Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 213 Guests

Tweet from tondeur.

This thread currently has 18,552 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Tinymariner
November 22, 2020, 12:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He tweeted to say that Ollie would quit if the fans wanted him to. That is something entirely different to what you have just said.

So JT tweeted that IH was willing/ready to quit? Thought so!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 128
aldi_01
November 22, 2020, 12:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean perhaps Holloway is looking for a get out. Perhaps he realises he was hoodwinked the club and his own hyperbole is now catching him out.

The club hasn’t moved forward, isn’t well run as he claims and lacks any ambition for him to truly turn us around and make us in to something at least half decent?

Or may be Holloway is just using some weird reverse psychology and the whole thing has been taken out of any sort of context?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 128
Ipswin
November 22, 2020, 12:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Not for the first time I disagree with your opinion. Interviews after heavy defeats will always get emotional and spikey and personally I had no problems with JT’s questions but I do object as stated in a previous post about his Twitter comments later in the evening.

Anyway the reason I disagree relates to Ollie’s interview on Friday when he referred to plans not only for January but next season as well with regard player recruitment. This interview was given when Ollie was not steamed up, embarrassed and no doubt f....ing annoyed about a performance that had only ended half an hour before.

I just see no value in rolling the managerial dice yet again. In previous posts I acknowledge Ollie has got his recruitment wrong, something I believe he privately accepts, but I don’t expect him to slate those players in public and expect we will know what he feels as players leave. I do think he was probably naive on the difficulty that exists in getting players to join Grimsby and I think this was not helped by the pandemic and our clubs approach to player contracts.

Let’s not forget he has not been here for 12 months yet and five of those were spent twiddling thumbs and planning for a variety of scenarios that the club could face because of the pandemic. Hopefully, he is now much wiser, and as a consequence player recruitment will improve. Whoever is in charge wholesale changes are required and despite yesterday’s result I personally want Ollie to be in charge of that. Just over a year ago Lincoln were conceding six at home to Oxford and their league position shows much can change in a short period of time if you trust your Manager.

I am not advocating Holloway should leave or stay for that matter I am past caring frankly. The avalanche of players desperate to play for him was total balderdash (apart from Billy Clarke who I suspect just wanted a job for a season) and he has signed a load of players not capable of playing to his system (or he is not capable of putting his system in place) He arrived based on past glories to a wonderful welcome from thousands of hopeful fans starved of success.

As for fans blaming Fenty btw please remember Holloway knew EXACTLY what the postion and Fenty's approach was before he started (he had to go Dutch on the fish and chip welcome lunch probably)

We are not likely to recruit anyone with a bigger name (if that counts for anything) or more experienced and knowledgeable so we may as well stick with him for better or worse but I am not sure he will stick it out and any criticism from the fans (quite justifiably) or RH would be a tailor made excuse to quit

Sadly I am not convinced he is going to turn things around and I don't have the blind belief some appear to have. I would be delighted to be proved wrong as I want to see GTFC progress up the league(s) as much as the next man but it appears many would be satisfied if we finished one place above Scunny (lets hope they dont end up 24th!)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 128
Ipswin
November 22, 2020, 12:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ska face

The Lincoln board invested a six-figure fee in September, on top of a massive share issue to the fans, described as the biggest round of investment seen since the current Chief Exec had been at the club.

Where are our board?

There is only one man on our board with a pot to urine in and if he puts any more money in he will merely be adding to the loan everone is constantly moaning about

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 128
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2020, 1:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
Here is the full interview JT was referring to  to put things in to context

That’s not the full interview though is it? It’s just a transcript of what Holloway said. It’s not in context because it doesn’t show what came before. Or any follow up question.

You’re just doing what some are accusing JT of.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 128
toontown
November 22, 2020, 1:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Tinymariner

So JT tweeted that IH was willing/ready to quit? Thought so!

Well did Ollie not say That he would go if the fans wanted him to?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 128
Stranger in the Park
November 22, 2020, 1:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -188
Gold Stars: 7
Why did JT feel the need to cherry-pick one line from a previously published interview? This thread demonstrates the answer- he wanted to cause controversy....and succeeded!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 128
arryarryarry
November 22, 2020, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Tinymariner

And from that, JT tweeted that IH was ready to quit? It’s JT who should be resigning, absolutely shocking journalism. Hang your head in shame JT. How he can call himself a Town fan is beyond me, shite stirring as usual.

“If they want to come round my house and tell me to go home, I’ll stop selling it and buying one here"

“All those unhappy people, just come and tell me, it’s not a problem. If it’s all the Grimsby fans, then it isn’t a quibble, I’ll go. No problem if that’s what you want.

You clearly have a problem understanding English. You can get classes for it if you want.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 128
Rob_in_Grimsby
November 22, 2020, 1:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That’s not the full interview though is it? It’s just a transcript of what Holloway said. It’s not in context because it doesn’t show what came before. Or any follow up question.

You’re just doing what some are accusing JT of.

I have just reposted what the actual telegraph reporter has published and in His words was the FULL interview

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 128
gaz57
November 22, 2020, 1:19pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
I've never asked a member of the family to leave and I'm not starting now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.