2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
November 15, 2020, 10:06am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,258
Gold Stars: 266
Their Chairman has agreed to write off all loans to the club to secure the club's long term future ....    
Private Message
Ipswin
November 15, 2020, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Silly man I wonder how long it will be before they go to him for more.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
HertsGTFC
November 15, 2020, 10:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Ipswin
Silly man I wonder how long it will be before they go to him for more.

That’s possibly why he’s done it as I would imagine FFP or whatever it is prevents him loaning anymore whilst they have their current liabilities.

At the very least if he does that it reduces their liabilities and prevents/delays any administration.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Swansea_Mariner
November 15, 2020, 10:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Fair play to him that's a massive commitment for him to make given the amount of money he's put into the club.

Rather than gloating should we not be envious about being debt free our time horizon for this milestone seems never ending.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
promotion plaice
November 15, 2020, 10:34am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

If he does write off his loans I doubt Swann's Mrs will allow him to waste more money on Scunny.

Looks like they are going for a similar business model to ours now, only spend what you have and rely more on developing young players through the academy.

No doubt some will be asking Mr Fenty to write off his loans now.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
friskneymariner
November 15, 2020, 10:37am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Mmn wonder if that idea will catch on.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
November 15, 2020, 11:23am
Guest User
He must have given up on his ambition, to get Scunthorpe into the Premier League? Maybe if I had all that money spending on a similar passion would be the thing to do. Maybe sponsor a player or sign around the pitch, or even splash out on some hospitality.

The benefit must have been for his ego or gratification rather than Scunthorpe as I see little benefit to them.
Reply: 6 - 18
ska face
November 15, 2020, 11:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from promotion plaice

No doubt some will be asking Mr Fenty to write off his loans now.

Yes please. Any chance John?

Directors’ loans showing as £1.55m on the 2019 accounts. At £200k a year (for example), it’s going to be more than another 7 years before this is cleared, and that’s assuming we’ll have £200k a year spare to throw away.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
tintowner
November 15, 2020, 3:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from It Bites
Their Chairman has agreed to write off all loans to the club to secure the club's long term future ....    

But......has he actually done it yet?......... and if he does...what will be the conditions because i am sure there will be some.

Scunthorpe United as a club own the stadium and land around it. When it was built, there was nothing else around there or abouts.
Now the situation is different..very different. It is prime retail land and worth a lot of money.

I am sure that if Mr Swann did 'write off' his loans to the club......there would be conditions and the ownership of the ground (not the club)
could form part of those conditions.

How many other chairman of various clubs have sold up etc but kept ownership of the grounds.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
moosey_club
November 15, 2020, 4:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Its more interesting to me that he has said he is heading down the sustainable route and relying on a good structure / youth set up rather than buying his way up the League which he said he has had a go at but failed.
The current squad of youngsters he has have been getting panned by one and all as not good enough so i just hope he has enough time to fail completely before his wife pulls the plug completely.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gloating about Scunny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.