This thread currently has 4,359 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
LH
December 26, 2020, 7:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,573
Gold Stars: 174
In normal circumstances the car park would be rammed on Tuesday with people chanting but obviously we temporarily live in a different world. Can anyone think of any ideas how we can put our message across?
Private Message
ginnywings
December 26, 2020, 8:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Hopefully, we won't need to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
DocDock
December 26, 2020, 8:17pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
I’m not sure but if a deal hasn’t been agreed before Tuesday I’m up for protesting outside the ground on Tuesday evening
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
LH
December 26, 2020, 8:20pm

Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,573
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from DocDock
I’m not sure but if a deal hasn’t been agreed before Tuesday I’m up for protesting outside the ground on Tuesday evening

Might not have made it clear with my post - but protesting outside the ground is not an option as any point you try to make is immediately discredited by breaking coronavirus restrictions. I’m wanting out of the box ideas to get the point across.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
Squinter
December 26, 2020, 8:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
The Xmas light down Humberston Ave are lovely this year.

They have a new light supplier from Japan called 'Fen Ti Isa Won Kor'  The locals are so proud of their lights they want everybody to see them and chant how good their new suplier is 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
KingstonMariner
December 26, 2020, 8:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH

Might not have made it clear with my post - but protesting outside the ground is not an option as any point you try to make is immediately discredited by breaking coronavirus restrictions. I’m wanting out of the box ideas to get the point across.

Agreed. Let’s leave breaking coronavirus regulations to Fenty and Day.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
aldi_01
December 26, 2020, 8:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
But if we were all park in the car park and just toot our horns with Fenty out banners then that wouldn’t break any rules...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
Grantham_Mariner
December 26, 2020, 8:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
It will be a long nights demonstrating so don't forget that if your legs get tired on Tuesday night remember to sit (bring a folding chair just in case) one car parking space apart.  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
gaz57
December 26, 2020, 8:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Quoted from LH
In normal circumstances the car park would be rammed on Tuesday with people chanting but obviously we temporarily live in a different world. Can anyone think of any ideas how we can put our message across?

Use your phones keep the lines busy polity asking   Fenty to leave the club. If enough people join in it will be a safe protest and not breaking the law.UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
DocDock
December 26, 2020, 8:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Quoted from LH

Ah fair enough. Aldi’s idea about doing it inside a car is probably the closest thing to protesting outside the ground i can immediately think of. Anybody got a spare megaphone we could use?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
KingstonMariner
December 26, 2020, 8:45pm
Meths Drinker
The use of electronic and telecommunications technology  would be a way of safely avoiding the spread of harmful viruses.

I couldn’t imagine a situation were you would want to do so though.

Perhaps if there was a business person who was happy to do business with a fraudster, you might want to make enquiries of that person’s other businesses as to whether that other business was also prepared to court a fraudster. No accusation. Just a question mind. But there would only be a point in phoning when that business was open otherwise there would be no point because there would be no one able to answer your questions.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
December 27, 2020, 3:20am
Guest User
Quoted from LH

A socially distanced 'dirty dozen' fans in the car-park.

The first wears a coat with an 'F' on the back of it. The next has 'E'. Then 'C','K', 'O', 'F', 'F', 'F', 'U', 'N', 'T', 'Y'.
They stand with their backs to BP. (poignant as fvck, eh?)

Then - like the Olympic flame - have a rota of coat-swapping fans to maintain the message 24/7 ! They each do an hour (unless they're really keen...)
At the start and end of every 'shift' the dirty dozen sing a rousing "Up the Mariners".

Would attract massive, possibly worldwide, media attention (which is why the message is less abusive than it might be).

Edit: The persons in positions 2 and 9 could swap places when the singing happens.
Reply: 11 - 28
gary_elton
December 27, 2020, 3:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I have a strange feeling that there will be rather a large
police presence at BP for the next match.....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
Southwark Mariner
December 27, 2020, 3:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
A targeted boycott / social media protest of the businesses that sponsor the current regime, making it clear regime change is wanted and the protest will end when he's gone?.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
IlkleyMariner
December 27, 2020, 5:20am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Does anyone know any senior manager at Youngs?  Similar at other major sponsors

