Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BBC Radio Humberside at 11am - essential listening
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

BBC Radio Humberside at 11am - essential listening

This thread currently has 10,320 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
December 14, 2020, 1:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Have I been saying integrity wrong my whole life, or is Burns having a bit of trouble with that word?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
Sigone
December 14, 2020, 1:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
I guess if we dont take his investment we will have to sell our star striker

OH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
Boris Johnson
December 14, 2020, 1:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Sigone
I guess if we dont take his investment we will have to sell our star striker

OH

this or the dishwasher, both of which are equal in value
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
lew chaterleys lover
December 14, 2020, 1:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Its all about money with Fenty. Always has been and always will be. He has no mitigating factors apart from making/saving money.

When initially he took over like any businessman he would have seen money-making opportunities for relocation, but when that did not go to plan it has meant years of cutbacks and money-saving measures, whilst always ensuring he might/could get his money back one day no matter how rubbish it became at the club with a stadium and team starved of investment.

The revelation on the radio by Mr May that he has had meetings with council officials and John Fenty will explode a bomb in the Council chambers and I would think both his political career and stranglehold at Blundell Park will come to an end in the near future.

That said, it is up to the genuine fans to keep the pressure on. There cannot be anybody left in Grimsby who supports Fenty after this debacle of all debacles.

As was mentioned on the radio - come on Shutes and co. This is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Go public with everything, table an offer for the club and lets get Fenty out.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
headingly_mariner
December 14, 2020, 1:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
Big wound for the council with Alex May saying he’s had meetings with the council about regeneration. Surely they can no longer say it’s a personal matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
ska face
December 14, 2020, 1:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Just so much that doesn’t add up.

May says he wanted to help with the relocation of the club so wanted to purchase a small number of shares to do so. How would purchasing a small number of shares assist with the relocation? And if his only interest was introducing new parties and investors, why does he personally need to buy shares?

As grimsbypete has said, he’s got to be the least convincing con man in history.

Christ knows about the background of the two other people who introduced him to Fenty, that would be worth digging into.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
Son of Cod
December 14, 2020, 1:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Just so much that doesn’t add up.

May says he wanted to help with the relocation of the club so wanted to purchase a small number of shares to do so. How would purchasing a small number of shares assist with the relocation? And if his only interest was introducing new parties and investors, why does he personally need to buy shares?

As grimsbypete has said, he’s got to be the least convincing con man in history.

Christ knows about the background of the two other people who introduced him to Fenty, that would be worth digging into.

As someone alluded to further up, even the way he struggled to answer about how many games he's been to in the last few weeks was unconvincing. Sounded very much like he was lying then.

I've just rewound the interview and he said it was Tony Kenworthy and Richard Chester that introduced him to the club, but then he went onto say Tony Kenworthy was a Sheff Utd player and Dave Chester was a director at Sheff Utd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
Gainsbro_Mariner
December 14, 2020, 1:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 14
This whole thing absolutely stinks power, greed and corruption. It makes me feel very uncomfortable knowing the people that run OUR football club are entertaining a convicted fraudster. The fact he even sat there in the stands with the board whilst the rest of us can't attend games absolutely boils my urine.

I am at work so I haven't listened to the radio today, but Alex May saying he will not invest if the fans don't want him is music to my ears. Get in your car and off you pop! As fans all we want is our football club to be ambitious, prosperous and be fronted by people who have it's best interest at hearts both on and off the field. This fire place does not need poking by vultures who want to come in and take pieces of our pie...especially when there isn't much to take anymore. Any investment made by this guy would be extremely dodgy and I for one don't want dirty money in this club.

I wouldn't care if he brought in even more people to invest, I would rather us struggle on but having our morals intact than be a play thing for bent investors.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
Son of Cod
December 14, 2020, 1:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

As someone alluded to further up, even the way he struggled to answer about how many games he's been to in the last few weeks was unconvincing. Sounded very much like he was lying then.

I've just rewound the interview and he said it was Tony Kenworthy and Richard Chester that introduced him to the club, but then he went onto say Tony Kenworthy was a Sheff Utd player and Dave Chester was a director at Sheff Utd.

There is a Richard Chester who is a former CEO at the Wendies. His LinkedIn lists his current job description as:

"Undertaking Due Diligence duties for purchasers of Football Clubs - Designing and developing programmes to aid unemployed individuals in acquiring industry-recognised training - Researching, designing and developing a sports-related database to be used to benefit disadvantaged pupils falling behind in their current educational development"

https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-chester-760741178/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
SomeSanity
December 14, 2020, 1:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
[url]https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-evidence-places-fresh-scrutiny-2969073[/url]

There is some truth to what he says about his relationship with Kenworthy. Although the article doesn't put may in a great light.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BBC Radio Humberside at 11am - essential listening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.