9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
bax
December 14, 2020, 12:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Alex May said that he has met with regen people at NELC. If that is true and the pair had set up a business together, trading or not, I would say it's a conflict of interest and should be declared but that would be for others to decide. I am sure JF will have no issue with this being investigated by an independent body if he believes he has done the right thing.

(Disclaimer - i have previously worked in the public sector and have some experience and knowledge of the code of conduct and standards committee)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 81
Chrisblor
December 14, 2020, 12:53pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,934
Gold Stars: 238
Labour opposition on NE Lincs Council writing to the Tory Council Leader Phillip Jackson calling for an investigation into Fenty and for him to be stripped of his Deputy Leader role on the Council:

https://twitter.com/LabourPark/status/1338457290127634432

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 81
Madeleymariner
December 14, 2020, 1:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Just opportunist politics, Fenty probably hasn't done anything against the ethics and requrements of his position and I'm also sure that had Fenty been Libour the Tories would be sending a near identical request to the council leader. The only thing that matters in any of this is May investing or setting up shady deals with the club or if he gets involved in the regeneration money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 81
arryarryarry
December 14, 2020, 1:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from bax
Alex May has been involved in discussions with the council.

I can imagine NELC will be bricking it right about now...

According to a release read out on the Burnsy show from NELC this matter is a personal matter for Mr Fenty, but Mr May has said he has been in talks with NELC.

If they have been in discussions with a convicted fraudster then they need to issue another statement pretty quickly.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 81
denni266
December 14, 2020, 1:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
A council that has meetings with convicted fraudsters  and a councilor in high office sets up a company with him , needs more than a inquirey in house .. National government and the police need to be involved  .. And whover said that this con man can go watch a game needs fining as well as him.. and Mr Day needs fining as well as he was sat with him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 81
friskneymariner
December 14, 2020, 1:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Think a referral should be made to the Monitoring Officer.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 81
Madeleymariner
December 14, 2020, 1:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from denni266
A council that has meetings with convicted fraudsters  and a councilor in high office sets up a company with him , needs more than a inquirey in house .. National government and the police need to be involved  .. And whover said that this con man can go watch a game needs fining as well as him.. and Mr Day needs fining as well as he was sat with him

Your talking a load of Tosh police investigations etc your avin a laff. I am no Fenty or Tory fan but that is so over the top its hilarious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 81
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 14, 2020, 1:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Your talking a load of Tosh police investigations etc your avin a laff. I am no Fenty or Tory fan but that is so over the top its hilarious.

Why?

Should councillor’s be holding meetings with convicted fraudsters about regeneration schemes, public money and property developments?

At worst, it isn’t a good look for anyone involved

I bet there has been a rush on shredding machines in NE Lincs this morning. JSF isn’t good on email, so he relies on getting his fax right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 81
RichMariner
December 14, 2020, 1:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
Here is a fact for you:

NELC's initial statement was a lie.

They said what they said (about it being a separate, personal issue) knowing that wasn't true, because they had held meetings with May.

Therefore NELC lied to the public.

That's huge. They are meant to be working for us, the people who elected them. If they lie about something like this, what else have they lied about?

An investigation is absolutely necessary. It could unravel a whole lot more.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 18 - 81
pen penfras
December 14, 2020, 1:51pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from RichMariner
Here is a fact for you:

NELC's initial statement was a lie.

They said what they said (about it being a separate, personal issue) knowing that wasn't true, because they had held meetings with May.

Therefore NELC lied to the public.

That's huge. They are meant to be working for us, the people who elected them. If they lie about something like this, what else have they lied about?

An investigation is absolutely necessary. It could unravel a whole lot more.

If somebody contacts the council regarding regeneration, it would be wrong of the council to instantly dismiss something. Maybe they held talks and decided given his history that it shouldn't be pursued. Nobody is lying in that scenario and it's not difficult to envisage. Why jump to a conclusion that everybody is doing the worst possible thing all of the time?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NELC Statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.