7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
OneLove
December 9, 2020, 5:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Absolutely baffled, we now have no money issues and has the backing. This contradicts everything Rod got Emu to say to the telegraph two days ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
December 9, 2020, 5:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Buy cheap, buy twice.

Will we ever learn to be proactive, rather than reactive?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
lew chaterleys lover
December 9, 2020, 6:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Mr Day says covid clauses are "unlikely" to be put in new players contracts.

Talk about slow learners.

Any covid clauses should be removed pronto and obviously should not apply to any new signings.

I am not sure anyone at board level is even awake to be honest.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
moosey_club
December 9, 2020, 6:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Mr Day says covid clauses are "unlikely" to be put in new players contracts.

Talk about slow learners.

Any covid clauses should be removed pronto and obviously should not apply to any new signings.

I am not sure anyone at board level is even awake to be honest.

"unlikely"  being key ... haha.

I wonder how that works if you have a set of existing players with it and a set of new players without ?  Legal ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted đŸ„ł
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
aldi_01
December 9, 2020, 6:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean talk about pissing off your current employees...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
denni266
December 9, 2020, 7:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Simple realy.. just remove the covid clause out of the players contracts . not rocket science  even for a solicitor and fish filiter  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
ginnywings
December 9, 2020, 7:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
I don't think the covid clause applies anyway. Wasn't it only in the event of the season being curtailed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
December 9, 2020, 7:15pm
Guest User
Do you guys actually believe that Fenty is going to do anything other than run the run down club further down just so it can get its money back?  While it’s got anything to do with the club there will be no ambition, just you mugs directly repaying him for years of utter incompetence.

For gods sake wake up and finally smell the coffee, don’t go, don’t buy a shirt and force him to either invest without caveat or take the club into administration where it’ll hopefully get what it deserves, 1p in the pound.

I utterly despise what it has done to the club, it isn’t a fan, it’s only interested in self promotion and completely blind to the damage it’s done.  

As for the trust, what undertakings did you get that it would invest before handing over the shares?  Let me take a guess, zilch!,  You’re part of the problem, it’ites to a man (or woman).  Paying for a powerless seat on a board dictated by it, naive in the extreme.  Providing free labour in the bars so it gets its money back quicker.  Change your name to the it trust because you certainly aren’t looking after the interests of GTFC or the fans.

But, there won’t be any pressure or mass protests, you’re all blind with bullsh*t.
Reply: 7 - 61
ginnywings
December 9, 2020, 7:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 139914
Do you guys actually believe that Fenty is going to do anything other than run the run down club further down just so it can get its money back?  While it’s got anything to do with the club there will be no ambition, just you mugs directly repaying him for years of utter incompetence.

For gods sake wake up and finally smell the coffee, don’t go, don’t buy a shirt and force him to either invest without caveat or take the club into administration where it’ll hopefully get what it deserves, 1p in the pound.

I utterly despise what it has done to the club, it isn’t a fan, it’s only interested in self promotion and completely blind to the damage it’s done.  

As for the trust, what undertakings did you get that it would invest before handing over the shares?  Let me take a guess, zilch!,  You’re part of the problem, it’ites to a man (or woman).  Paying for a powerless seat on a board dictated by it, naive in the extreme.  Providing free labour in the bars so it gets its money back quicker.  Change your name to the it trust because you certainly aren’t looking after the interests of GTFC or the fans.

But, there won’t be any pressure or mass protests, you’re all blind with bullsh*t.

We're not blind to any of what you say. If Ollie fails, i think that will be that for many.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
Yoda
December 9, 2020, 7:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
You watch Fenty will run the clock down in January saying signings are coming then nothing happens maybe one signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
lew chaterleys lover
December 9, 2020, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 139914

I agree with you totally. The trouble is how do you galvanise the wider fan base to move against him? I would gladly suspend my support if he could be persuaded to move on, but how???

