3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Quagmire
December 16, 2020, 8:59am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Will you be requesting return of the shares that were handed over to Mr Fenty for FREE in 2012 if Mr Shutes & co manage  to strike a deal to relinquish JF’s role at the club?

He hasn’t paid for them and the reason he gave for wanting them was so voting power remained in the boardroom, which he will not (hopefully) need going forward.

He’ll have done incredibly well to get back the money he loaned to the club to pay for his complete and utter mismanagement of the club, he certainly shouldn’t profit to the tune of 200k if he sells the shares he didn’t pay for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
SomeSanity
December 16, 2020, 9:24am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
it's a no from me. Let him have them.

Why? Because we don't want any further complications and another long period of arguments overs them. The sooner this situation is concluded the better for everyone involved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Boris Johnson
December 16, 2020, 9:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Im assuming the Trust wont make any hasty decisions before consultign with its membership?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
MuddyWaters
December 16, 2020, 9:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
As a gesture of goodwill, shouldn’t they be returned to Mike Parker?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
denni266
December 16, 2020, 9:56am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Thats a good call... and also the Trust / members have proven imo that they cannot look after them after giving them away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
ska face
December 16, 2020, 10:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from denni266

Thats a good call... and also the Trust / members have proven imo that they cannot look after them after giving them away

1 - that’s democracy. If you wanted something different to happen, you should have cast a vote.

2 - the circumstances around why members felt pressured into the decision are pretty well covered (Hearn).
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
Caveman
December 16, 2020, 10:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Agree 100%.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
denni266
December 16, 2020, 10:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Yes i understand democracy , But it also gives me the right to voice my opinion . And i dont doubt that fenty would have tried to sell him , but Liam may not have wanted to go and you cannot force him to leave ,, The fans would have been behind him 100% . And in fentys face like you would not believe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
ska face
December 16, 2020, 11:03am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from denni266
Yes i understand democracy , But it also gives me the right to voice my opinion . And i dont doubt that fenty would have tried to sell him , but Liam may not have wanted to go and you cannot force him to leave ,, The fans would have been behind him 100% . And in fentys face like you would not believe.

I don’t think you understand it in this context. All well & good saying the fans would’ve done this and could’ve done that, but they had the actual opportunity to do something about it by being a Trust member and voting - but they didn’t.

The same thing might come up in a few weeks (or days) time again. Fans would be well advised to be involved either by being a member and potentially having a vote, or by being a member and making sure the Trust Board and Reps are able to accurately represent their views.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
SomeSanity
December 16, 2020, 11:29am
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from SomeSanity
it's a no from me. Let him have them.

Why? Because we don't want any further complications and another long period of arguments overs them. The sooner this situation is concluded the better for everyone involved.

I appreciate that wasn't a popular response but I want to clarify my thoughts.

If not asking for the return of those shares is the difference between him selling or not I think it's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question for the Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.