Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Olly needs to raise his game.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 246 Guests

Olly needs to raise his game.

This thread currently has 4,336 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
December 16, 2020, 8:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from GrimRob

What a terrible hand he's had. Given the whole salary cap to spend and blown nearly the whole lot on dross.

Not forgetting Covid  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
Zmariner
December 17, 2020, 10:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from GrimRob

What a terrible hand he's had. Given the whole salary cap to spend and blown nearly the whole lot on dross.

I am afraid that is exactly how I see it as well, it is not completely dross Was probably above a relegation budget from this division. I am sure that this COVID clause did not help though, that said there have been some really awful signings. This team/squad is so poor it has relegation written all over it and I am normally completely loyal to the managers but I am not sure that I would procrastinate very long this time. This is a combination of a lack of quality and a lack of fight as well UTm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
GrimRob
December 17, 2020, 10:38am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Zmariner

I am afraid that is exactly how I see it as well, it is not completely dross Was probably above a relegation budget from this division. I am sure that this COVID clause did not help though, that said there have been some really awful signings. This team/squad is so poor it has relegation written all over it and I am normally completely loyal to the managers but I am not sure that I would procrastinate very long this time. This is a combination of a lack of quality and a lack of fight as well UTm

I know am was being unkind to say all the players are dross, just reflects my frustration. A few of them have real potential and with better players around them and more achievable directions, they could be the real deal.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 26
Limerick Mariner
December 17, 2020, 12:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
One of the most damaging impacts of COVID IMHO was the loss of Limbrick...

I think Ollie needs to stay and sort out the current mess, partly of his making. I'd get an experienced assistant manager in now. He's fecked up on the squad building in the summer; I think a couple of the non leaguers might come off eventually and Edwards, Preston and Windsor are good enough to contribute with the right experienced players around them but we are totally lacking in leaders on the pitch and the experienced players Ollie brought in have largely been a failure - not good enough, not fit enough and/or too many sick notes. Ollie may have been relying on a fit Hanson to lead the line but he shouldn't have, we needed at least one other proven front goalscorer in the squad.

Most worrying thing for me about Ollie is his recent decision-making. Dropping James Mck for Russell was never going to be the right thing to do. James Mck has fecked up with his distribution - there is a workaround for that. There is no workaround for a keeper who can't stop shots...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
monkeyboy
December 17, 2020, 1:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Alex Ferguson had a really bad start at Manchester Unted and nearly got the boot.
He was big on bringing youth in wasnt he and look how that turned out.

Think we need a couple of years of patience with our very very good manager.!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
Sussexmariner
December 17, 2020, 3:43pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Most worrying thing for me about Ollie is his recent decision-making. Dropping James Mck for Russell was never going to be the right thing to do. James Mck has fecked up with his distribution - there is a workaround for that. There is no workaround for a keeper who can't stop shots...

Is there a workaround for a goalkeeper who kicks the ball into his own net under no pressure? ie Macca against Oldham

Apart from that howler at Southend how many mistakes has Russel made since he’s been keeper? I can’t blame him for any of the goals that we have conceded, never bought into this “Macca is our saviour” way of thinking amongst some Town fans.

When Holloway first came in we couldn’t believe our luck, the players he brought in obviously he had the money to spend to do that, we were all loving it, now  he’s made loads of mistakes (admits it himself) in getting the players he can on a lower budget than he wants, let’s wait until January and see what he does with the so-called extra money that the board will give him if it doesn’t work out, reluctantly, bye-bye Ollie

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
arryarryarry
December 17, 2020, 3:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Sussexmariner

Is there a workaround for a goalkeeper who kicks the ball into his own net under no pressure? ie Macca against Oldham

Apart from that howler at Southend how many mistakes has Russel made since he’s been keeper? I can’t blame him for any of the goals that we have conceded, never bought into this “Macca is our saviour” way of thinking amongst some Town fans.

When Holloway first came in we couldn’t believe our luck, the players he brought in obviously he had the money to spend to do that, we were all loving it, now  he’s made loads of mistakes (admits it himself) in getting the players he can on a lower budget than he wants, let’s wait until January and see what he does with the so-called extra money that the board will give him if it doesn’t work out, reluctantly, bye-bye Ollie

Erm.....................how many games has Russell played and how many has McKewan played?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Olly needs to raise his game.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.