3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
fishboyUTM
November 17, 2020, 8:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
I could do with training with Town I think. Not football wise, I'm shite but Sarge Dave Moore could beast me, Ollie would get me running and running. And i'd have to go for quorn chicken and rice. Good luck to IRA, wish him well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Rick12
November 17, 2020, 8:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from fishboyUTM
I could do with training with Town I think. Not football wise, I'm shite but Sarge Dave Moore could beast me, Ollie would get me running and running. And i'd have to go for quorn chicken and rice. Good luck to IRA, wish him well.
Anyone who trys to improve themselves be it mentally or physically is a success 👏  .

Like the great Andres Iniesta said the perfect footballer doesn't exist .Some are close like Messi but thats the beauty of the sport there is always room for improvement.

An analogy for life.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
fishboyUTM
November 17, 2020, 8:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Anyone who trys to improve themselves be it mentally or physically is a success 👏  .

Like the great Andres Iniesta said the perfect footballer doesn't exist .Some are close like Messi but thats the beauty of the sport there is always room for improvement.

An analogy for life.

On that note, I'm off to the garage gym. Cheers for inspiring me ha.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Croxton
November 17, 2020, 9:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
'Moderation in all things' applies to weight loss and fitness. Twelve years ago, aged 58, I was told to lose two stone by the nurse at our surgery due to my Body Mass Index and cholesterol scores. Rather than take statins, I took to the local Pennine hills again, ate smaller meals and duly met the target weight in three months. Big mistake.

By flogging my little legs on the road I exacerbated the arthritis in my knee and had to go back to the same surgery for the inevitable round of x-rays. I should have done a mix of exercises including swimming, cycling and Gym. Exercise alone is useless for weight loss. Eating got me fat. Healthier eating, an outdoor life and smaller portions keep my scores low.

Random targets can be dangerous and should be part of a full medical assessment and family history. I am sure Ira is being monitored safely by Town staff but it does seem a lot of weight to lose!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Rick12
November 17, 2020, 9:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Croxton
'Moderation in all things' applies to weight loss and fitness. Twelve years ago, aged 58, I was told to lose two stone by the nurse at our surgery due to my Body Mass Index and cholesterol scores. Rather than take statins, I took to the local Pennine hills again, ate smaller meals and duly met the target weight in three months. Big mistake.

By flogging my little legs on the road I exacerbated the arthritis in my knee and had to go back to the same surgery for the inevitable round of x-rays. I should have done a mix of exercises including swimming, cycling and Gym. Exercise alone is useless for weight loss. Eating got me fat. Healthier eating, an outdoor life and smaller portions keep my scores low.

From experience I can relate to that . A fair few trainers in sport the most notable being Robert McKCracken who is Anthony Joshua's trainer employ similar training regimes. Listen to your body as its the best doctor .Likewise he tailors Anthony Joshua's training regime to how his energy levels are on a daily basis.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
diehardmariner
November 17, 2020, 11:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Very impressive.  Could say it's maybe a bit too drastic a weight loss for that period of time but impressive dedication all the same.

Why did it start 7 weeks ago though?  That takes us to the back end of September, Jackson signed early August.  It's not a criticism I'm just interested why the decision would be made to make that dramatic transformation in the middle of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
fishboyUTM
November 17, 2020, 11:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Very impressive.  Could say it's maybe a bit too drastic a weight loss for that period of time but impressive dedication all the same.

Why did it start 7 weeks ago though?  That takes us to the back end of September, Jackson signed early August.  It's not a criticism I'm just interested why the decision would be made to make that dramatic transformation in the middle of the season.

Probably when he moved to the area and began pre season training. The players will all have individual training plans to get them to the required levels.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
KingstonMariner
November 17, 2020, 1:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Completely agree with Croxton on both posts.

Shows dedication by the lad. Great attitude. Hope Ira has kept all his muscle mass in all that weight loss.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Kris2
November 17, 2020, 1:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Croxton

Random targets can be dangerous and should be part of a full medical assessment and family history. I am sure Ira is being monitored safely by Town staff but it does seem a lot of weight to lose!

The difference here is that he's not 58 and is becoming a full time pro athlete and isn't being treated for arthritis. The jump from part-time to full-time can be quite a change in what is expected of you, Brodie dropped off into part-time football and when he returned to York trying to go back full-time he couldn't return to the level of fitness required. Everything is more difficult at first but coaches and medical staff who have been in the game a long time will know what is required and how to get him there.

Diet will depend on what you're trying to achieve, be it slim down, bulk up etc. Pro fighters have to make weight and will change their diet accordingly, body builders will eat a lot and have large amounts of protein in their diet to bulk up with workouts. I don't think it's that much weight to lose when you imagine him moving to full-time training and getting better advice on diet. We don't have the benefit of being the club medical staff to know where he started and what the goal is.

In any case I do like his positivity and not entitled attitude. Good person to look at for young people who want everything to be handed to them now and don't have the mindset of hard work getting results.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
KingstonMariner
November 17, 2020, 1:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Good luck to IRA, wish him well.

Is that Official or just Provisional?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jackson Jr

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.