December 18, 2020, 10:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from diehardmariner

When?

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just can't remember it.  

What I do remember is Fenty wheeling himself out at every possible opportunity to revel in the limelight.

Tranmere away in 2004 - he was there waving in front of the fans with Daniel Khan from the college as if he was some sort of hero for appointing Nicky Law who managed to secure relegation from a lower midtable position.
Spurs at home when we knocked them out in the Cup - Don't forget about the oranges....yeah, nice one John.  
Bournemouth away - celebrating on the pitch the fact we had stayed up because two other teams had received massive point deductions.
The aforementioned Ice-bucket challenge, easily the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen at Blundell Park, including some of the performances of the last 15 years.

Need I go on?

Oh don't! I come out in a cold sweat thinking of it all. Like a lot of us, I was at Bournemouth, and I don't think I have ever been as gobsmacked by someone's behaviour. I think a lot of us knew then that we were going to be in serious trouble in the years to come. Any normal person would have got back to his desk and plotted how it could be improved in the future, how to run the club differently and how to get extra investment. Not JF, no siree. It was all about him to be carried shoulder-high from the pitch by our over-excited fans who had seen us survive by the skin of our teeth when any other season would have seen us relegated to non-league.

Let's face it, it is about him, isn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 89
KingstonMariner
December 18, 2020, 11:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Oh don't! I come out in a cold sweat thinking of it all. Like a lot of us, I was at Bournemouth, and I don't think I have ever been as gobsmacked by someone's behaviour. I think a lot of us knew then that we were going to be in serious trouble in the years to come. Any normal person would have got back to his desk and plotted how it could be improved in the future, how to run the club differently and how to get extra investment. Not JF, no siree. It was all about him to be carried shoulder-high from the pitch by our over-excited fans who had seen us survive by the skin of our teeth when any other season would have seen us relegated to non-league.

Let's face it, it is about him, isn't it?

What about the orange?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 89
Henryscat
December 18, 2020, 11:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
If Stockwood takes over I imagine the club shop online might get a tweak or two.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 89
Zero_as_a_limit
December 23, 2020, 1:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +109
Gold Stars: 1
Just to reply to the start of this thread, I have also bought and read ‘Reboot’ in the last couple of days. It’s an excellent, thought provoking book about how to trial and effect change - also very forward looking. Some great examples of how he has motivated and incentivised the people he works with. Fingers crossed that he gets to apply some of this thinking at GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 89
rancido
December 23, 2020, 1:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from mariner91

Stockwood may be a tech entrepreneur but is he computer literate? That's what impresses John.

Only because he isn't.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 89
Boris Johnson
December 23, 2020, 1:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Zero_as_a_limit
Just to reply to the start of this thread, I have also bought and read ‘Reboot’ in the last couple of days. It’s an excellent, thought provoking book about how to trial and effect change - also very forward looking. Some great examples of how he has motivated and incentivised the people he works with. Fingers crossed that he gets to apply some of this thinking at GTFC!

yeah but can he do it on a rainy cold Tuesday night at BorehamWood?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 89
jonnyboy82
December 23, 2020, 2:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
This ia exactly what our club needs, please all i want for Christmas is this club being bought into the current modern world with a vision and ambition to match.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 89
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 23, 2020, 2:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from jonnyboy82
This ia exactly what our club needs, please all i want for Christmas is this club being bought into the current modern world with a vision and ambition to match.

Funny enough the club are half way through implementing a full new online and inhouse ticketing system , club shop and membership card system by all accounts. season tickets will now be card based and tickets will be electronic for those who want it to be. surprised  its not been explained by the powers that be already

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 89
ska face
December 23, 2020, 2:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Yeah and haven’t the Trust been lumbered with doing much of the legwork and pushing to get that implemented? Says it all.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 89
LH
December 23, 2020, 2:48pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,567
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Funny enough the club are half way through implementing a full new online and inhouse ticketing system , club shop and membership card system by all accounts. season tickets will now be card based and tickets will be electronic for those who want it to be. surprised  its not been explained by the powers that be already

Nice one! I first saw this at Old Trafford 14 years ago so it’s nice for the club to finally catch up to 2006.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.