I really do agree about the Trust though - ineffectual and naive in equal measure.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
TwoLeftFeet
December 9, 2020, 7:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,101
Gold Stars: 19
Trying to get good players in a Jan transfer window is going to be difficult with the league position we could find ourselves in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
promotion plaice
December 9, 2020, 7:46pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Trying to get good players in a Jan transfer window is going to be difficult with the league position we could find ourselves in.

Don't worry.....Ollie's phone will be melting.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
MNH1972
December 9, 2020, 7:47pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +215
Gold Stars: 5
I thought we was running out of money soon !!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
Cambridgefish
December 9, 2020, 9:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -12
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet

Doesn't the bailout mean nobody can spend money in January?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
MarinerWY
December 9, 2020, 10:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from 139914
ABUSE REMOVED

Tone it down a bit eh. I dont like Fenty's tenure either, but that is so personally abusive it's out of order. I have never doubted that he is a town fan, and can disagree with him and dislike his approach without thinking he's Satan respawned. It takes a lot for someone not to be a 'credible human being' in my book, and poorly running a football club is not even close.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
aldi_01
December 10, 2020, 6:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m not sure what will happen in January...are we going to abandon Covid contracts, which will further divide the team in my opinion.

Are there players out there that want to come here? How do we move many of those players clearly not good enough on?

Whenever the fan base has gotten close to putting pressure on Fenty he’s had the magic trick of sacking the manager to bail him out or he does something that manages to pull back supper from those not entirely convinced he’s as excrement as he his. I don’t know what he’ll do this time.

For a chap who has claimed so many times to be desperate to sell because it’s not worth the hassle he sure made it difficult to sell to the genuine interest.

I wonder if Holloway is beginning to realise why many fans shook their head when he claimed we were well run....

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 10, 2020, 7:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 180
What about all those players stacking shelves at mad Harry’s part time?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
denni266
December 10, 2020, 7:46am

Whiskey Drinker
We need to be getting players lined up now ready for signing , not waiting looking at shop windows
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
grimsby pete
December 10, 2020, 7:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from denni266
We need to be getting players lined up now ready for signing , not waiting looking at shop windows

If we sign them at the beginning of the window we have got our first choice.

However if it's at the end they could be panic buys.

Good luck Ollie you are going to need it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
denni266
December 10, 2020, 8:01am

Whiskey Drinker
TBH i think we will only go for the bare min we need and hope it gets us through . The penny pinching will have already started
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
ivanosandwich
December 10, 2020, 9:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
What about all those players stacking shelves at mad Harry’s part time?

Do we actually know if the situation was really Mad Harry telling his staff to get a part time job so they signed for Town?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 10, 2020, 9:18am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
At least one Town player has an online business that we know of, so he has additional income anyway.

Is selling shi'ite on eBay classed as a p/t job?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 10, 2020, 9:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 180
At least one Town player has an online business that we know of, so he has additional income anyway.

Is selling shi'ite on eBay classed as a p/t job?

Some people will always buy other people’s sh1te
There’s a shop at glanford park that sells some

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
diehardmariner
December 10, 2020, 9:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from 139914

In fairness to the Trust, they put the issue to their membership regards the shares.  Rightly or wrongly, the membership voted to give the shares to Fenty.  If I was Mike Parker I would have been absolutely spitting feathers.  Fenty used bully boy tactics there and if I recall rightly dangled the threat of selling Liam Hearn if he didn't get the shares given to him.

That sums up the mentality of the guy who holds the cards.  Couldn't stomach the thought of someone having enough power to be of influence so he threw his toys out.

Unfortunately that episode, in my eyes anyway, removed any sense of credibility the Trust had as a voice.  I think they do fantastic work and it's so easy to forget that the Trust Board are volunteers.  They give up their time for the love of the club.  But as a voice of opposition, I don't think they've got one really.   Which is a shame because there was such potential there.

Unless the Trust absolutely cut their ties with Fenty and this board, they'll never be seen as credible in the eyes of the fan base. Not for this purpose anyway.

