’t the Trust instrumental in organising Operation Promotion? Wasn’t that money spent on Bogle? Didn’t we gain promotion that very same season? Didn’t that raise the profile of the club worldwide? Didn’t that unite all the fans for a common cause? Wasn’t the trust made up entirely of volunteers who created all the above?

This thread is a disgrace.

Too true, Ipswin is ANTI-GTFC  I am sure he's not a real supporter but a windup merchant. His negativity has over whelmed him. I feel sorry for him,.

Reply: 57 - 76
Boris Johnson
December 29, 2020, 12:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from davmariner
There are certainly questions about whether the trust is fit for purpose and whether those involved should be replaced. Jon Wood and Dave Roberts need to be more answerable to the fans. What do they actually do, other than enjoy the perks of being directors?

no. Wood and Roberts need to answer to the membership, if you are not a member, your not of interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 76
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 29, 2020, 12:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from 140067

Too true, Ipswin is ANTI-GTFC  I am sure he's not a real supporter but a windup merchant. His negativity has over whelmed him. I feel sorry for him,.

You could not be further from the truth. He says what he thinks.

As for the Trust, I believe they need another re-start. They should work independently of the club, if this means giving up the two lame duck seats on the board then so be it. Raise funds as they are doing right now, the membership should then decide what to do with those funds. The club should not be in a position where it can impose it's will on the Trust. Fenty has masterminded his control of the Trust in both it's incarnations. The money raised over the years and then just given to the club and the MP shares could have been put to such great use in the present situation. I believe those who have administered the Trust(s) have done the best they can and their dedication knows no bounds but they have been played from the very beginning by Fenty. The Trust should continue but it should cut it's ties to the club, it should stand alone as the voice of the fans.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should the trust be disbanded.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.