Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can anyone tell me........
Users Browsing Forum
Mappers and 281 Guests

Can anyone tell me........

This thread currently has 4,507 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
December 27, 2020, 9:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
As a director and majority share holder does JF get any income from GTFC ?

Secondly does he have to pay anything for his seat, pre match food and drink, half time refreshment, and post match food and drink? Likewise at away matches, is he entertained FOC ?

Does he pay his own travel costs to away games? Or is it tax deductable ?

Does he have to pay tax on any of these freebies?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
December 27, 2020, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Secondly does he have to pay anything for his seat, pre match food and drink, half time refreshment, and post match food and drink? Likewise at away matches, is he entertained FOC ?

The answer to the first question is no. I believe the answer to second is also no.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
SomeSanity
December 27, 2020, 9:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The answer to the first question is no. I believe the answer to second is also no.

This, plus his brothers get it all free too. I also heard somewhere that free entry for him and his brothers is a must fo any sale to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
paulgtfc
December 27, 2020, 9:42pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

As previous response, pretty sure no income received.

Match day costs for our directors n visiting directors will be covered by the club, just as opposition club would cover such costs when Town play away.  None of this would be a taxable benefit as effectively it is business entertainment.  Travelwise I assume our directors travel on the team coach so no travel claim needed.  If they drive themselves to away matches that would be a reclaimable travel cost if they wanted to claim.  I assume our directors do not claim such costs as coach travel is there if required.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
grimps
December 27, 2020, 10:05pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
To be fair I wouldn’t expect  that any director , chairman or major share holder at any club pays for their seats ect .
Yes Fenty needs to go but This is getting a little bit petty now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
aldi_01
December 27, 2020, 10:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from grimps
To be fair I wouldn’t expect  that any director , chairman or major share holder at any club pays for their seats ect .
Yes Fenty needs to go but This is getting a little bit petty now

I think people are curious as to what his family get free...I mean we’ve seen the nepotism plain as day, perhaps some clarity is all folk are after...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
Fishy_fishtails
December 27, 2020, 10:13pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from SomeSanity

This, plus his brothers get it all free too. I also heard somewhere that free entry for him and his brothers is a must fo any sale to happen.

Couldn't be further from the truth there! They all pay for their season tickets, always have done and they will continue to do so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
Fishy_fishtails
December 27, 2020, 10:14pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I think people are curious as to what his family get free...I mean we’ve seen the nepotism plain as day, perhaps some clarity is all folk are after...

His family don't get anything for free. They pay for season tickets and merchandise just like everyone else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
Fishy_fishtails
December 27, 2020, 10:19pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from paulgtfc

As previous response, pretty sure no income received.

Match day costs for our directors n visiting directors will be covered by the club, just as opposition club would cover such costs when Town play away.  None of this would be a taxable benefit as effectively it is business entertainment.  Travelwise I assume our directors travel on the team coach so no travel claim needed.
Quoted Text
Quoted Text
  If they drive themselves to away matches that would be a reclaimable travel cost if they wanted to claim.  I assume our directors do not claim such costs as coach travel is there if required.

They don't travel on the coach, they travel separately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 27, 2020, 10:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Pre Covid
Every FL and Championship clubs had to supply 10 Away director and Director Guests tickets and a Pre match meal as part of a FL agreement. Effectively if 10 GTFC Directors or guests attend an away match it cost GTFC nothing to get in BUT the Club has to foot the bill for all away directors at PB, It makes no difference if GTFC send 1 director or 10 to an away games we still have to supply 10 for all home games.

Since Covid
Every FL and Championship club had to supply up to 10 Away director and Director Guests tickets but no food or drink, these guests are now located in a separate area to the home directors and still have to follow all covid rules and regulations inside the ground.

As for paying for travel expenses this is responsibility of the traveling directors and guests  and No they don't get the money back of the club,

I don't believe for one minute that there  is anyone on here who would turn down the chance to take a family member or friend to a game for free at no cost to their own club.

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can anyone tell me........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.