If fans are to rally behind a cause to remove Fenty and/or impact upon the level of power he wields, it has to come under another guise.  Of course, there's then the risk of splitting and diluting the supporters.  Which I believe is what is happening at Bury.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
ginnywings
December 10, 2020, 9:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from diehardmariner

In fairness to the Trust, they put the issue to their membership regards the shares.  Rightly or wrongly, the membership voted to give the shares to Fenty.  If I was Mike Parker I would have been absolutely spitting feathers.  Fenty used bully boy tactics there and if I recall rightly dangled the threat of selling Liam Hearn if he didn't get the shares given to him.

That sums up the mentality of the guy who holds the cards.  Couldn't stomach the thought of someone having enough power to be of influence so he threw his toys out.

Unfortunately that episode, in my eyes anyway, removed any sense of credibility the Trust had as a voice.  I think they do fantastic work and it's so easy to forget that the Trust Board are volunteers.  They give up their time for the love of the club.  But as a voice of opposition, I don't think they've got one really.   Which is a shame because there was such potential there.

Unless the Trust absolutely cut their ties with Fenty and this board, they'll never be seen as credible in the eyes of the fan base. Not for this purpose anyway.

If fans are to rally behind a cause to remove Fenty and/or impact upon the level of power he wields, it has to come under another guise.  Of course, there's then the risk of splitting and diluting the supporters.  Which I believe is what is happening at Bury.

I think the handing over of the shares was wrong, but it was done democratically, so fair enough.

I do wonder though, if it were to happen now, would the outcome be different? A lot has happened since then, not much of it very positive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
Garth
December 10, 2020, 10:12am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from denni266

Don't panic our scouts are all over Barrow and Binbrook ATM seeking gold nuggets to sign in January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
Garth
December 10, 2020, 10:15am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from ivanosandwich

Do we actually know if the situation was really Mad Harry telling his staff to get a part time job so they signed for Town?

Or are Mad Harry and Ollie one person
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
TownSNAFU5
December 10, 2020, 10:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
When Fenty threatened to sell our prolific striker Liam Hearn, he showed that when push comes to shove, retaining his power and powerbase at the Club was more important than the Club itself.

I doubt that he actually would have sold Hearn. He just used the threat as a bullying tactic and calculated that he would get his own way.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
arryarryarry
December 10, 2020, 12:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from diehardmariner

If I was Mike Parker I would have been absolutely spitting feathers.

My understanding was he was really drunk off.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
Ipswin
December 10, 2020, 1:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
So according to Holloway today he's looking at three free agents coming in (hope they aren't free agents because of injury or attitude problems and that they have some experience without being too old!) and a keeper too 'to give Macca competition' (not clear if the keeper is one of the three he mentioned though)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
December 10, 2020, 1:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin
So according to Holloway today he's looking at three free agents coming in (hope they aren't free agents because of injury or attitude problems and that they have some experience without being too old!) and a keeper too 'to give Macca competition' (not clear if the keeper is one of the three he mentioned though)

Where can we see what he said?

Reply: 31 - 61
Jarmo.Is.God
December 10, 2020, 1:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Imagine Ollie working with Jamie Osborne! What a player he was, madness he's still in non-league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
jimgtfc
December 10, 2020, 1:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Imagine Ollie working with Jamie Osborne! What a player he was, madness he's still in non-league

Without wanting to turn this into a thread about an ex player, was he really that good though?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
arryarryarry
December 10, 2020, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc

Without wanting to turn this into a thread about an ex player, was he really that good though?

Probably is heart wasn't in it and missed the area he lived in but having said that he would have walked into this team.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
Ipswin
December 10, 2020, 1:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Where can we see what he said?

