grimps
December 14, 2020, 2:36am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
To be fair he’s not actually  done anything wrong as far as I can see , I’m sure this isn’t the first business associate he’s invited to the games and let’s face it most people with a few million in the bank have bent the rules somewhere along the way .
The problem is if this guy had any intentions of taking over or being invoked in running if our club ?
Even if he was used as an advisor on the ground relocation I wouldn’t  be bothered , without getting too excited all Fenty had to do is tell us what he’s doing at Blundell park as it doesn’t look like the Board know anything
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
arryarryarry
December 14, 2020, 3:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from grimps
To be fair he’s not actually  done anything wrong as far as I can see , I’m sure this isn’t the first business associate he’s invited to the games and let’s face it most people with a few million in the bank have bent the rules somewhere along the way .
The problem is if this guy had any intentions of taking over or being invoked in running if our club ?
Even if he was used as an advisor on the ground relocation I wouldn’t  be bothered , without getting too excited all Fenty had to do is tell us what he’s doing at Blundell park as it doesn’t look like the Board know anything

Are you 'aving a laugh, we are talking about a convicted conman who ripped off the elderly.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
denni266
December 14, 2020, 4:25am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Does not answer the question , why was he in the ground watching a game of football when the law has stoped the public from entering football grounds at our tier level. Season ticket holders must be spitting bricks over this. I hope the police have gotton hold of this and are going to persue it like they would if you had a brake light out on your car or droped some litter .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
aldi_01
December 14, 2020, 6:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The more I think about it the lore I think this has a wider damaging effect to Fenty’s political career than it does GTFC.

Granted, it shows more contempt for the fans and a disregard for anyone but politically this could have a severe effect. Even if his business dealings with this chap are legit (regardless of reform, I’m not sure I’d want him anywhere near and potential investment), the publicity and backlash it brings surely isn’t worth it?

If, as some have pointed out, this is legit and he’s been hoodwinked then that concerns me further.

The statement does not thing address anything of importance, although it does actually drop him in it.

It’s a flipping mess, once again the alleged custodians of the club have been a shambles and we trundle on...you can hear the conversation now “if we shut out eyes and just carry on, it’ll go away”...I hope this time it doesn’t. For the town fans and the electorate.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
Mallyner
December 14, 2020, 6:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
I'm sorry John but as a man who has lead an honest life and worked hard, as the vast majority of loyal Town supporters have, I cannot contemplate the kind of man who would rob elderly people; and not a few by the money invoived.

To do that this man is the lowest of the low and has no place in the Director's box at our club and his presence is tarnishing your reputation and all the other directors.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
December 14, 2020, 7:28am
Guest User
That’s just not good enough.

These are serious and just concerns the fans have, who are the major investors in the club- both emotionally and financially by the way- as much as you will hate this, Grimsby Town FC is not just the john Fenty show you know. You you have just ignored them with a statement only aimed at keeping your role as a councillor. Show us some respect.

If Fenty is going to ignore us. Over to you Philip Day. Why were you entertaining this fraudster at BP?  What plans do you have on getting this con man and scum bag involved in our club?
Reply: 45 - 59
friskneymariner
December 14, 2020, 8:21am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
All of a sudden the people wake up to the fact the King has no clothes on

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
KingstonMariner
December 14, 2020, 8:49am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimps

Apart from the lack of judgment......
...., the guy had no business being in the football ground  (4times) when thousands of fans are banned.

Dominic Cummings scandal all over again. One rule for us....

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
immariner
December 14, 2020, 9:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Tory representative in dodgy dealings shocker. Breaking covid rules to enable a convicted conman to attend games when supporters are not able to. .Laters John, no coming back from this I'm afraid, respect and reputation in tatters. Stupid flipping fool.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
devs
December 14, 2020, 9:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Fenty is a Poundland Mike Ashley
I used to be 50/50 about him
Who else will take over?
But changed totally in past few months

Many clubs have survived through being community/fans run etc

He is dragging our beloved GTFC through the mud

All of this in the week we paid tribute to the late, great Matt Tees - a man of honour and club legend
What a stain Fenty is on our club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty releases statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.