Start by asking them for a quote or response to the sitt

Crank up the action to boycott their product or services if they support Fenty etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
GrimRob
December 27, 2020, 7:12am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
A list of all sponsors including small local companies who do advertising hoarding. Ask them to pull out
Nobody wants to back a losing horse.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 28
OneLove
December 27, 2020, 8:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Its easily done, if you can do it in Asda, Tesco etc Im sure we have the knowledge to do it at the ground. Unless someone starts off  'Lets go F*****g mental'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
Green27
December 27, 2020, 9:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Should just park in our cars down Constitutional Avenue Imperial Avenue and the others do our best to block access to the stadium

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
Garth
December 27, 2020, 10:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Green27
Should just park in our cars down Constitutional Avenue Imperial Avenue and the others do our best to block access to the stadium

Oh ok, never mind the people who live down there then, who suffer enough with living adjacent to the ground, plus any emergency services that would need access. Give your head a wobble
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 27, 2020, 10:53am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Green27

That was my original thought too. No road markings at the entry and exits of the carpark so nothing stopping anyone from parking across them. Doesn't have to be all day. Just long enough to inconvenience anyone parking their cars up.

There wouldn't be any issues with the locals. Two HGVs with trailers would be good parking there......then even if the Police move them on, it'd take ages to reverse them out again.

I hope nobody misses the start of the game 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
Ipswin
December 27, 2020, 11:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Given the shite we have been dishing up lately we'd be doing them a favour FFS

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
Boris Johnson
December 27, 2020, 11:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Does anyone know any senior manager at Youngs?  Similar at other major sponsors

Start by asking them for a quote or response to the sitt

Crank up the action to boycott their product or services if they support Fenty etc

oh so now you want to put innocent people's jobs at risk......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
dicko995
December 27, 2020, 11:14am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 25
Make a guy fawkes/scarecrow, put a town shirt on it, put a noose around its neck, and hang them all around the ground perimeter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
KingstonMariner
December 27, 2020, 11:26am
Meths Drinker

That was my original thought too. No road markings at the entry and exits of the carpark so nothing stopping anyone from parking across them. Doesn't have to be all day. Just long enough to inconvenience anyone parking their cars up.

There wouldn't be any issues with the locals. Two HGVs with trailers would be good parking there......then even if the Police move them on, it'd take ages to reverse them out again.

That’d still inconvenience residents when drinking bing it down there and reversing back again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Southwark Mariner
December 27, 2020, 7:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
People are still allowed out for exercise and food shopping. Perhaps now is the time COD Almighty finally launch a new tshirt!

edit: I'd prefer Cod Almighty to adminster any fighting fund. I've lost trust in the Trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
lukeo
December 28, 2020, 8:28am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Just don't play to watch on Tuesday night. I'm sure we get 100s of people like myself who aren't St holders who pay to watch usually.. Well like at the weekend don't. They'll soon see they're losing us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
lukeo
December 28, 2020, 8:29am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Pay*
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
darren9
December 28, 2020, 9:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
According to ...

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/guides/a-guide-to-coronavirus-tiers-in-england

A right to protest

There is a specific exception for protests in tiers 1, 2 and 3. These are in addition to a 'picketing' exception in each of these tiers, and can only take place with the 'required precautions'.

And according to ...

https://www.libertyhumanrights.....oronavirus-lockdown/

You are allowed to attend a protest that has been organised in all Tiers as long as:

it has been organised by a business, a charitable, benevolent or philanthropic institution, a public body or a political body,
the protest organiser has carried out a risk assessment which meets the requirements of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, and
the gathering organiser has taken “all reasonable measures” to limit the spread of coronavirus in line with the risk assessment and any relevant government guidance.

I’d suggest that according to these guidelines any protest at Blundell park would be illegal under coronavirus legislation. The police will no doubt prosecute in the circumstances and I’d imagine with it being connected to football they will apply for a football banning order too.

With regards to calling the club or other business, in my opinion this only affects employees of these businesses and not the intended recipient so it’s effect is limited. In addition I’d like to draw your attention to the malicious communications act ...

The Malicious Communications Act 1988 is a British Act of Parliament that makes it illegal in England and Wales to "send or deliver letters or other articles for the purpose of causing distress or anxiety". It also applies to electronic communications.

People need to be aware of the potential consequences and extremely careful before embarking on any protest action.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
ginnywings
December 28, 2020, 10:08am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
It's typical that at a time when a protest would be warranted and extremely well attended, we can't have one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Socially Distanced Protest Action

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.