5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
December 7, 2020, 10:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
I see the Colchester chairman has offered season ticket refunds to any fan who wants one, if they are intent on continuing to boo players taking the knee.

He seems to be conflating booing the action of taking the knee with booing his own players. One of the many reasons I am against this type of political action taking place in football is it will inevitably lead to infighting at clubs, in this case between chairman and fans. The idea of politics is to have different opinions, especially on such a sensitive subject so conflict is inevitable.

The important message will now be lost as fans and clubs will be at loggerheads as to how best to get the message across. There are many injustices in this world, but is it best to leave any protests away from the field of play?  

Private Message
fishboyUTM
December 7, 2020, 11:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
I notice how these press statements are only ever reported in favour of BLM. A group of anarchists in my opinion who want to defund the police. We've all seen them deface the Winston Churchill statue, burn the union Jack amongst others.

I am a hundred percent against them. Now we seem to be talking about banning people who boo the players taking a knee to support these anarchists. That's what happens when you allow political movements in football. I think the MAJORITY of supporters are against our players 'taking the knee'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 48
HoratiusEberlin
December 7, 2020, 11:28am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +216
Gold Stars: 10
If you oppose an anti-racism demonstration, you are condoning racism. This communicates directly to the players, who have chosen to take part in the anti-racism demonstration.
Politics are embedded in everything, football included. It is impossible to divorce the two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 48
ginnywings
December 7, 2020, 12:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from fishboyUTM
I notice how these press statements are only ever reported in favour of BLM. A group of anarchists in my opinion who want to defund the police. We've all seen them deface the Winston Churchill statue, burn the union Jack amongst others.

I am a hundred percent against them. Now we seem to be talking about banning people who boo the players taking a knee to support these anarchists. That's what happens when you allow political movements in football. I think the MAJORITY of supporters are against our players 'taking the knee'.

Based on what?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 48
December 7, 2020, 12:10pm
Guest User
Firstly - is this an anti racism stance. I thought It was a BLM protest? When did this change.

Secondly. And this is a genuine question. Can someone explain to me what these injustices are. I’m intrigued. Cos it gets said. But no one actually explains what they are and what they want changed. Cos the injustices that I’ve read about- when you dig a bit deeper, don’t seem to have racism as the core cause of the issues....... in this country!
Reply: 4 - 48
sam gy
December 7, 2020, 12:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from fishboyUTM
I think the MAJORITY of supporters are against our players 'taking the knee'.

Speak for yourself.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 48
Manchester Mariner
December 7, 2020, 12:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from 3610
Firstly - is this an anti racism stance. I thought It was a BLM protest? When did this change.

Secondly. And this is a genuine question. Can someone explain to me what these injustices are. I’m intrigued. Cos it gets said. But no one actually explains what they are and what they want changed. Cos the injustices that I’ve read about- when you dig a bit deeper, don’t seem to have racism as the core cause of the issues....... in this country!

Within football in this country specifically there have been a number of racist incidents over the last year or two. Off the top of my head there was the incident at Hartlepool Vs Dover, Aubameyang getting a banana thrown at him, Raheem Sterling being racially abused playing against Chelsea and once again Millwall fans playing to stereotypes chanting racist songs when they played Everton in the FA Cup. I'm sure you could google the correct authorities and get examples of more. Granted it doesn't happen as much as it used to but it should not be happening at all anymore thus footballers taking the knee before games as a peaceful silent protest show of solidarity which lasts a few seconds.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 48
December 7, 2020, 1:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

Within football in this country specifically there have been a number of racist incidents over the last year or two. Off the top of my head there was the incident at Hartlepool Vs Dover, Aubameyang getting a banana thrown at him, Raheem Sterling being racially abused playing against Chelsea and once again Millwall fans playing to stereotypes chanting racist songs when they played Everton in the FA Cup. I'm sure you could google the correct authorities and get examples of more. Granted it doesn't happen as much as it used to but it should not be happening at all anymore thus footballers taking the knee before games as a peaceful silent protest show of solidarity which lasts a few seconds.

Disgusting individual acts

But I think this is what KICK IT OUT is all about. taking the knee is something else. It was in support of BLM protests.

And the narrative that The BLM MOVEMENT are spouting is completely different. A lot of the injustices they are saying don’t stack up under the microscope. If you look at what this organisation is about- it’s not just anti racism. It’s a far left political movement. It’s very clear of their objectives on the BLM Uk website.

I think this is the big problem. People are confusing the two. I assume - (I don’t know what’s going on in their heads)lot of the people who are booing are anti BLM. but are not anti kick it out.

If you don’t understand the difference- it’s easy to just assume they are all racists
Reply: 7 - 48
Henryscat
December 7, 2020, 1:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

Aswad Thomas by one of ours at BP when he was opposition.

Toto Nsiala (allegedly) by one of ours at Halifax.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 48
Croxton
December 7, 2020, 2:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from HoratiusEberlin
If you oppose an anti-racism demonstration, you are condoning racism. This communicates directly to the players, who have chosen to take part in the anti-racism demonstration.
Politics are embedded in everything, football included. It is impossible to divorce the two.

Utter nonsense. It is entirely logical to simultaneously oppose taking the knee and support anti-racism at the same time. BLM are the problem, not the players. None of the football authorities want to risk their 'brand' and reputation by opposing the knee for fear of the left leaning media and Twitter backlash. They are doing the commercially expedient thing. Shame on them for promoting a highly politicised, divisive and unaccountable organisation. This furore only undermines the EFL' Not Today or Any Day' protocols.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 48
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester chairman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.