Ipswin
November 5, 2020, 4:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from psgmariner
Sure this has been explained before but do we have insurance for injured players (I.e. insurers pick up the wages)?

Even if we had I reckon we'd have to agree to a £1500 (or more) excess on a Hanson policy.

Sad but I really don't think he's up to it any more and it's time to pack it in

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
davmariner
November 5, 2020, 4:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
His body clearly isn’t up to the rigours of professional football anymore. Shame, as on his day he’s a great player.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
lew chaterleys lover
November 5, 2020, 4:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Poor bloke. It's not his fault we signed him years too late. We sign everybody who has a decent reputation years too late, Matt Green being the perfect example.  
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2020, 5:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
Mods can you make this a sticky.?  

😂

You’re on form today

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
moosey_club
November 5, 2020, 8:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Poor bloke. It's not his fault we signed him years too late. We sign everybody who has a decent reputation years too late, Matt Green being the perfect example.  

Curran (Sr), Webb, Warhurst, Beagrie, Peacock, Proudlock, Brodie ......the problem being of course the only way we could afford players with some level of "quality" (used loosely in some cases) in the first place was as  they were on the way down.
Until we achieve a decent level of football and become established higher up the pyramid we will only likely to be signing raw upcoming talent, lower league stalwarts or former higher level players with fitness issues....ie right now Hanson and Mohsni.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
Mayaman
November 6, 2020, 5:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
A lot of people banging on here about tried and tested strikers.  We have one but he never plays.  I think we should give the young lads a fairer crack of the whip.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
louth_in_the_south
November 6, 2020, 6:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Mayaman
A lot of people banging on here about tried and tested strikers.  We have one but he never plays.  I think we should give the young lads a fairer crack of the whip.

So right . Unless young players eg Gibson are given a decent run in the side they’ll struggle to settle in .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Mendonca1995
November 6, 2020, 7:18am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
In all fairness I think Gibson in time could become a cracking player for us from what I’ve seen, he’s still learning gets caught offside a lot but he will pick that up under Ollie, and we’ve yet to see Jackson jnr and Touray sisay who knows what any of them could do with a continued run in the side, Hanson started last season on fire and everyone thought wow we’ve finally found a target man who scores !!! but he has the last few years been injury prone and unfortunately it’s proving that again massive shame because he’s probably the best in the air outside the championship IMO looking forward to see who plays Saturday UTM

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
jamesgtfc
November 6, 2020, 9:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
I don't hold too much hope for Sisay. I mean, even Louis Robles has been tearing up the Welsh Premier League.

Gibson is a rough diamond, has recently been a pro so knows what it entails and what he lost. It sounds like Jackson Jr is getting fitter. If he takes his chance when it comes along and scores a goal or 2, he gives Holloway no choice but to play him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 6, 2020, 10:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

Mind you, I’m sure some were saying Matt Tees was over the hill when he came back.

Also we have to remember some others who were bargains like Futch and Birtles and Trevor Wymark.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hanson Injured

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.