Ipswin
December 14, 2020, 6:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
We were told the trust members on the board did not know about the dealings with May.

So I expect Ollie did.not know either.

He has better things to do anyway like getting out strikers to shoot straight for one.

No we weren't Pete we were told they were bound by a confidentiallity clause which meant they would not have been able to tell their own (trust) board either way

This is not designed to 'have a go' at Holloway (except maybe by 'Boris Johnson') at all I simply want to Know if, as he sits on the board at meetings, he was aware of it or not. Day appears to be getting flack because he clearly knew so why not anyone else who was aware. If he says he didn't know then fair enough and if he says he did know but doesn't want to comment then that is fair enough and understandable too

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
grimsby pete
December 14, 2020, 6:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Ipswin

No we weren't Pete we were told they were bound by a confidentiallity clause which meant they would not have been able to tell their own (trust) board either way

This is not designed to 'have a go' at Holloway (except maybe by 'Boris Johnson') at all I simply want to Know if, as he sits on the board at meetings, he was aware of it or not. Day appears to be getting flack because he clearly knew so why not anyone else who was aware. If he says he didn't know then fair enough and if he says he did know but doesn't want to comment then that is fair enough and understandable too

Stand corrected again , I am having a good week.

I must pay more attention .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
December 14, 2020, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from grimsby pete

Stand corrected again , I am having a good week.

I must pay more attention .

Better than Fenty's!  
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
VinnyGTFC
December 14, 2020, 6:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +135
Gold Stars: 20
Anyone who thinks Holloway moved to Grimsby and breezed through like it was the job he had waited his life for are naiive. There is a reason he came and it wasn't the smooth talking of John Fenty and his cronies. It all looked odd at the time. Very clearly this raises the questions that probably will never be answered. But let's be honest I think most of us had some running round our heads. Didn't we?
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
December 14, 2020, 6:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from Boris Johnson

This place has called for full disclosure of what has gone on, and what was known and by whom. There has been nothing but calls for heads to roll. Is it only certain heads?

If he is not complicit all he needs to do is say so.

Was you born an idiot or have you been practicing hard.

Reply: 34 - 78
Ipswin
December 14, 2020, 6:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 123614

Was you born an idiot or have you been practicing hard.

Well we appreciate he's an idiot just like his namesake but why can't we ask if Holloway was in the know We are asking / suggesting everyone else in the board room knew so why not him?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
ginnywings
December 14, 2020, 6:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

Talking of which, the radio said there was a board meeting this afternoon. I wonder what they chatted about?  

The meeting is tonight. In his presser, Olly said he will only discuss football and voice his opinion on the other stuff in the boardroom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
KingstonMariner
December 14, 2020, 7:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Can’t have it both ways. He’s on the board. He’s got to expect questions about it. He might politely decline to answer them, but hes got to respect the questions.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 78
louth_in_the_south
December 14, 2020, 7:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96

I don't think for a minute Fenty would have sat Ollie down and told him he was a business partner of a convicted fraudster of the elderly. You just don't do you?

In the unlikely event Holloway did know, what was he supposed to do about it?  Walk away from a project that he has just started??

It might have been him who leaked to the press 😂

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
Stranger in the Park
December 14, 2020, 8:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -188
Gold Stars: 7
We knew of him and his misdealings a year ago. There was a thread on here about him and it's already been [/b[b]]established that JF knew of his past, so I don't why they got involved with him. He'd already tried and failed at other clubs, but seems to have found favour here, yet another misstep by our board, whichever way you look at it.

As you appear to know everything could you please expand on this for those of us who are in the dark. Who established what?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway must come clean

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.