Tonights Telegraph pre-match press con

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
Boris Johnson
December 10, 2020, 2:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from jimgtfc

I thought he was ace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
pen penfras
December 10, 2020, 2:23pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from jimgtfc

Much like Scott Neilson and many other players over the years, he was good enough to play much higher than NL, but didn't have the mentality to succeed at a higher level. Shame, because those 2 would easily be league 1 or higher players if they had the right attitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 10, 2020, 2:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Ipswin

Crazy!

"Money is no object" we were told the other day so why go down the free agents route again? From the tosh we picked up this season we know the majority of them won't be match fit and will take weeks before being able to play. Buy a couple of match fit, lower league, experienced players and only then fill gaps with the players nobody wants.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
pontoonlew
December 10, 2020, 2:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Picking up 3 free agents in December when they'll have almost certainly been without a club (and a game) since at least March strikes me as absolute madness, especially when we've still not got the last lot of dross we signed up to match fitness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
The_Laughing_Mariner
December 10, 2020, 2:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
anybody have a list of who could be available?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 61
forza ivano
December 10, 2020, 3:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pontoonlew
Picking up 3 free agents in December when they'll have almost certainly been without a club (and a game) since at least March strikes me as absolute madness, especially when we've still not got the last lot of dross we signed up to match fitness.

not necessarily true.Ohman is a free agent and has been playing this season plus training full time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 61
Theimperialcoroner
December 10, 2020, 3:35pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,257
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from arryarryarry

Probably is heart wasn't in it and missed the area he lived in but having said that he would have walked into this team.

Perfectly reasonable why he left. You or I would’ve too. Slade all over.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 61
Ipswin
December 10, 2020, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
He's going for the free agents as he clearly daren't wait until the window opens before he gets players in. He obviously realises how serious things are, whether they will be signed in time for many of the 'easier' matches coming up I doubt.
I reckon he'll wait until January for Macca's replacement tho'

Private Message
Reply: 43 - 61
ginnywings
December 10, 2020, 4:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic

Crazy!

"Money is no object" we were told the other day so why go down the free agents route again? From the tosh we picked up this season we know the majority of them won't be match fit and will take weeks before being able to play. Buy a couple of match fit, lower league, experienced players and only then fill gaps with the players nobody wants.

I think you are conflating "money no object" with the word "free". We aint gonna be paying fees for players, and I'm not sure we can under the terms of the EFL bailout anyway. The money we have said is available will be for decent wages for some decent incoming players ( at least I hope it is) and probably paying off contracts to free up room.

Just because they are free agents doesn't mean they will be no good and/or cheap. I think given the times we are in, there will be plenty of them out there looking for a club. There will certainly be a few more come Jan.

I would hope we are not going to make the same mistake again. We have enough young and inexperienced players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 61
forza ivano
December 10, 2020, 5:25pm

Exile
just listened to the interview and my over riding thought was ' there's no more mr. Nice Guy'!

think this is probably the beginning of the end for us and Macca, which is a shame, but given his wages and form this season, is understandable.

of course the out of contract players could technically still be registered with clubs , and could be negotiating a pay off, in the full knowledge that Holloway will then sign them the day after.
i cant really see it being players who havent had a club since May - they won't be fit and it takes us no further forward
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 61
Wrawby_Mariner
December 10, 2020, 5:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
anybody have a list of who could be available?

In terms of free agents - [url]https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=189&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2020&yt0=Show[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 46 - 61
Swansea_Mariner
December 10, 2020, 5:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Jay Simpson on that list now he used to be tidy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 61
lew chaterleys lover
December 10, 2020, 5:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Telegraph saying ex Chelsea and Bradford winger Morais has been training with us in view to a deal. Only played 45 minutes in 2020 though, but has a good pedigree. He is 35.

He has obviously taken the decision that the youngsters are not going to come good in time to save this season, and I am expecting a really busy January.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 61
chipsandgravy
December 10, 2020, 6:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Telegraph saying ex Chelsea and Bradford winger Morais has been training with us in view to a deal. Only played 45 minutes in 2020 though, but has a good pedigree. He is 35.

