Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 29 Guests

This thread currently has 751 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
November 15, 2020, 11:34am
Guest User
Can’t be far away, Chevy Chase has already been down our street and spiked CO2 emissions.

I’m not seeing a lot behind me but really looking forward to next year, the prospect of normality and vaccines for everyone is promising. Even the 5G conspiracy theorists will be at the front of the queue when Matt Hancock rolls out C19 jabs.

Walking home down Grimsby Road with 3 points in the bag is high on the list........ what are you looking forward to next year?
grimsby pete
November 15, 2020, 3:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,833
Gold Stars: 222
Just getting back to some normality would be nice.

People going to work able to go out to pub and footy game.

How long will it take to vaccinate over 60 million people though ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
November 15, 2020, 3:38pm
Guest User
If they get the army involved I can see it being done well
Reply: 2 - 7
Stadium
November 15, 2020, 4:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from 28195
If they get the army involved I can see it being done well

The preferred option but doubtful it will be assigned to them.
Worrying really after the farcical roll out of track & trace but it will no doubt be awarded to private entities with association to the government.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
KingstonMariner
November 16, 2020, 3:54am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
2021 wish list in no particular order:

Roll out of an effective vaccine.
Being allowed to continue working from home.
My son getting a job.
Niece getting the all clear from her cancer.
Winning enough money to retire.
Building a man cave.
World peace.
End to hunger.
LincsIronman to get a girlfriend, or boyfriend or gender non-specific person with low standards.
Town promotion (least likely of them all I know).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
cmackenzie4
November 16, 2020, 8:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
[quote=128597]

Worrying really after the farcical roll out of track & trace but it will no doubt be awarded to private entities with association to the government.

I’ve come to the conclusion Stadium (after lots of deliberating) that you’re not a fan of this conservative government are you ?  😉

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Stadium
November 16, 2020, 8:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from cmackenzie4
[quote=128597]

I’ve come to the conclusion Stadium (after lots of deliberating) that you’re not a fan of this conservative government are you ?  😉

Matt Hancock has tonight been mockingly compared to comedic radio host character Alan Partridge after referring to England's deputy chief medical officer as 'JVT'.

In a cringe-worthy segment of tonight's Downing Street press conference, the Health Secretary took over from his colleague by saying 'thanks JVT' - an abbreviation of Jonathan Van Tam.

It came minutes after Mr Van Tam had compared a new Covid vaccine to scoring a goal in a penalty shootout, and after Matt Hancock had urged the nation to 'nurture the flame' of the 'candle of hope'.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
aldi_01
November 17, 2020, 6:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The concept of vaccinating everyone seems pointless too. We don’t vaccinate everyone against flu, vaccinations are an exact science and naturally it comes down to choice.

For as many folk who have been a so called victim (of the virus not the government) there have been plenty who haven’t and these things have to come down to choice.

Personally the vaccine isn’t something I’ve even thought about, more the level of apathy that society generally has, the lack of uproar of the billions handed out without following proper procedures to chums of government and the like, that concerns me.

As for 2021, just going back to what we had before would be a start but me thinks whilst there’s a excrement ton of cash to be made, that won’t be happening...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.