He has obviously taken the decision that the youngsters are not going to come good in time to save this season, and I am expecting a really busy January.
   561"]

From Bradford forum.
Very reliable is the best way to describe him. Solid as houses. Gets few assists and odd goal. Can play right back but better as a more solid right wing. Don’t expect flying winger but always gives a 7/10.[/QUOTE]

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 61
Hagrid
December 10, 2020, 6:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Need experiance. Would not say no to him, all his career at this or a higher level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
Heswall Mariner
December 10, 2020, 6:49pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
I recall the name, but much travelled, 35 year old Morais is sill a free agent in December for a reason. Please don't sign another old croc whose legs have gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
forza ivano
December 10, 2020, 7:34pm

Exile
some interesting names in there.

Luke Steele experienced keeper

Jack Hobbs - quality centre half from Lincs

Nathan Cameron - centre half ,who was highly rated at Macc (think he's recently been released by Wigan)

Simon Francis (nuff said)

George Thorne - plenty of experience at higher level and still in his twenties

Kevin Lee ex midfielder for Sheffield 'MASSIVE' Wednesday

and if you're looking for big experienced centre forwards look no further than Chris O'Grady or Steve Davies
1 intriguing name that cropped up was Michael Ngoo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ngoo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 10, 2020, 8:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from forza ivano
some interesting names in there.

Luke Steele experienced keeper

Jack Hobbs - quality centre half from Lincs

Nathan Cameron - centre half ,who was highly rated at Macc (think he's recently been released by Wigan)

Simon Francis (nuff said)

George Thorne - plenty of experience at higher level and still in his twenties
Kevin Lee ex midfielder for Sheffield 'MASSIVE' Wednesday

and if you're looking for big experienced centre forwards look no further than Chris O'Grady or Steve Davies
1 intriguing name that cropped up was Michael Ngoo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ngoo

Remember George Thorne playing for Derby on loan, from WBA, I think a few years back and he looked a cracking player but unfortunately he suffered a couple of career threatening injuries but if anywhere near fit guy is a good player, or should be at L2 level. Dean Marley was always a committed 100% performer but has probably had too little football being a squad player at higher level, but again should be well good enough for our level but same old problem that they will have played little or no football for an eternity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
MuddyWaters
December 10, 2020, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Jack Hobbs is a decent shout. Good CB.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
Mikey_345
December 10, 2020, 9:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,536
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
I recall the name, but much travelled, 35 year old Morais is sill a free agent in December for a reason. Please don't sign another old croc whose legs have gone.

Jeez, he only got released 7 weeks ago by Crawley because he wanted to move back up North...

But I suppose you have in-depth knowledge of his fitness and  ability as you “recall the name”

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
ginnywings
December 10, 2020, 9:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic

Two of my " free agent bingo " balls.

Old croc

Legs have gone

Just need "injury prone" and "looking for a last pay day" for a full house.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
arryarryarry
December 10, 2020, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Jack Hobbs is a decent shout. Good CB.

He would be a good addition to the Town cricket team come the summer.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
December 11, 2020, 9:43am
Guest User

Stereotyping players, lol, you need to look at how many over 35's are still playing successfully in the EFL.

Reply: 58 - 61
Ipswin
December 11, 2020, 10:14am
Vodka Drinker
Luke Hyam would bring a bit of class to the midfield and a good link up from that back line with strikers (if we get any)

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
golfer
December 11, 2020, 10:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
OK  OK  I get your messages - you all want me and Pete to sign to use our experience to teach Morton and Taylor how to pass the ball over the halfway line. ( in a forward direction )
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
arryarryarry
December 11, 2020, 3:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from golfer
OK  OK  I get your messages - you all want me and Pete to sign to use our experience to teach Morton and Taylor how to pass the ball over the halfway line. ( in a forward direction )

IH didn't mention you and Pete by name but get your boots ready.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0910n9c
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › fill your boots ollie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.